Has there been a spring with less buzz? | Syracusefan.com

Has there been a spring with less buzz?

If the intention was do their work under the radar with virtually no attention, they have done a hell of a job.

I don't think that it is too uncommon not to hear much about football Spring practices. Definitely no buzz down here in Carolina about Wake, UNC or State. And Duke has been done with Spring practice since 2/28. It's BB season.

If the intention was do their work under the radar with virtually no attention, they have done a hell of a job.
I never understood the fascination with spring games

I think its also a function of the bball stuff and the fact they are practicing far earlier and more spread out than ever before. even took that break in the middle.

and that we only won 3 games last year, 1 vs villanova, one vs central michigan. Expectations and buzz are .....low

I don't think that it is too uncommon not to hear much about football Spring practices. Definitely no buzz down here in Carolina about Wake, UNC or State. And Duke has been done with Spring practice since 2/28. It's BB season.

This has never been Alabama regarding level of attention but the nothing factor this spring is uncommon for here.

Shafer has completely unplugged this year.

Guess we have to hide the supersecret double wing T pop warner offense.

Having a buzz regarding spring practice is meaningless. It's practice and that's it. How do you create a buzz about practice? If you did would it make any difference? The only thing that really matters is the season spring practice is really irrelevant from a fan perspective

This has never been Alabama regarding level of attention but the nothing factor this spring is uncommon for here.

Shafer has completely unplugged this year.

Guess we have to hide the supersecret double wing T pop warner offense.

Speaking of Bama, they just started their Spring practice 3/13...inside in their IPF and no the practice wasn't open. The thing that schools like Bama and Clemson do, even with closed practices, is control the message that gets out to the fans through their official website. They understand how to hype the programs. Hopefully with a new AD maybe Syracuse will learn to do the same thing.

So the buzz for 2015 is supposed to jump out of the woodwork in July?
I hope we break 30,000 for the home opener.

I don't care what goes on in spring and preseason camp anymore. I refuse to drink the cool aid. Show me something. I've watched this team step on their manhood time and time again. I'm not even talking about wins. Look reasonably competent on both sides of the ball more than one fluke season every decade.

Its been a tough year hoops and grid Were all still reeling a bit

GoSU96 said:

I think it was. They started early, took a big break, closing out fans and media.

Shafer also owes a big thank you to his counterpart on the hoops side, his outgoing AD and the fine folks at the NC2A. They helped divert some attention.

I'm cool with closed practices. But as mentioned above, you can build some buzz while controlling your own message. Put out a series of what basically amounts to puff pieces about the team, the coaches, etc. Hype things up a little bit. You can do that without actually saying anything of substance.

I'm cool with closed practices. But as mentioned above, you can build some buzz while controlling your own message. Put out a series of what basically amounts to puff pieces about the team, the coaches, etc. Hype things up a little bit. You can do that without actually saying anything of substance.

It would be nice to learn more about the players-especially those expected to see time this year. I never understood why SU wouldn't use this approach since Syracuse.com is always looking for content and it seems easier to convince people to attend games when they feel invested in the students playing.

Look at Rak this year- as well as he played, I think more people rallied behind him (before the ban) because of his academic success, family story, and his perseverance.

gmoney44 said:
I don't care what goes on in spring and preseason camp anymore. I refuse to drink the cool aid. Show me something. I've watched this team step on their manhood time and time again. I'm not even talking about wins. Look reasonably competent on both sides of the ball more than one fluke season every decade.

Baylor had what they called Friday Night Lights which was like another home game. It was a great PR move especially for the recruits and fan add. syracuse definitely needs to do something like this.

Full_Rebar said:
It would be nice to learn more about the players-especially those expected to see time this year. I never understood why SU wouldn't use this approach since Syracuse.com is always looking for content and it seems easier to convince people to attend games when they feel invested in the students playing. Look at Rak this year- as well as he played, I think more people rallied behind him (before the ban) because of his academic success, family story, and his perseverance.

All of those spies from FSU, LSU, and Clemson will be there.

I don't care what other programs do. Most of them don't have the attendance issues we so. You want the city to get behind the team then promotiw the team. Take Spring practices as your time to do that. Hell it's not like keeping all our secrets locked up last year did us any good. Any coverage this program can get they should be all over it, even if it means opening a few Spring practices.

You should work for an athletic department.

I'd rather have buzz leading up to the season and games. I'm not concerned with a lack of buzz 5 1/2 months before the season starts. It's not like there hasn't been a bunch of other SU related things of late to keep the PS writers busy. Let's just win in the fall and the buzz, like the fans, will follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom