Has Syracuse lacrosse’s recruiting fallen off track? (SUJuice) | Syracusefan.com

Has Syracuse lacrosse’s recruiting fallen off track? (SUJuice)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://sujuiceonline.com/2014/10/08/has-syracuse-lacrosses-recruiting-fallen-off-track/

The Syracuse men’s lacrosse team’s 2014 recruiting class recently was rated 17th in the country by Inside Lacrosse magazine. I had to check twice. Yup, 17.

When less heralded programs like Villanova (#6), Penn State (#11), Bucknell (#13) and Ohio State (#16) best the Orange in any lacrosse ranking, it’s somewhat shocking. I know we’ve fallen on rather barren times in Central New York: The team hasn’t won a national title since 2009; two straight senior classes have graduated without lifting the trophy; and the days of 22-straight Final Four appearances evaporated in 2005.

Syracuse’s recruiting hasn’t been as impressive.

But has the program fallen that far off track? Should Syracuse fans be concerned?..

http://sujuiceonline.com/2014/10/08/has-syracuse-lacrosses-recruiting-fallen-off-track/

The Syracuse men’s lacrosse team’s 2014 recruiting class recently was rated 17th in the country by Inside Lacrosse magazine. I had to check twice. Yup, 17.

When less heralded programs like Villanova (#6), Penn State (#11), Bucknell (#13) and Ohio State (#16) best the Orange in any lacrosse ranking, it’s somewhat shocking. I know we’ve fallen on rather barren times in Central New York: The team hasn’t won a national title since 2009; two straight senior classes have graduated without lifting the trophy; and the days of 22-straight Final Four appearances evaporated in 2005.

Syracuse’s recruiting hasn’t been as impressive.

But has the program fallen that far off track? Should Syracuse fans be concerned?..

Ugh cant one of these sites do any research. They had the #2 class in the nation last year. They have a top 5-7 class next year lined up and the 2016 class will probably be top 3 or 5 at worst (its loaded). Also this years class didnt include the top O player who went prep or the two Juco All Americans in Hill and Barber. And with Thorpe coming in a year late he probably didnt get near the recocgnition he should have. People need to have some perspective, this is a senior heavy class this year, we were never going to bring in a huge class in 2014.

I can always count on SUJuice for solid reporting.