Class of 2016 - Harbaugh | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Harbaugh

javadoc

All American
Guys, I love it.

Say what you will, the man is a good and successful coach, at both the college and NFL levels. He has a history with Shafer. He's not a scumbag.

We are in a lot of recruiting battles with Michigan all of a sudden. Let me say that again: we are in a lot of recruiting battles with Michigan. The excellent coach of Michigan, thinks that our evaluations of prospects is spot-on. We have a "personal" connection to the coach of Michigan - i.e. one of the two premier programs in the Big 10.

I relish such battles. Harbaugh is bestowing legitimacy on our staff and recruiting. And you know that every diamond in the rough we discover, on defense, Harbaugh thinks, "Damn, freaking Shafer and Bullough, there goes another one."

We should really play Michigan while these two guys are on staff. Really really. This is what college football is all about.

cool-story-broo-tell-it-again-and-ill-stick-my-foot-up-your-ass.jpg

javadoc said:
Guys, I love it. Say what you will, the man is a good and successful coach, at both the college and NFL levels. He has a history with Shafer. He's not a scumbag. We are in a lot of recruiting battles with Michigan all of a sudden. Let me say that again: we are in a lot of recruiting battles with Michigan. The excellent coach of Michigan, thinks that our evaluations of prospects is spot-on. We have a "personal" connection to the coach of Michigan - i.e. one of the two premier programs in the Big 10. I relish such battles. Harbaugh is bestowing legitimacy on our staff and recruiting. And you know that every diamond in the rough we discover, on defense, Harbaugh thinks, "Damn, freaking Shafer and Bullough, there goes another one." We should really play Michigan while these two guys are on staff. Really really. This is what college football is all about.

I've been told that it's laughable and it's only a coincidence that we are all over the same kids.

javadoc said:
Guys, I love it. Say what you will, the man is a good and successful coach, at both the college and NFL levels. He has a history with Shafer. He's not a scumbag. We are in a lot of recruiting battles with Michigan all of a sudden. Let me say that again: we are in a lot of recruiting battles with Michigan. The excellent coach of Michigan, thinks that our evaluations of prospects is spot-on. We have a "personal" connection to the coach of Michigan - i.e. one of the two premier programs in the Big 10. I relish such battles. Harbaugh is bestowing legitimacy on our staff and recruiting. And you know that every diamond in the rough we discover, on defense, Harbaugh thinks, "Damn, freaking Shafer and Bullough, there goes another one." We should really play Michigan while these two guys are on staff. Really really. This is what college football is all about.
I think this is more coincidence. Does Harbaugh have a copy of our targeted players list?

You guys realize Michigan has a top 10 recruiting class, and about ten 4 stars right?
Interesting as I made a post about that two weeks ago about that and how they had mainly 3(6) star kids and less. They 7 now on the old site and i think they had only 2-3 then and even their own site started to question Harbaugh's lack of star power in the commits.

Have they upgraded them since? I really don't know,but I did a count on them back then and if I remember w/o digging up my post i think I had 6 -3 star 2-2 star and 2 nr. when I made it

Imho it is that Michigan is making more of a commitment of recruiting NJ this year and they have this nice, new shiny object to lure kids to the program... an NFL coach by the name of Harbaugh. The bloom will probably be off the rose by next year.

My guess is that, since Shafer worked for Harbaugh at Stanford, they probably ended up developing similar opinions as to what constitutes a good player.
I think this probably explains a lot of why we end up going after the same kids. Obviously, Michigan is Michigan and they're going go after talented kids, so I don't think Harbaugh is following Shafer around offering the same kids. But as you say, they came from the same system, and no doubt look for the same things in their players.

Imho it is that Michigan is making more of a commitment of recruiting NJ this year and they have this nice, new shiny object to lure kids to the program... an NFL coach by the name of Harbaugh. The bloom will probably be off the rose by next year.
Harbaugh just made the list of most hated coaches in sports and I think it was for all sports

I think this probably explains a lot of why we end up going after the same kids. Obviously, Michigan is Michigan and they're going go after talented kids, so I don't think Harbaugh is following Shafer around offering the same kids. But as you say, they came from the same system, and no doubt look for the same things in their players.
You would think he would listen to his advice of his D.C. over a former assistant of his.

Good, now we can spin this and say Harbaugh respects Shafer's recruits over the advice of his CURRENT D.C.

Not dirty is this?

Send out the twitter army stating so."Harbaugh loves Shafer's recruits over his own D.C."Play defense for Shafer he is just a better coach

Interesting as I made a post about that two weeks ago about that and how they had mainly 3(6) star kids and less. They 7 now on the old site and i think they had only 2-3 then and even their own site started to question Harbaugh's lack of star power in the commits.

Have they upgraded them since? I really don't know,but I did a count on them back then and if I remember w/o digging up my post i think I had 6 -3 star 2-2 star and 2 nr. when I made it
I remember that post. Interesting how several of them became 4 star recruits AFTER committing to Michigan...

I remember that post. Interesting how several of them became 4 star recruits AFTER committing to Michigan...

Not really though they just picked up 4 top 250 kids in that past 10 days alone.

Not if they're winning. People can say what they want about Hardbaugh, he's a great coach.

I think we will just have to wait and see how he does this year.

Playing Michigan is the LAST thing we should be doing.

No more elite P5 OOC games please

Michigan is going to mop up the floor with us recruiting-wise in a few years. We won't even be going after the same guys anymore.

anomander said:
Not really though they just picked up 4 top 250 kids in that past 10 days alone. Not if they're winning. People can say what they want about Hardbaugh, he's a great coach.

He is. But I think he also self-destructs eventually.

Should be fun to watch. I'd enjoy it more if they weren't all over the same kids.

BKCuse said:
Playing Michigan is the LAST thing we should be doing. No more elite P5 OOC games please

Elite? Not recently.

007 said:
[*] [*] [*] [*] [*]This is a list of Michigans commits for 2016 from . . . http://michigan.No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits [*] [*]Their class is currently ranked #7. They have 8 4 stars, and 11 stars. Off the top of my head, we overlapped on Johnson and McKeon from this list, and only really had a shot at McKeon. Yup, we beat them for Pickard last year. Everybody in the country offered Washington. [*] [*]I WISH we "all over the same kids" as Michigan. And, it is laughable to think that Harbaugh uses, or needs to use, SS to identify talent. [*] [*] [*]Ben BredesonArrowhead (Hartland, WI) [*]OT6-5/275 [*]Michael OnwenuCass Technical (Detroit, MI) [*]OG6-3/365 [*]Erik SwensonDowners Grove South (Downers Grove, IL) [*]OT6-7/285 Brandon PetersAvon (Avon, IN) [*]PRO6-5/205 [*]Ron JohnsonCamden (Camden, NJ) [*]WDE6-4/240 [*]Devery HamiltonGilman (Baltimore, MD) [*]OT6-6/290 [*]Matthew FalconSouthfield (Southfield, MI) [*]RB6-1/215 [*]Chris EvansBen Davis (Indianapolis, IN) [*]APB5-11/186 [*]David ReeseFarmington (Farmington, MI) [*]ILB6-1/235 [*]Victor ViramontesNorco (Norco, CA) [*]ATH6-2/220 [*]Dele HardingEastern Christian (Elkton, MD) [*]ILB6-1/232 [*]Kiante EnisWinchester Community Sch (Winchester, IN) [*]RB6-1/200 [*]Kingston DavisPrattville (Prattville, AL) [*]FB6-1/225 [*]Antwaine RichardsonAtlantic (Delray Beach, FL) [*]CB6-0/165 [*]Devin GilCharles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL) [*]S6-1/205 [*]Sean McKeonShepherd Hill (Dudley, MA) [*]TE6-5/230 [*]Benjamin St. Juste Cegep du Vieux () [*]CB6-3/170 [*]Dytarious JohnsonPrattville (Prattville, AL) [*]ILB6-1/205 [*]Rashad WeaverCooper City (Fort Lauderdale, FL) [*]DT6-4.5/245 [*]Josh MetellusCharles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL) [*]S6-0/187 [*] [*]http://No links to . . . allowed o...Rankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

Those are commits. Not offers. And as someone said they might just be looking for the same kinds of athletes or measurables at those positions.

Either way they have a remarkable amount of the same guys. That's a fact.

Those are commits. Not offers. And as someone said they might just be looking for the same kinds of athletes or measurables at those positions.

Either way they have a remarkable amount of the same guys. That's a fact.

So, the "remarkable amount of the same guys," and/or athletes with the same mearurables, are only reflected in the offers, but not in the kids that actually commit to Michigan? Got it.

Let's forget about all that for a second. I want to make sure I've got this. You're suggesting that a coach who was a QB in the NFL for 15 years, coached in the Super Bowl, lead Stanford to the first 11 win season in program history, and now coaches at freakin Michigan, needs to follow Scott Shafer around with the intent to offer a "remarkable" amount of the same guys? That is the "fact" you are supporting?

007 said:
So, the "remarkable amount of the same guys," and/or athletes with the same mearurables, are only reflected in the offers, but not in the kids that actually commit to Michigan? Got it. Let's forget about all that for a second. I want to make sure I've got this. You're suggesting that a coach who was a QB in the NFL for 15 years, coached in the Super Bowl, lead Stanford to the first 11 win season in program history, and now coaches at freakin Michigan, needs to follow Scott Shafer around with the intent to offer a "remarkable" amount of the same guys? That is the "fact" you are supporting?

The fact I'm talking about is that many of the guys we offer get a Michigan offer or a visit too - most of them after we make contact. Pick a random recruit in the recruiting threads and see what I mean. This is not in dispute.

I do not know what conclusion you'd derive from this information. I just don't think it's crazy given that Shafer was on the last college staff he was and that they are friends.

I'd also appreciate a touch of respect.

I want to preface this with saying I'm not a Cowherd fan, at all. Jim Harbaugh just gave the most awkward interview ever. Colin actually ended the call early and hung up... It was that painful. If you didn't want to give the interview, don't. If I was a recruit listening to that, I'd be a little (emphasis on little) turned off by that.

I want to preface this with saying I'm not a Cowherd fan, at all. Jim Harbaugh just gave the most awkward interview ever. Colin actually ended the call early and hung up... It was that painful. If you didn't want to give the interview, don't. If I was a recruit listening to that, I'd be a little (emphasis on little) turned off by that.

Can you give us some of the comments made?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom