H.O.R.S.E? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

H.O.R.S.E?

Don't put this on Steph. The move to the 3 point line started long before he even got out of high school himself.

When I was a kid, we would take foul shots to figure out teams for pickup ball. When I moved to Vermont, the 3 line became the shot to determine if you played or sat. So I worked on that shot, and can say I'm a decent 3point shooter when my shoulder isn't acting up too badly. It's all about focus and practice. Now everyone shoots the 3. It used to be reserved for the guards and small forwards, but PG to C, everyone 'chucks' it up there as you say.

Hate it! I'm great from 15-18 feet. 19 plus has always seemed too far. My mechanics aren't as good.

Hate it! I'm great from 15-18 feet. 19 plus has always seemed too far. My mechanics aren't as good.

It's funny because I know a bunch of guys who miss badly when they take a step in from the line but make 3s like they are layups. All muscle memory I guess.

I miss the days of 12 footers off the glass. I still aim for the backboard from the wing. It's ingrained, I guess.