Gulati just gave the 2026 WC to Mexico or Canada | Syracusefan.com

Gulati just gave the 2026 WC to Mexico or Canada

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...soccer-fifa-president-sepp-blatter-prince-ali

I hate Sepp Blatter but you don't run some nobody against him and not expect pay back. Blatter should lose but he already has the votes for reelection in a bag and the USA nominated this guy from Jordan.

Now when they vote for WC 2026 this ahole Blatter will retaliate and what was a slam dunk for the USA will now likely go to either Canada or Mexico.

Joy... 3 more world cups not in the U.S. If FIFA had any true business sense they would start realizing what a cash cow they are avoiding to recognize over pure politics.

Joy... 3 more world cups not in the U.S. If FIFA had any true business sense they would start realizing what a cash cow they are avoiding to recognize over pure politics.
If Gutali wasn't a moron I think we would be a lock for 2026. Blatter voted for USA over Qatar for 2022 but this act is so dumb.

We all know Blatter sucks but he has this election won. Sponsoring Prince Ali is dumb and basically pisses off Blatter. This is something for the FA to do as England hates this guy more. Gutali hopefully did this with Blatter's approval. We were a lock for 2026.

I have no interest in hosting WC or Olympics. Cost too much money for the host cities and cause way too many security concerns. Will be cool to have it in our time zone once again but aside from that I have no issues traveling North to attend if I feel so inclined. Security shouldn't be an issue for Canada since most other countries eithe like, or are indifferent to them.

I have no interest in hosting WC or Olympics. Cost too much money for the host cities and cause way too many security concerns. Will be cool to have it in our time zone once again but aside from that I have no issues traveling North to attend if I feel so inclined. Security shouldn't be an issue for Canada since most other countries eithe like, or are indifferent to them.
The high costs typically come from having to build new soccer stadiums and the overspendage on those stadiums. The USA would lose money to host an Olympics but I think since we have all the stadiums built it wouldn't be that expensive for the USA bid.

Security would be the main cost.

I do agree relative to the security cost for sure. With that said I think it could be the final piece of the puzzle to get us over the hump in being a higher tier league in the world. Of course the youth levels and structure that has come so far is still key and needs to continue to grow but the future money generated by the explosion of interest from the WC could be that final piece. 2026 is a decade out and a couple more good US showings and continuous MLS growth paired with the spectacle having it here would be monstrous.

I have always watched MLS alongside the EPL games but never can honestly say I was amped for the MLS season aside from a few big matchups. This year is going to be a lot of fun with all the bigger names that have come over.. seeing USMNT players team up in Toronto and just the overall quality improvement end to end.

The high costs typically come from having to build new soccer stadiums and the overspendage on those stadiums. The USA would lose money to host an Olympics but I think since we have all the stadiums built it wouldn't be that expensive for the USA bid.

Security would be the main cost.

There's always requisite build up required aside from the stadia. Even if they hosted in NFL venues NFL cities deal with a weekend build up 8 times a year. Housing, public transit, security etc need to be build up big time to accomodate many more people for a much larger time frame.

Networks and big corporations would make a ton of money but local municipalities and therefore tax payers generally lose their a $ $ on things like this.

I do agree relative to the security cost for sure. With that said I think it could be the final piece of the puzzle to get us over the hump in being a higher tier league in the world. Of course the youth levels and structure that has come so far is still key and needs to continue to grow but the future money generated by the explosion of interest from the WC could be that final piece. 2026 is a decade out and a couple more good US showings and continuous MLS growth paired with the spectacle having it here would be monstrous.

I have always watched MLS alongside the EPL games but never can honestly say I was amped for the MLS season aside from a few big matchups. This year is going to be a lot of fun with all the bigger names that have come over.. seeing USMNT players team up in Toronto and just the overall quality improvement end to end.

For the sport, I 100% agree it would be great and as a fan I'd love to attend. As a tax paying citizen though not as much.

We've got too many issues as a country to take on such a luxury. Local municipalities can't afford any additional financial strain, national security is spotty at best for the forseeable future, and there's that immigration issue. How many folks do you think would come for the World Cup and decide they weren't going home? I'm going big picture with this vs what my fan hood would prefer.

For the sport, I 100% agree it would be great and as a fan I'd love to attend. As a tax paying citizen though not as much.

We've got too many issues as a country to take on such a luxury. Local municipalities can't afford any additional financial strain, national security is spotty at best for the forseeable future, and there's that immigration issue. How many folks do you think would come for the World Cup and decide they weren't going home? I'm going big picture with this vs what my fan hood would prefer.

I hear you on the political instability. Especially working in DC. It is at an all time high in this country and certainly has no short term turn around in sight. On that same note I even question some of the efforts to build stadiums and put USL Pro Teams in smaller cities who I would think can ill afford to spend the money to build a stadium for a 2nd tier professional team.

I hear you on the political instability. Especially working in DC. It is at an all time high in this country and certainly has no short term turn around in sight. On that same note I even question some of the efforts to build stadiums and put USL Pro Teams in smaller cities who I would think can ill afford to spend the money to build a stadium for a 2nd tier professional team.

Even the bigger cities, as stated prior, don't have the infrastructure to accomodate such a large influx of people for prolonged periods. The world stage and US economy looks a lot different in 1994 when we hosted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom