Good Win Over A Hated Rival | Syracusefan.com

Good Win Over A Hated Rival

After these past 2 games we have played like that dominant starting pitcher who only gives up chances in the first inning and time thru the lineup and after that initial start just come alive and dominate.
Going from 1-5 to 13-10 was truly impressive. The depth this team has is truly a thing to enjoy and the faceoff X is no longer a complete disaster. .

Amazing to hear that we're probably red shirting the entire freshmen class.

I think this freshman class is looked at more for depth purposes. Not the most highly touted (highest ranked was #58 in IL for whatever that's worth).

Whitey23 said:
I think this freshman class is looked at more for depth purposes. Not the most highly touted (highest ranked was #58 in IL for whatever that's worth).

Yup, figured that.

Can we count Ben Williams as part of our Frosh class (even though he's a Soph)? ;)

If Voight came here rather than doing a PG year, the class would be more highly rated.

If Voight came here rather than doing a PG year, the class would be more highly rated.
Agreed but it was still ranked 17th*. Wouldn't have moved up that much.

*for the record i hate IL rankings but it's all we really have to go on.

I like these rankings better:

syracuse.gif
Syracuse (5-0) 472 (19)
unc.gif
North Carolina (7-0) 461 (5)
denver.gif
Denver (4-1) 432 (0)
nd.gif
Notre Dame (3-1) 398 (0)
duke.gif
Duke (6-1) 394 (0)

The class rating doesn't mean much, not in lax, not with Syracuse.

Hate to say this but Evans just doesn't have the foot speed to be a middie and I like a couple of the second mids better. Hope he moves back down next year.

PhatOrange said:
The class rating doesn't mean much, not in lax, not with Syracuse. Hate to say this but Evans just doesn't have the foot speed to be a middie and I like a couple of the second mids better. Hope he moves back down next year.

Evans should move into Rice's spot.

JeremyCuse said:
Where did u hear that? Just curious
announcers mentioned it a couple of times in the second half.

announcers mentioned it a couple of times in the second half.
I think they did use a modifier, though--"probably" or "likely".

It does appear there are no minutes available for any freshmen, in any case.

Hate to say this but Evans just doesn't have the foot speed to be a middie and I like a couple of the second mids better. Hope he moves back down next year.

Did you notice who came in at attack when Staats tweaked his leg?

That answers that question right there.

Evans is the 4th attack, Gallasso is the 5th.

Agreed on the rating but there aren't any real difference makers in the freshman class.

Evans didn't seem to be moving anywhere when dodging up top. Hope he doesn't have that problem from behind.

i believe the word "unprecedented" was also tossed out there. Q and Carc said we're acting like a football program.

Did anyone notice that DeJoe and Desko where not dressed, Barber took his place on the man up!

Evans has to can that shot from the top of the box, I thought at that point in the game Cuse needed someone to step up, he needs to be a little tougher also, I guess more games means more confidence.

How about Cefferi! Great goal again, the lads playing well!

Nice to see Schoony back on the board!

I hate that #1 for the jays!

Did anyone notice that DeJoe and Desko where not dressed, Barber took his place on the man up!

Evans has to can that shot from the top of the box, I thought at that point in the game Cuse needed someone to step up, he needs to be a little tougher also, I guess more games means more confidence.

Dejoe was out with an illness, not sure about Desko.

cuseguy said:

Heard it during the ESPNU broadcast.

Not even sure they said probably or likely. Pretty sure they said they're red shirting the entire class.

I think Evans is hurt and playing less than 100%- no inside info here but I heard this as an observation from someone who watched almost every one of his high school games.

Heard it during the ESPNU broadcast.

Not even sure they said probably or likely. Pretty sure they said they're red shirting the entire class.
My impression from what they said: The whole class RedShirts unless something unexpected happens. He went on to say how Cuse will be creating these 23 yr old 5th year players. Also stated Cuse was quicker out the gate this year. Didn't mention it yesterday but in the past it was said the IPF is paying off here.

Personally I'm kicking myself for not opening up the camp the usual weekend to watch the 1st round playoffs in the Dome...but I figured I was bad luck getting to witness the Bryant and Army debacles the past few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom