Great new AWIII article from Waters | Syracusefan.com

Great new AWIII article from Waters

asj410

Starter
Just read this article on AWIII that Mike just posted. Gives some really great insight into the whole recruiting and decision-making process that White went through over the summer. It also seems to put to rest some of the rumors that were running rampant around here on what was going on before AW finally made his decision. And it really sounds like Gbinije helped seal the deal for us with the conversations he had with AW and really being able to relate to each other. Here's hoping AW has a hell of a final collegiate year like G did and goes out with a bang!

How Andrew White chose Syracuse from 55 schools (calls from Rio, Izzo, Gbinije)

Just read this article on AWIII that Mike just posted. Gives some really great insight into the whole recruiting and decision-making process that White went through over the summer. It also seems to put to rest some of the rumors that were running rampant around here on what was going on before AW finally made his decision. And it really sounds like Gbinije helped seal the deal for us with the conversations he had with AW and really being able to relate to each other. Here's hoping AW has a hell of a final collegiate year like G did and goes out with a bang!

"Gbinije makes 1st contact"

Love G!

There was one misquote in the article. I noticed they left out the bolded part of this quote.

"Every time I told him 'Coach, I've got another visit, just work with me,' he'd say 'You go have fun. We know this is the place for you. You do what you've got to do. We'll catch up with you. Anyway, it'll be fun to watch those diehards over at syracusefan.com go crazy for a couple months wondering what the heck is going on. Maybe we can help set a record for number of posts in a thread."

This is one of the 1 Billion reasons why JB is a great coach.

There was one misquote in the article. I noticed they left out the bolded part of this quote.

"Every time I told him 'Coach, I've got another visit, just work with me,' he'd say 'You go have fun. We know this is the place for you. You do what you've got to do. We'll catch up with you. Anyway, it'll be fun to watch those diehards over at syracusefan.com go crazy for a couple months wondering what the heck is going on. Maybe we can help set a record for number of posts in a thread."
According to the article, he was trying so hard to keep free of distractions. If he had discovered our thread and how bat sh** crazy we are, he may have run screaming to Michigan State and begged Izzo to take him back. He doesn't strike me as the kind of man who enjoys drama, even though he inadvertently caused so much of it!

According to the article, he was trying so hard to keep free of distractions. If he had discovered our thread and how bat sh** crazy we are, he may have run screaming to Michigan State and begged Izzo to take him back. He doesn't strike me as the kind of man who enjoys drama, even though he inadvertently caused so much of it!

I'm waiting for some bored Soap writer to use this forum as inspiration for the next great HBO series. It sounds like there's enough material to devote an entire season strictly to the travels and exploits of CuseTroop. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom