Guns n Roses | Syracusefan.com

Guns n Roses

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Saw them this past Saturday and holy hell they still got it.

When I heard they were playing here in Vegas I knew I had to see them play live, Axl and Slash on the stage together, come on... I called an ex-girlfriend (well, after the weekend once again girlfriend) from Syracuse and let her know they were playing and she should come, she totally agreed and booked a flight. I started looking at tickets online and bam, shell shocked, I wanted to get up close but the general admission tickets were over $1,000 apiece and just couldn't justify paying that much for a couple of hours. I ended up buying nosebleed tickets for $300 each. Well, about two weeks before the show I received an email from Mlife (which is MGM) with a ticket/hotel package for the show for $800 dollars which included 2 nights at the Excalibur (ehhh) and 2 general admission tickets. I read it over twice, called once to make sure it was legit, just seemed out of this world that I could get the tickets that I wanted for so cheap. I ended up booking the room/ticket package and put the other two tickets on stubhub (which I broke even) and cancelled the hotel I already had in place.

oYe9wXc.jpg

When we get to the arena we see the line for GA and it was really long, we wait in line and get to the ticket scanner and the tickets from MGM weren't working, I was furious and probably took it out on the manager more than I should have, after about 10 minutes of waiting in the lobby he explained to us that we were in the wrong line and had to walk to the side of the building and enter through there. The GF and I walk to the side and next thing we know we are walking right up to the front of the stage and that's when we knew we were in for an amazing night.

mfkQhzf.jpg

After waiting for awhile Alice in Chains hits the stage (they were damn good, the new(er) lead singer did an amazing job) for about 45 minutes, but at this point I'm just so pumped for GnR to come out. When they completed their set and about 30 minutes later GnR comes out, Axl broke his foot a few days before, it was dicey in my mind whether it would be a good show or not but they were amazing. Axl did his thing and sounded better than he has in a long time, maybe sitting on the throne really helped him out, Slash was Slash and amazing, and Duff was as good as ever. They played 23 songs, all of them sounded great. While it may not have been the highlight of the show out of nowhere Sebastian Bach of Skid Row comes out and sings Oh Michelle with them, before and after the song Bach sounded like a school girl with the excitement to see the band back together. If you want to see the whole interaction search Sebastian Bach/Guns n Roses and I'm sure it will be one of the first vids to pop up, below is the video the GF took. I took so many pictures and videos of the show that I'm still sifting through them.

I've been to many many many concerts in my life but this was by far the best one I've ever seen, the energy from the crowd, the energy from the band, the amazing venue, just amazing. if you're a fan of GnR and you have an opportunity to see them I highly suggest you check them out, they're playing in most major cities this summer and I can honestly say that if I knew it was this amazing and did it all over again I probably would have paid $1,000 each for the GA tickets, being so close to the action really added to it, I don't think we would have had as good of a time in the seats far away. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the GF, move back to Syracuse (sigh), or stick with it long distance until I can get transferred to Florida where she says she'll move with me.

5odijV7.jpg

qWh4wa5.jpg

1Wv1CVf.jpg

Needs more pics of the gf imo

Hahahaha, we had a blast here. Just bought a house so it's going to be a lot of back and forth from here to Cuse until we figure out where we end up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom