JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
dj.jpg
dj2.jpg
You are Missed my Friend!

JarHeadJim said:
His Daughter Kelly just posted this on Facebook:(

Great pictures.

Dan and I were the first ones off Liverpool Golf Course just about every Saturday morning from April to November

I still tee off first there most Saturdays, as I did today. Miss him a lot, but when I think about him, or see pictures like these,it always makes me smile. The man was so passionate, so enthusiastic, it was unbelievable.

He loved life like no one else I have ever known. His positive attitude was infectious. Loved being around him because of it.

His favorite saying might have been 'all you can eat baby!'. This never referred to eating though. When he said it, he was talking about life. We might've just finished playing 18 holes, and he wanted to play more. That sort of thing.

I shot an 89 today. Made pars on 3 of the last 4 holes to do it. In my mind, he matched my finish to beat me by a stroke. Can't tell you how many times that happened. Dan was a great competitor and had was uncanny at coming through like that in the clutch.

Dan Johnson may not be here anymore but he will never be forgotten. Happy birthday buddy, wherever you are!

I only met Dan twice, but to echo the above sentiments, I felt as if I'd known him forever. We spent an entire tailgate talking about SU FB and its great players and history. A great time with a great man. Happy Birthday, Dan!

My daughter's AAU practices are out in Camillus, so I drive past Dan's old neighborhood at least once a week. I miss stopping in for one of our 'milk box ticket exchanges' and chatting about all things SU. Every time I'm out that way I think about him. Happy Birthday, Dan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom