GOT Megathread (Spoiler Free Edition) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

GOT Megathread (Spoiler Free Edition)

Question for readers of the Dunk & Egg short stories (set way before the events in the main books): Do they need to be read in order?

My wife took the kids to the library the other day and picked up the third one, but they didn't have the first two (or at least the librarian couldn't find them). I had the same experience at Barnes & Noble a while ago. Should I go ahead and read it or wait until I can go through them in the proper sequence?

I'm still amazed that the trilogy hasn't been re-packaged in an easy to buy format - GRRM is leaving money on the table. I did see something during a web search about the stories being re-released next year, but I've heard that before when waiting for the latest novel in paperback.

Question for readers of the Dunk & Egg short stories (set way before the events in the main books): Do they need to be read in order?

My wife took the kids to the library the other day and picked up the third one, but they didn't have the first two (or at least the librarian couldn't find them). I had the same experience at Barnes & Noble a while ago. Should I go ahead and read it or wait until I can go through them in the proper sequence?

I'm still amazed that the trilogy hasn't been re-packaged in an easy to buy format - GRRM is leaving money on the table. I did see something during a web search about the stories being re-released next year, but I've heard that before when waiting for the latest novel in paperback.
I'd read D&E in order - it'll come across as disjointed and nonsensical otherwise, not to mention spoilers...

If you need the trilogy you might look on kickass.to for an electronic version (both mobi and epub versions should be torrentable).

Thanks MCC. I'll just read the other (non-related) short stories in the book and save the GRRM one until I can get ahold of 1 & 2.

Thanks MCC. I'll just read the other (non-related) short stories in the book and save the GRRM one until I can get ahold of 1 & 2.
To add to your workload, there are now two additional prequel works - both focused on the events leading up to and during the Blackfyre rebellion. Lots of dragons and dragonfights and such. They can also be found via torrent.

not specifically GoT-related, but GRRM's editor just said 2015 was unlikely for The Winds of Winter :(

not specifically GoT-related, but GRRM's editor just said 2015 was unlikely for The Winds of Winter :(
250fbbb8f6be098b4f732bb3e919b15e1d7363ee1ec3adbeb938a560edfe8275.jpg

George+RR+Martin.png

Spoiler text for The Winds of Winter

Geroge confirmed at the SDCC that the Prologue will feature Robb Stark's widow Jeyne Westerling. This means that it will be focused on Casterly Rock for the first time in the books. Could be that we're getting an Edmure Prologue .

For those who have read all five books, click below for a few photos of them filming a pivotal scene a few days back from near the end of Book 5. Involving, gawd, how to say it without spoiling anything...a forced stroll a character takes? There is uhh slight partial nudity in the photos but nothing R rated.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-images-dubrovnik-filming-pivotal-scene/

BTW that site has a lot of great articles and photos and leaks and such from Season 5 filming the last couple months.

themole said:
For those who have read all five books, click below for a few photos of them filming a pivotal scene a few days back from near the end of Book 5. Involving, gawd, how to say it without spoiling anything...a forced stroll a character takes? There is uhh slight partial nudity in the photos but nothing R rated.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-images-dubrovnik-filming-pivotal-scene/

BTW that site has a lot of great articles and photos and leaks and such from Season 5 filming the last couple months.

I can't wait to see the Cersei Margery relationship play out.

I like the Tyrell's. They're like the Starks except not complete idiots.

I can't wait to see the Cersei Margery relationship play out.

I like the Tyrell's. They're like the Starks except not complete idiots.

Mace may be one of the more incompetent characters in the series, and his father, Luthor, was killed because he rode his own horse off of a cliff because he wasn't looking where he's going...

...But Lady Olenna may just make up for their stupidity. At least she got her daughter into a powerful position, though her cleavage probably had something to do with that, as well ;)

Mace may be one of the more incompetent characters in the series, and his father, Luthor, was killed because he rode his own horse off of a cliff because he wasn't looking where he's going...

...But Lady Olenna may just make up for their stupidity. At least she got her daughter into a powerful position, though her cleavage probably had something to do with that, as well ;)
I was gonna say that the recent Tyrell patriarchs haven't demonstrated much in the way of critical thinking. Too bad Garlan Tyrell isn't next in line - while his intellect may not be the equal of Olenna's he's no chump (one of the few who doesn't underestimate Tyrion), he's great with a sword and is capable of rallying thousands under his banner. Hope he gets more page time in the forthcoming tomes.

RE: Margery: when re-watching episodes I always toast "Lady Boobs-n-lisp".

Ok, I've made it through book 5 now. I've basically given up on tv because it's so different. What can we discuss here? Is there a spoiler addition. I want to get my Jon stark theories out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom