Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet? | Syracusefan.com

Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet?

Alsacs

Living Legend
We know SS is the DC of Maryland. I am interested to see where his assistants land. I was sad we lost Acosta but he has no doubt a chance to be a good recruiter at another Northeast D-1 school.
Daoust and Lea had upside as well on the defensive side.
I haven't heard any news so I was wondering.

Not that I've seen.

I guess as long as there are spots open with this staff there is always the chance that one ends up back here.

I think some believe Acosta will end up at Rutgers, but won't know until January when Ash starts hiring his assistants.

Only thing I've seen is DeAndre Smith (our best asst coach IMO) is in the final 4 for the HC job at Southern Illinois.

We know SS is the DC of Maryland. I am interested to see where his assistants land. I was sad we lost Acosta but he has no doubt a chance to be a good recruiter at another Northeast D-1 school.

Daoust had more than upside. He was and is very respected in the coaching world. He will get a big time dline job or a shot at a d coordinator position, not to mention he really knows special teams. Since the Marrone era, he was the assistant I was most worried about losing, This program will miss him. I wish him the best.

TOTALLY agree on acosta---i am dubious of the concentration on EXCLUSIVE mac staff---i have serious doubts about their transition to northeast ---maybe i am just a homer. hope i am wrong

I think some believe Acosta will end up at Rutgers, but won't know until January when Ash starts hiring his assistants.

Rutgers just hired a WR coach, x OC from James madison. They would be targeting him for TE coach if they are still after him, right?

Maryland: Per source, former Syracuse director of recruiting Eric White is heading to Maryland and will serve in a player personnel role.

Hadn't seen this elsewhere. I know White isn't exactly an ex assistant, but, you know.

Maryland: Per source, former Syracuse director of recruiting Eric White is heading to Maryland and will serve in a player personnel role.

Hadn't seen this elsewhere. I know White isn't exactly an ex assistant, but, you know.

How long before Maryland lands another ex HC? Is Tom Coughlin next to be a Terp?

lester is qb coach at purdue

Only thing I've seen is DeAndre Smith (our best asst coach IMO) is in the final 4 for the HC job at Southern Illinois.

you thought DeAndre Smith was the best back even though McFarlane and Morris seemingly regressed and got jumped by a true freshman?

you thought DeAndre Smith was the best back even though McFarlane and Morris seemingly regressed and got jumped by a true freshman?

In Smith's defense he didn't recruit either of them ... I think Fredricks will be the ultimate forecaster ...

lester is qb coach at purdue

Can't blame Mahoney if he chooses to follow Lester. Especially if Purdue offers him a scholly. According to what i see, Mahoney has 2 years of eligibility left. I wonder if he transferred and sat out a year if those 2 years would remain.

Doesn't really count.
the-count.jpg