Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see the Bills are in mid-season form

Well holy crap - the Bills were actually able to continue the momentum of the last 2 games and take down the Rams today. It's a game I think they should have won so I'm not surprised, but I don't have to tell you other Bills fans that we haven't exactly been able to sustain momentum very well in past years. Now onto SF where they they better be able to do the same thing. That would be a total disaster to lose that game.

Well holy crap - the Bills were actually able to continue the momentum of the last 2 games and take down the Rams today. It's a game I think they should have won so I'm not surprised, but I don't have to tell you other Bills fans that we haven't exactly been able to sustain momentum very well in past years. Now onto SF where they they better be able to do the same thing. That would be a total disaster to lose that game.
Greg Roman. This is not a coincidence.

Offense was pretty awful today aside from McCoy and a couple nice plays by Taylor in the Red Zone but the defense is legit and should only get better with the additions they will soon be adding.

Offense needs a lot of work. They really need Watkins back one his IR time is up, if he's lost for the year its an enormous blow.
I think getting Karlos Williams in the fold again would be a nice weapon for this team he can catch out of the backfield at his size. Maybe they can get something out of Justin Hunter or Goodwin until Watkins can hopefully get back.

I could not be more impressed with McCoy over these last few games. He's looked as good as ever.

Three really nice games in a row for the Bills. They need to get to 3-1 in this quarter (Rams game included) to stay on pace for a possible wild card spot. 49ers and Dolphins games should be extremely winnable.

I could not be more impressed with McCoy over these last few games. He's looked as good as ever.

Three really nice games in a row for the Bills. They need to get to 3-1 in this quarter (Rams game included) to stay on pace for a possible wild card spot. 49ers and Dolphins games should be extremely winnable.

I'm hoping the Niners keep Gabbert at QB. He's awful. I could see Kaepernick coming in and lighting it up after all the nonsense drama.

The Cap is gonna be rockin' on Sunday... I'll be in 333 gettin louda!

Solid win against the Rams. Wish Tyrod hit more throws but there were 3 drops that all would have extended separate drives. Shady is a great safety valve and is a top 5 back in the league. The O line is playing well which bodes well for the running game and can help Tyrod to continue protect the ball which is the best of his attributes.

This team isn't perfect but I'm trying to envision the team rallying around Rex and continuing to play tough. Still need to reduce penalties. Facemasks, Blocks in the back are all things that should not happen.

Offense really could use Sammy back if we want to make a serious playoff push/run. Wish that the Bills had handled his injury differently. Anyone think Whaley would make a trade for a big time receiver?

Win the next two... try to keep heat on the Pats for the division.

Solid win against the Rams. Wish Tyrod hit more throws but there were 3 drops that all would have extended separate drives. Shady is a great safety valve and is a top 5 back in the league. The O line is playing well which bodes well for the running game and can help Tyrod to continue protect the ball which is the best of his attributes.

This team isn't perfect but I'm trying to envision the team rallying around Rex and continuing to play tough. Still need to reduce penalties. Facemasks, Blocks in the back are all things that should not happen.

Offense really could use Sammy back if we want to make a serious playoff push/run. Wish that the Bills had handled his injury differently. Anyone think Whaley would make a trade for a big time receiver?

Whaley would absolutely make that trade and the Pegulas would ok it... Just a matter of if anyone becomes available.

It's not like they would be mortgaging the future, we need a legit #2 next to Watkins anyway, even when he gets healthy. Nobody can know if Woods is staying in B-Lo after this year.

Would like to see what Hunter can do once he gets the playbook down.

Kapernick just announced as the starter. Bummer

Sounds good to me, guy hasn't played in a what a year, has taken zero live snaps in this new system, and has probably the worse WR core in the NFL. Honestly Buffalo should dominate this game defensively though I am sure that won't be the case now that I just said that.

Sounds good to me, guy hasn't played in a what a year, has taken zero live snaps in this new system, and has probably the worse WR core in the NFL. Honestly Buffalo should dominate this game defensively though I am sure that won't be the case now that I just said that.

We're gonna kill 'em. Everyone pick Buffalo in your Survivor Leagues!

To me this is a game you have to have if the Bills are serious about a playoff spot. If you cannot defeat a Kaepernik-led 49ers team with major talent issues, AT HOME, they have no serious designs on the playoffs.

I would imagine that the defense is going to cause him fits...hopefully Tyrod and the "O" can get it rolling. I would feed Shady as much as possible ...

Here's to hoping we hear the Shout song repeatedly on a Sunday.

To me this is a game you have to have if the Bills are serious about a playoff spot. If you cannot defeat a Kaepernik-led 49ers team with major talent issues, AT HOME, they have no serious designs on the playoffs.

I would imagine that the defense is going to cause him fits...hopefully Tyrod and the "O" can get it rolling. I would feed Shady as much as possible ...

Here's to hoping we hear the Shout song repeatedly on a Sunday.

Agreed, have to get the next 2 and Cinci looks beatable. If they could get out of the next 5 at 6-4 with 4 out of last 6 at home, 10-6 and a Wildcard is attainable. Just have to root for the Jets and Miami to continue meltdown as well

what is the timeframe for Sammy's return? In hindsight wish they shelved him sooner but whatever

We need this one. Couldn't ask for a better matchup. I would prefer to play Gabbert but regardless, SF has major personnel issues.

Kap is still going to be rusty and don't think he is 100% either but Gabbert has been so bad there isn't much of a choice. Have to imagine Kelly is on a tight leash as well, he may not see year #2

what is the timeframe for Sammy's return? In hindsight wish they shelved him sooner but whatever

I had been thinking he was as good as done for 2016 but I just read an article saying that a Dr. confirmed that his foot is sound structurally (no 2nd surgery necessary) and that it just needs to continue to heal to reduce pain.

He's on IR so the earliest he could come back would be week 12 which would be Nov 27th vs Jax

Agreed, have to get the next 2 and Cinci looks beatable. If they could get out of the next 5 at 6-4 with 4 out of last 6 at home, 10-6 and a Wildcard is attainable. Just have to root for the Jets and Miami to continue meltdown as well

The more I look at this the more I agree with you. Key stretch of the season:

11/27- Jaguars
12/4- @ Raiders
12/11- Steelers
12/18 Browns
12/24- Dolphins

Five straight games against AFC opponents, four at home, two against likely wildcard/division opponents in Oakland & Pittsburgh. Need to make a LOT of hay in this stretch- because the finale is @NY Jets. My hope is Gang Green has long since mailed it in at that point because otherwise they will be licking at the chops to keep us out if we're in contention...

First thing's first- beat SF.

The more I look at this the more I agree with you. Key stretch of the season:

11/27- Jaguars
12/4- @ Raiders
12/11- Steelers
12/18 Browns
12/24- Dolphins

Five straight games against AFC opponents, four at home, two against likely wildcard/division opponents in Oakland & Pittsburgh. Need to make a LOT of hay in this stretch- because the finale is @NY Jets. My hope is Gang Green has long since mailed it in at that point because otherwise they will be licking at the chops to keep us out if we're in contention...

First thing's first- beat SF.

Yep, hate to say it but get to 4-2 and with this franchise can't take any game lightly, wouldn't be surprised if we get to 10-6 with a win or two didn't expect and a sheeting of the bed in a game like Jags or Phins either. If they lose to the browns I quit

Yep, hate to say it but get to 4-2 and with this franchise can't take any game lightly, wouldn't be surprised if we get to 10-6 with a win or two didn't expect and a sheeting of the bed in a game like Jags or Phins either. If they lose to the browns I quit

Not buying it -- if you haven't quit by now you never will...

Hi, I'm NateW and I'm a Buffalo Bills addict.

We're gonna kill 'em. Everyone pick Buffalo in your Survivor Leagues!

They are favored by 8 and you've got the west coast team in SF starting at 1PM EDT. Not a Bills fan but I've seen enough of them over the years to know that just when their fans start to believe they get the rug pulled out from under them. Losing this game would be classic Buffalo so I'm scared to pick them. Tennessee vs. Cleveland or Pitt at Miami are safer choices IMO.

They are favored by 8 and you've got the west coast team in SF starting at 1PM EDT. Not a Bills fan but I've seen enough of them over the years to know that just when their fans start to believe they get the rug pulled out from under them. Losing this game would be classic Buffalo so I'm scared to pick them. Tennessee vs. Cleveland or Pitt at Miami are safer choices IMO.
What are your picks for next week?;)