Great board meltdowns | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Great board meltdowns

The Cleveland State loss in 2008

That one always puzzled me. I was one of the few on here trying to say CSU was a good team. I was later vindicated by their conference tourney win at Butler and beating Wake in the NCAA's.

DePaul 06.

Good call. A 40 point loss to an under 500 team will do it for sure. I'm surprised there was still a board after that

For a game -- Paul Harris
For recruiting -- Julius Hodge. People are still upset about that even though it brought us Warrick, the block, and an NC.

I mean this was OK and all, but I wouldn't call it one of the greater meltdowns. Maybe some have lost perspective. I guess multiple seasons in the top ten will do that.

Does anyone have a favorite? Seton Hall in 2011? The Paul Harris brain fart against Pitt? UMASS? UMASS part 2?

Pretty much anytime we're not up double digits and haven't played 9 guys by the first half under 12 timeout.

That one always puzzled me. I was one of the few on here trying to say CSU was a good team. I was later vindicated by their conference tourney win at Butler and beating Wake in the NCAA's.

Funny thought: I'm pretty sure that was our last November loss until yesterday!

Easily Marrone to the bills
That was my personal favorite. Good times.

My other favorite meltdown was this one poster (Pat or something?) that would go ape in every game thread the first time the opponent hit a three and/or took the lead.

9/11. Yeah, it doesn't count but remember when some guy tried to post that we might get some lineman from Pennsylvania. I'll bet that guy never posted again.

I remember when we were up by 24 in UMASS II being glad that the Boeheim lynch mob would be silenced for a while. When they came back for an improbable win, I didn't look at the board for about a week.

Last edited:
Funny thought: I'm pretty sure that was our last November loss until yesterday!

That game was 12/15/08. Last November loss was to Ohio St. on 11/21/07

non-selection for the 2007 NCAA tournament?
That was a chatroom. As was Tobias Harris. Both were very bad. Not sure about Noel. I was at the Pitt and Vermont games so can't speak for them. I don't remember the chatroom for Butler. That was just a bad game. Marquette definitely a big meltdown because of the way it ended.

That was a chatroom. As was Tobias Harris. Both were very bad. Not sure about Noel. I was at the Pitt and Vermont games so can't speak for them. I don't remember the chatroom for Butler. That was just a bad game. Marquette definitely a big meltdown because of the way it ended.

I thought Harris to Tenn was well accepted ahead of time...but I was part of the payside nobility.

The louisville one there were people on here suggesting Devo was throwing the game.

How do you dribble the ball off your leg 2 consecutive possessions? Devo was flatout terrible for the last 8 minutes of that game.

I can only imagine the meltdowns that would have occurred on SU boards for Kenny Anderson, Stephon Marbury(maybe I do remember it being on an old board), Sam Perkins, Donyell Marshall etc announcements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom