Guilty Pleasures Favorite Songs From 2000-2013 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Guilty Pleasures Favorite Songs From 2000-2013

Here's a Dylan song from the 70s (Rock Me Mama, posted it in that thread) that he didn't write verse lyrics for. In the 2000s, Old Crow Medicine Show did...

[song: Wagon Wheel]

edit: I just realized Moqui posted this earlier. He didn't tag it so I'll leave it up for now.

Aw man, 1-5-6-4, a fiddle in the music and a wagon wheel in the lyrics. After a week long blues workshop, thanks man, I needed that. :)

Love this song! Calvin Harris "thinking about you"
sdfgasfasd.jpg

Sturgill Simpson, the most interesting new voice in country music this decade
[song: Turtles All The Way Down}

Leroy Virgil with his band Hellbound Glory, another exciting young country voice
[song: Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound]

Another of the new breed of country singers - real, old outlaw country in the mode of Waylon Jennings. None of these three get much mainstream radio play because they don't perform in the sub-literate "bro country" realm of Kenny Chesney, et al, but they are among the best the genre has to offer this decade.

Whitey Morgan and the 78s
[song: Bad News]

Jason Isbell, ex of the Drive By Truckers, has been around for a while but is another great, young voice of contemporary country who is also ignored by mainstream country radio.
[song: Traveling Alone]

Left Lane Cruiser . . . not really sure how to categorize these guys. They are roots rockers with a proto-punk sound. It's amazing the amount of sound they get out of just two instruments.
[song: Hillgrass Bluebilly]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom