GT's offense uh oh | Syracusefan.com

GT's offense uh oh

Millhouse

Living Legend
they're 4th in the country in yards per play vs p5

after last year, i think maybe we have 3 games to win 3

i don't like going into games praying for fumbles but that's where we're at. they've lost 4 in 5 p5 games

Whooops we don't play GT WHEW i'm laughing at myself now, i can't get used to this ACC stuff, leaving this up for mockery

i don't like going into games praying for fumbles but that's where we're at. they've lost 4 in 5 p5 games

Whooops we don't play GT WHEW i'm laughing at myself now, i can't get used to this ACC stuff, leaving this up for mockery
No mockery . It's interesting that a running team is 4th in the country in YPP. It's counterintuitive , but these defenses are built with fast , light players to stop the modern offenses, so a team that is old school running ball control game can push them around and might be more effective .

well - let's pray that Pitt gives SU the same 5 fumbles in the first quarter that they gave GT - that should translate into a 9-0 lead for SU heading into the 2nd quarter (assuming the kicker is 'on' that day)

No mockery . It's interesting that a running team is 4th in the country in YPP. It's counterintuitive , but these defenses are built with fast , light players to stop the modern offenses, so a team that is old school running ball control game can push them around and might be more effective .

when they do throw, they throw for 1000 yards per att

they have 7 more passing TD than us on less than half the attempts

when they do throw, they throw for 1000 yards per att

they have 7 more passing TD than us on less than half the attempts
Sure , you have to dedicate a lot of resources to stop an effective ground game. When the OC sees everyone leaning into the line of scrimmage , he calls a hitch and makes them pay.

Not surprising. Next year, you'll be giving us stats on the Georgia Bulldogs, when we're really playing LSU. There's a transitional property equation in here somewhere containing G=Gay=You.

You're good sport. :cool:

I was thinking you were trying to find a way we still get to the ACC championship game..

Yah i was wondering if the schedule was changed lol. And it's a good thing it wasn't ... as they rolled Pitt.

Regardless of how they do it, one has to be impressed with the Yellow Jackets' ability to run the ball in today's college game.

I for one really enjoy option/veer football.

It to me is the essence of the game - running the ball.

Regardless of how they do it, one has to be impressed with the Yellow Jackets' ability to run the ball in today's college game.

I for one really enjoy option/veer football.

It to me is the essence of the game - running the ball.
when your offense is too unique, you spend all your time practicing against an offense that's too unique

they're 122nd in defensive yards per play yikes

i spend way too much time thinking about it. how do you run a great unique offense without killing your defense

when your offense is too unique, you spend all your time practicing against an offense that's too unique

they're 122nd in defensive yards per play yikes

i spend way too much time thinking about it. how do you run a great unique offense without killing your defense

Right, like the situation with Mike Leach's Air Raid offense.

So, I guess you now agree with Pasqualoni and DeLeone?

200 yards of rushing offense and 200 yards of passing offense per game?

Cool!

Right, like the situation with Mike Leach's Air Raid offense.

So, I guess you now agree with Pasqualoni and DeLeone?

200 yards of rushing offense and 200 yards of passing offense per game?

Cool!

Since it's 2014, we need to change that to 250 and 250 (maybe even 300 and 300 the way some of these teams roll), but yes, I'm all for balance as long as we do everything fast.

I'm all for first downs and touchdowns.

OrangePA said:
Right, like the situation with Mike Leach's Air Raid offense. So, I guess you now agree with Pasqualoni and DeLeone? 200 yards of rushing offense and 200 yards of passing offense per game? Cool!
Uh I wasn't talking about yard balance

Chip said:
Since it's 2014, we need to change that to 250 and 250 (maybe even 300 and 300 the way some of these teams roll), but yes, I'm all for balance as long as we do everything fast.
3 to 2 passing

Uh I wasn't talking about yard balance

Oh.

Sorry.

I guess I was responding to this part of your post: "when your offense is too unique, you spend all your time practicing against an offense that's too unique."

My thought was that P and D sought a balance approach and in so doing allowed the SU defense to practice against a balanced approach or an offense that was not "too unique."

Oh.

Sorry.

I guess I was responding to this part of your post: "when your offense is too unique, you spend all your time practicing against an offense that's too unique."

My thought was that P and D sought a balance approach and in so doing allowed the SU defense to practice against a balanced approach or an offense that was not "too unique."
i'm all for being able to run and throw. i don't think it's a good idea to be thinking about yardage equality going into any game. you get more yards per pass than run so if your yards are balanced, your play calls aren't

i think of the patriots beating the bills in so many different ways but rarely being balanced in any one game. in the long run, i expect runs and passes attempted to be somewhat balanced but i don't really care game to game as long as the yards are there

baylor runs 55% of the time but their yards are 60% through the air. they would need to run 2/3 of the time to have balanced yards.

Oh.

Sorry.

Our offense wasn't the only thing 'Multiple' back then.

Could be a deceptive statistic:
1 - How many plays are they running? I doubt it's an uptempo offense, so they'll have a lower denominator.
2 - Their lack of passing will eliminate a bunch of zero gains from incompletions that other teams accumulate.
3 - Apparently they have enough medium-long runs to counter other teams bigger gains from long pass plays, on average.

Could be a deceptive statistic:
1 - How many plays are they running? I doubt it's an uptempo offense, so they'll have a lower denominator.
2 - Their lack of passing will eliminate a bunch of zero gains from incompletions that other teams accumulate.
3 - Apparently they have enough medium-long runs to counter other teams bigger gains from long pass plays, on average.
the whole point of yards per play is to compare offenses with different tempos.

generally, passes have higher yards per than runs despite incompletions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom