Gus Edwards is legit | Syracusefan.com

Gus Edwards is legit

Would have only had him for a year, he will waste it at Rutgers.

It is harder for our run blocking to be this consistently bad than it is for it sometimes be occasionally good.

To be fair, though he is looking good, how would he look with our run blocking OL?
rutgers run blocking looked decent good against a top 10 team. they were able to open holes. was a pretty competitive game until the early 4th quarter. seems like rutgers made a significant jump from last year

He passes the look test for sure. However I don't get too excited about 24 rushes for 79 yards. I will say that Rutgers had a more purposeful run game with a lot of o line movement. Washington also looked terrible.

Edwards would have given us abig lift at running back. Once that fell through, I was concerned about our running attack.

rutgers run blocking looked decent good against a top 10 team. they were able to open holes. was a pretty competitive game until the early 4th quarter. seems like rutgers made a significant jump from last year

It's funny how complimentary you are of buttgers performance yesterday while criticizing Syracuse. Buttgers had 300 yards of total offense yesterday. Yawn.

You watched their whole game and love them, we get it. I didn't even know they were playing yesterday.

It's funny how complimentary you are of buttgers performance yesterday while criticizing Syracuse. Buttgers had 300 yards of total offense yesterday. Yawn.

You watched their whole game and love them, we get it. I didn't even know they were playing yesterday.
i watched the su game til half. rutgers was better game to watch. number 8 washington???
do you also get that my son and i split 4 mid price range season tics for syracuse????do you also get the arrogance of many su fans towards rutgers is unfounded and juvenile?? to bad if you are insulted. what exactly after all the preseason bravado did we see yesterday??
i react to the constant overestimation of our prowess while we criticize others. we need to put up first and temper our criticisms. until we do that, we are just a lot of hot air.

Edwards would have given us abig lift at running back. Once that fell through, I was concerned about our running attack.
I don't think so.....SU O-line is horrendous! No back will look good until that line is replaced.

i watched the su game til half. rutgers was better game to watch. number 8 washington???
do you also get that my son and i split 4 mid price range season tics for syracuse????do you also get the arrogance of many su fans towards rutgers is unfounded and juvenile?? to bad if you are insulted. what exactly after all the preseason bravado did we see yesterday??
i react to the constant overestimation of our prowess while we criticize others. we need to put up first and temper our criticisms. until we do that, we are just a lot of hot air.

No. You seem to base your entire Rutgers opinion on the last 4 years of the Big East.

We are better, right now. Were better last year. The stats back that up.

Man, this "our OL sucks" meme is solidifying awfully quick. One game ppl. We played at a slower tempo, ran a lite version of our O.

People who think the 2nd Q is indicative of anything don't understand Dino. Gas off petal. Scrimmage-mode.

Man, this "our OL sucks" meme is solidifying awfully quick. One game ppl. We played at a slower tempo, ran a lite version of our O.

People who think the 2nd Q is indicative of anything don't understand Dino. Gas off petal. Scrimmage-mode.

Exactly. It's one game against a cream puff. As long as we come out of it doing what we're supposed to (win by a lot) and keep everyone healthy then I'm happy. Biggest concern for me is Cordy's injury.

Game was a glorified scrimmage.

What preseason bravado? There hasn't been any news or any reports of anything.

Yesterday was a very nice scrimmage to get the kinks out that's what these games are for. I saw a defense that looked a hell of a lot faster and a hell of a lot bigger and hardly any missed tackles. I'm not exactly going to criticize an offense that put up nearly 600 yards. No false start penalties, no holding, seem to be cleaning that up from last year. Oline playing their first meaningful snaps ever, breaking in a new center.

I think Dungey left a lot on the field as he under threw three or four deep balls where it's at TD if you put it in front of the guy.

All and all it played out just as I expected the spread was 46 and we out scored them by 43. A lot of work to do yet.

I agree. Remember Villanova two years ago. It was definitely much better than that performance. It was the first game folks, relax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom