Greg Bird to miss 2016 season. | Syracusefan.com

Greg Bird to miss 2016 season.

I'm so angry I tried google image searching for an animated gif of somebody swearing and couldn't find a suitable one.

Terrific news along with the football news about Reece! The entire Schitt family is being heard from today.Who is left to play first? Refsnyder? McCann with Sanchez given the bulk of the plate duties A-Rod? or is there another farmed down there who might be given a chance? Of course there isn't a real problem if Twx can glue himself up for half a season's play.

I think the plan already was for Ackley to play a lot of 1B.
Another option is to play Beltran at first and shift Hicks or Refsnyder to right field against LHP.

or Refsnyder to right field against LHP.
I'm skeptical about Refsnyder starting the season in New York. I think they'll go with a faster, more versatile, and better defensive option.

Even McCann could shift over, paving the way for Sanchez to get some time in behind the plate. It sucks no doubt as I would have liked Bird to have a solid AAA season before taking over for Tex next year

speaking of mets...ike davis is available.

i drank him out of the City once, i can do it again.
Justin Turner was a one man wrecking ball in the city/LIC and Long Beach. That team was an odd group of guys. Turner rehabbed from injuries in a non-traditional manner similar to the Mick. A common friend stated he has his life back together in LA and it's a direct correlation to how well he's playing.

Justin Turner was a one man wrecking ball in the city/LIC and Long Beach. That team was an odd group of guys. Turner rehabbed from injuries in a non-traditional manner similar to the Mick. A common friend stated he has his life back together in LA and it's a direct correlation to how well he's playing.
yep. Justin Turner was his running mate. those 2 used to blow into the bar i always hung out at...very late, already loaded...and we'd just send them shots till close.

cant tell you the # of times they had a 1pmer the next day and we just knew Ike was going 0-4, Justin wasnt an everyday guy, but he got a lot of time.

dont hang out in a Yankee bar fellas...

the one year Justin got hurt, helped Ike break out of his slump as he no one to drink with till 4.

dont hang out in a Yankee bar fellas...
My other favorite NY ballplayer couple was Cano and Cabrera owning Harlem and Flashdancers when I first moved to the city. Cabrera got traded for that exact reason because his influence on Cano. No one can persuade me otherwise. Zero surpsie they didn't resign Cano even though he played better with Melky away.

The Yankees today are boring now besides Pineda being lazy and loving food way too much. I never see any of those guys out. The Mets players now all live in a mini family baseball village in LIC and Flushing with other teammates... besides Harvey whom like a true batman we only see in the shadows of seedy East Village.

My other favorite NY ballplayer couple was Cano and Cabrera owning Harlem and Flashdancers when I first moved to the city. Cabrera got traded for that exact reason because his influence on Cano. No one can persuade me otherwise. Zero surpsie they didn't resign Cano even though he played better with Melky away.

The Yankees today are boring now besides Pineda being lazy and loving food way too much. I never see any of those guys out. The Mets players now all live in a mini family baseball village in LIC and Flushing with other teammates... besides Harvey whom like a true batman we only see in the shadows of seedy East Village.
wright still lives on 1st & 66th, or at least i imagine he does, hes got a sweet place there.

in the late 90s-early 00s the UpperEast Side was a smorgasbord of Yankees, it was impossible to miss them.

Clemens, Cone, Jeter, Posada, Wells, Leyritz, Spencer, Knoblauch...off the top of my head were all very prevailent.

theres plaques in Tony's DiNapoli saying Posada's table after the WS in 99, Clemens table after the WS in 00 etc...

depending on the day of the week...you would see them early 10-1 (sunday-wed) or late 12-4 (thur-sat)

used to play pool at American Trash with Leyritz, verses Wells & John Cusack (who also lived up there and was a very good pool player)

cant believe that era of my life is coming up on 20 years ago...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom