Class of 2016 - PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke

A full court drive an dish after a rebound and a drive from the top off the key finished with a ridiculous layup?

screw it lets makeGiles the biggest Point in history out front of the zone.

Anything we can think of to get him in Orange should be fair game

Robert Washington is from North Carolina. Harry Giles is from North Carolina.

Screw it, let's make the centerpieces of our 2016 recruiting classes for football and basketball Carolina kids. I'm on board!

Robert Washington is from North Carolina. Harry Giles is from North Carolina.

Screw it, let's make the centerpieces of our 2016 recruiting classes for football and basketball Carolina kids. I'm on board!
If we do this I may have to move to North Carolina as tribute.

If we do this I may have to move to North Carolina as tribute.
I-volunteer-as-tribute.gif

Making an assumption, but if we lose 2 scholies and Moyer is a given, that would leave only 1 scholarship for Battle and Giles.

Of course, a lot could happen in the meantime.

Making an assumption, but if we lose 2 scholies and Moyer is a given, that would leave only 1 scholarship for Battle and Giles.

Of course, a lot could happen in the meantime.

Francis gave us a less than 10% chance here. Probably not gonna matter whether we have enough ships!

Wake Forest? For a minute there I forgot he was from N Carolina.
Wake is actually in good shape with Giles. He lives very close to Winston-Salem and goes to a lot of their games. His teammate Brandon Childress is a Wake commit whose dad is a Wake assistant and one of the greatest players in school history. Danny Manning is considered one of the best big man coaches in the country. They will be in it until the very end I think.

Wake is actually in good shape with Giles. He lives very close to Winston-Salem and goes to a lot of their games. His teammate Brandon Childress is a Wake commit whose dad is a Wake assistant and one of the greatest players in school history. Danny Manning is considered one of the best big man coaches in the country. They will be in it until the very end I think.

Randolph? Yeah I would imagine he's a big deal down there.

Francis, what makes you think that both BJ and Buss will have a conversation about, I assume, their future at SU? That is not consistent with how SU has handled other players that were not performing at a high enough level after 2 seasons. Total guess, but maybe limited scholarships will be a factor?

Also, why isn't Obokoh in that conversation. Especially if scholarships are limited, you need to have players that can all contribute. Obokoh seems a couple years away from that possibility. I really thought he would be a Keita type player when he got to SU but not seeing anything close to that.

Obokoh went to school with Bryant and that was one of the reasons combined with being an excellent student and potentially back up big down the road was why he was recruited here. He's not leaving to make room for Bryant.

One of the other guys will likely be initiating the conversation with the staff if not both.

Also, why isn't Obokoh in that conversation. Especially if scholarships are limited, you need to have players that can all contribute. Obokoh seems a couple years away from that possibility. I really thought he would be a Keita type player when he got to SU but not seeing anything close to that.
They won't tell the guys to go take a hike but you have to keep it real with them. Both have been recruited over and while I prefer Buss to stay more so than BJ, both will be buried in the depth chart and I don't think either will be happy riding the bench for the next few years. BJ's dad has already voiced a displeasure of his son playing time. That definitely won't change with CMac coming back, T-Rob, Lydon, G, Diagne, and Mali being able to play on the wings. Jordoo answered the Obokoh situation above. He's friends with TB and a good student whose biggest contribution might be boosting our APR. Plus who knows maybe he'll eventually be able to spot some decent minutes down the line, but I wouldn't hold my breath from what I've seen.

They won't tell the guys to go take a hike but you have to keep it real with them. Both have been recruited over and while I prefer Buss to stay more so than BJ, both will be buried in the depth chart and I don't think either will be happy riding the bench for the next few years. BJ's dad has already voiced a displeasure of his son playing time. That definitely won't change with CMac coming back, T-Rob, Lydon, G, Diagne, and Mali being able to play on the wings. Jordoo answered the Obokoh situation above. He's friends with TB and a good student whose biggest contribution might be boosting our APR. Plus who knows maybe he'll eventually be able to spot some decent minutes down the line, but I wouldn't hold my breath from what I've seen.
I was thinking best case for Chino might be eventually developing into a Jeremy McNeil type coming off the bench. Best case. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom