Great pic of Archbold Stadium | Syracusefan.com

Great pic of Archbold Stadium

I'd love to see some extra space added to the west of the Dome, heck there's room to park a Semi there. The front of the extension would look like the Archbold arch.

image.jpg

I love the Dome and have many great memories of going there first with my dad and now with my sons. That being said, seeing this picture of Archbold makes me nostalgic. My first SU game was Archbold's last in'78.

Nostalgic, maybe. But Archbold was beyond need of replacing. Remember sitting on concrete as cold rain cascaded down the stands?

How come the nostalgic archictectural stadium design never took hold in football like it did in Baseball?? Seeing a modern archbold (with a roof) would be pretty cool.

That being said, with all the clean modern lines of the training complex, i doubt the school goes in that direction, if they do get a replacement going. Even if the architectural details, made it in the design, you better beleive the arch and brick masonry would be value engineered out come construction time lol

I'd love to see some extra space added to the west of the Dome, heck there's room to park a Semi there. The front of the extension would look like the Archbold arch.

View attachment 31918
If an addition is ever added to the western side of the Dome, it would be fantastic if it included the features of the famous great arch with the castle style turrets from old Archbold.