Gotta say | Syracusefan.com

Gotta say

HeaterCuse22

All Conference
Yes the game was meh and the gameplan sucked. But the only thing that sucks more is this board after a game that's close or a loss. Some of you guys and gals are some serious over reactors. Let's remember that some recruits and probably players parents post on here while we are bashing the kids. I know I know it's a board to complain and all but Jesus. We played. It didn't go great. We won. I'm happy we won. Hoping it's not a trend but the sun did come up today.

Go orange. I support the orange unlike the fans that left early and those bashing everything about them at this point. (The same ones who will be over the moon if we put it together next week).

I'm not gonna over react. I like the bye week and I like that we have CMU next versus anyone else on our schedule.

If you think our posters are bad, you should take a gander at the comments that are written after every single syracuse.com article. Pure vicious hatred. I love the internet, but that is the worst of it.

In defense to the board this reaction would happen at every single major college football program in the country after a performance like that so i'm not buying we should mind our manners because of parents and recruits. I'd be more worried if there wasn't a response because it would mean nobody cares.

A game like this deserves the response it is getting. There's no way in the world we should have to resort to a fake FG in double overtime against an FCS school to barely win a game, AT HOME. So if people want to vent, let them vent. This is one situation where, outside of insulting players, I think the fanbase has a right to vent as much as it wants to.

A performance like that against a team a division lower than us is not acceptable.

In defense to the board this reaction would happen at every single major college football program in the country after a performance like that so i'm not buying we should mind our manners because of parents and recruits. I'd be more worried if there wasn't a response because it would mean nobody cares.
This.

This board is at least constructive in our criticism. A lot of us have played football or at the very least watch a lot of it and understand the game. I'm not seeing much blind attacking, a lot of the criticisms come with reasonable football iq.

Yes the game was meh and the gameplan sucked. But the only thing that sucks more is this board after a game that's close or a loss. Some of you guys and gals are some serious over reactors. Let's remember that some recruits and probably players parents post on here while we are bashing the kids. I know I know it's a board to complain and all but Jesus. We played. It didn't go great. We won. I'm happy we won. Hoping it's not a trend but the sun did come up today.

Go orange. I support the orange unlike the fans that left early and those bashing everything about them at this point. (The same ones who will be over the moon if we put it together next week).
This is not the Syracusesycophants.com board.

You must have missed earlier this week when 95% of the board was projecting a 40+ point blowout and laughing at myself Lemoynecuse and others who were trying to argue that the game was going to be a lot closer then people thought due to Syracuse's various issues and Nova's QB. Its not hard to believe why people are so down/upset when most of them had the game over at half. (like Pitt is doing today to Delaware.)

longislandcuse said:
This. This board is at least constructive in our criticism. A lot of us have played football or at the very least watch a lot of it and understand the game. I'm not seeing much blind attacking, a lot of the criticisms come with reasonable football iq.

Totally disagree. The only thing worse than our performance on the field was this board, especially the game thread. We got tired of deleting posts. If people don't know how to use the English language to critique something or someone, then they aren't going to last long. Using words like loser, blows, sucks, etc., aren't going to be tolerated.

Totally disagree. The only thing worse than our performance on the field was this board, especially the game thread. We got tired of deleting posts. If people don't know how to use the English language to critique something or someone, then they aren't going to last long. Using words like loser, blows, sucks, etc., aren't going to be tolerated.
I didn't see much of the Gamethread so my opinion is just based on the reaction threads in which, I thought, posters broke down our issues with some actual knowledge and clarity. Of course, I don't see what you guys have to delete so maybe it's a lot worse than we see.

I didn't see much of the Gamethread so my opinion is just based on the reaction threads in which, I thought, posters broke down our issues with some actual knowledge and clarity. Of course, I don't see what you guys have to delete so maybe it's a lot worse than we see.

I've learned not to read the game thread :)

This.

This board is at least constructive in our criticism. A lot of us have played football or at the very least watch a lot of it and understand the game. I'm not seeing much blind attacking, a lot of the criticisms come with reasonable football iq.

I have watched a lot off planes fly but I'm not going to think I can fly one.

This is a great board and group of people. I just wish for all of you that things can stay in perspective. We all have much more important things in our lives than what any single game offers for discussion. Personally, it's more tragic that Orangeyes wasn't able to make the game than that we almost lost to Villanova. I'm more disappointed I wasn't able to join you at the game than in the failings of the team. I think it's wonderful that so many people were able to come together to celebrate Syracuse Football and the opportunity to be together for such a superb event. The team's performance was not what any of us had hoped for, but sometimes process is more important than result.

A few hundred people make the football program happen and make a positive and dynamic impact on central New York and many thousands of us around the country. The kids that play the game are really young and are a work in progress, personally and as a group. The wonderful thing is that most of them have the opportunity to attend a great university even though football for them is just the means for them and not likely to be a career. The efforts of a few hundred impact many thousands of others. It's very cool.

Lastly, I'd like to hope that we could honor Orangeyes by treating each other with respect. Sometimes the personal attacks here are over the top. Many of you are great analysts and understand the x's & o's better than most of us. I really appreciate your perspectives and don't blame you for being disappointed, but don't overlook the benefits of the community created by being fans of SU sports. It's a great good and more important than individual games, player performances, coaching, or prospects for the season. I still hope for a great year and look forward to what these kids and coaches can accomplish. Growth is a wonderful thing. One game doesn't make a season and prospects can change for the better. Go SU and war damn orangeyes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom