Class of 2016 - PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke

Giles coach looks in awe lol

image.jpg

If we somehow get him and have the front court duo of Moyer and Giles, talk about scary!

That would be some combination of forwards coming in together in the same class. Has SU bball recruiting ever been more fun to follow than it is now?

That would be some combination of forwards coming in together in the same class. Has SU bball recruiting ever been more fun to follow than it is now?

The late 80s era--Pearl, Rafael Addison, Rony Seikaly, Sherman Douglas, Derrick Coleman, Stephen Thompson, Billy Owens--was pretty freaking incredible.

And after a post-probation drop off, we've begun to recruit at that same elite level again in recent years [ever since the Melo Center]. It's a great time to be a fan of the Orange!!!

The late 80s era--Pearl, Rafael Addison, Rony Seikaly, Sherman Douglas, Derrick Coleman, Stephen Thompson, Billy Owens--was pretty freaking incredible.

And after a post-probation drop off, we've begun to recruit at that same elite level again in recent years [ever since the Melo Center]. It's a great time to be a fan of the Orange!!!

I was born in 76 so although I remember watching those players I really didn't follow recruiting at all. I'm sure it was much different then but still just as exciting to fine out that a player like Pearl was coming to SU.

Giles will be visiting UNC tonight for their Midnight Madness festivities. The in-state buzz lately has been that Duke and Wake Forest(not UNC) are the schools he currently favor if he does decide to stay home.

an offer from Syracuse should mean more because they don't offer everyone like kentucky and some of these other big schools.

From the time Pearl set foot on campus to the time Billy left early would rank up there as a time that was as much fun. Pearl, Raf, Wendall, Rony, Stevie, DC, The General, Billy, Monroe, Triche, Ellis, McRae. The glory days of the Big East, and we were right there, college basketball was better, because we didn't have all the one and done's. It was harder to win, more good players in college, and more really good teams.

Giles coach looks in awe lol

View attachment 25340
Jimmy B is going about the business of assembling the recruiting class to top all recruiting classes in preparation of what will be an incredible and unprecedented season by the Orange followed by him handing the reins over to Hop. Jimmy has the gravitas to get it done and I won't be surprised to see the best Syracuse team ever to take the floor prior to his last game as head coach of the Orange. Seeing him making a pitch to Giles and Battle is all part of his plan.

Jimmy B is going about the business of assembling the recruiting class to top all recruiting classes in preparation of what will be an incredible and unprecedented season by the Orange followed by him handing the reins over to Hop. Jimmy has the gravitas to get it done and I won't be surprised to see the best Syracuse team ever to take the floor prior to his last game as head coach of the Orange. Seeing him making a pitch to Giles and Battle is all part of his plan.
I get chills just thinking about it...(but what the hell does gravitas mean?) :)

After watching one of his latest games and seeing others like Thon Maker and Jayson Tatum recently as well. I have no doubt that Giles is the #1 player overall in 2016. He has all of the check marks that you want to see from a 6'10 player. Athleticism, post game, perimeter shot, ball handling, passing, rebounding. I still think he's a long shot but with JB putting in the time recruiting him, hopefully we can eventually get him on campus after the new year.

After watching one of his latest games and seeing others like Thon Maker and Jayson Tatum recently as well. I have no doubt that Giles is the #1 player overall in 2016. He has all of the check marks that you want to see from a 6'10 player. Athleticism, post game, perimeter shot, ball handling, passing, rebounding. I still think he's a long shot but with JB putting in the time recruiting him, hopefully we can eventually get him on campus after the new year.
McCullough athleticism + Bosh handle + Roc strength + everything else anyone's got. Kid is going to be a terror. For exactly one year. ;)

McCullough athleticism + Bosh handle + Roc strength + everything else anyone's got. Kid is going to be a terror. For exactly one year. ;)
Even better handle than Bosh. Kid was bringing the ball up running PG and isolation plays up top. Definitely didn't look out of place doing so. Maybe Jimmy can sell him on being our next really tall PG?

Even better handle than Bosh. Kid was bringing the ball up running PG and isolation plays up top. Definitely didn't look out of place doing so. Maybe Jimmy can sell him on being our next really tall PG?
Heck yes. Yup, he's beyond the term point forward. Magic...Penny...eat your heart out. Cause the kid is comin' atcha.

There isn't much that would make me happier than to see Giles on campus early in 2015. The dude is a monster and putting him in Orange is the easiest path to success for us in 2016

I would hope we at least succeed in getting him on campus. It seems guys really like their trips to the SU since we opened the Melo center. I know he is a long shot but once in a while you get a guy who wants to get away from home so why not us at that point. This is obviously a kid who can write his own ticket so I glad that there is at least some interest on his part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom