Has a show gone down the tubes faster than Homeland | Syracusefan.com

Has a show gone down the tubes faster than Homeland

djcon57

Living Legend
I thought about 3/4th of Season 1 were some of the best TV I've ever seen
Thought the season 1 finale was crap
Though some of this season was ok.

...but the last 3-4 episodes. Good lord. Just AWFUL storyline, acting, the way it's shot is cheesy. Just . I'll watch the last ep, but I'm done next year.

I thought about 3/4th of Season 1 were some of the best TV I've ever seen
Thought the season 1 finale was crap
Though some of this season was ok.

...but the last 3-4 episodes. Good lord. Just AWFUL storyline, acting, the way it's shot is cheesy. Just ****. I'll watch the last ep, but I'm done next year.

I'm still entertained by it, but it is turning into 24 and 24 absolutely sucked. Claire Danes deserves better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Can't get passed the pace maker thing. Really bummed. Loved the show

Can't get passed the pace maker thing. Really bummed. Loved the show

That was awful. That and Carrie not turning in Brody when she knows he killed the VP. Just so out of character.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Put it this way:

When I entered in Syracusefan.com and got to the home page showing pieces of thread titles for all boards, I saw "Has a show gone down the" in this section and I KNEW this would be a thread about Homeland immediately.

I still enjoy the show, but the last couple episodes have been, frankly, BAD.

Agreed. Damn shame. It was outstanding for a while. Characters should have some integrity. That is, their behavior should make some sense given what you have learned about them in previous episodes. Brodie killing the VP made no sense "I am not a terrorist". And Carrie being OK with it was incomprehensible. Homeland has jumped the shark.

A bit of trivia. I was watching an old BBC mystery, Inspector Frost, on NetFlix. There was a group of teen age hoodlums with thick cockney accents. One had flaming red hair and an accent so thick you could barely understand him. He looked a lot like Damian Lewis. I watched the credits. Sure enough. It was Damian Lewis.

Guys, got hooked on the show towards ther end of last season. Love the acting and enjoyed the storyline. Perhaps, I am being a bit paranoid but I was not surprized by the killing of the V.P. Believe that the show was trying to establish a moral equivelancy between the actions of Nazir and the CIA because of the drone attack. You could almost envision Cheney as the VP. The whole burial at sea was a bit much for me. Nevertheless, I look forward to watching next season. I guess I am a right wing nut.

This show has jumped about 30 sharks in the last three weeks. Not sure I'll even bother watching next season. I don't understand how this is the same season of a television show that had the scene where Carrie finally confronted and arrested Brody.

See, I actually kind of liked the ending once I sat down and thought about it. I mean really, it felt relatively organic after everything that's happened.

I will admit that it feels a hell of a lot more like 24 than Homeland at this point.

*****SPOILERS*****

Watched the last ep, accepted it...and now will never watch the show again because there's no where to go that I give a about

If Brody is actually a terrorist and planted the bomb, he should've killed Carrie at the end. I'm assuming next season will be a did he or did he not..and I can't overlook that if he is, she would be dead.

I have no interest watching a season of "crazy" Carrie trying to convince Saul that Brody-on-the-Run is or isn't a terrorist. The best storyline was Quinn, Saul, and Estes and Estes is dead. I'm sure they'll loop back and try to convince the viewer than Quinn planted the bomb. But whatever. Done.

Shame. Was a great show about 8 episodes in season 1. Thankfully season 3 of Boardwalk was so good. Took it right over.

*****SPOILERS*****

Watched the last ep, accepted it...and now will never watch the show again because there's no where to go that I give a **** about

If Brody is actually a terrorist and planted the bomb, he should've killed Carrie at the end. I'm assuming next season will be a did he or did he not..and I can't overlook that if he is, she would be dead.

I have no interest watching a season of "crazy" Carrie trying to convince Saul that Brody-on-the-Run is or isn't a terrorist. The best storyline was Quinn, Saul, and Estes and Estes is dead. I'm sure they'll loop back and try to convince the viewer than Quinn planted the bomb. But whatever. Done.

Shame. Was a great show about 8 episodes in season 1. Thankfully season 3 of Boardwalk was so good. Took it right over.

Brody is a terrorist though and a murderer. Am I supposed to feel sympathy for him? And Carrie is so out of character for not disclosing how she got away from Nazir.

Agree about Quin, Saul and Estes.

Speaking of Quinn and Estes, was that scene in the bedroom the most badass moment of the show, or what? Quinn grated on me initially, but as we got to know him better and then learned who he truly was, he became easily my favorite character. He's the closest thing the show has to Jack Bauer.

They should just abandon Carrie and Brody and make a show about Saul, Quinn, Virgil, and Max riding around the world in their Mystery Machine stopping terror plots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom