Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet?

Anyone else surprised Acosta still doesn't have a gig?
Acosta was supposed to be a good position coach. As for recruiting, I don't think the current staff wanted any of his recruits and the the ones who de-committed have not verbaled to any top schools.

Are you saying he could have been the guy feeding kids like Estime that Ash was the next SU coach?

If Acosta was the cause of the stress on this board when it appeared Ash was imminent then while I liked Acosta sorry buddy Ash being the SU HC was scary to me.
sounds like a bone fide cause of action for intentional infliction of emotional distress to me ;) We might have a class action lawsuit on our hands.

Cole Dial ‏@dialcole13
Today I leave Syracuse for good. I have met and worked with some great people here and made lifetime friendships. I also met the love of my life and future wife Victoria. For those things Syracuse will always be a special place to me. Now it's time to take the next step...

In my career and announce that I am the new Director of Recruiting/Player Personnel at University of Louisiana Monroe! #Warhawks #TakeFlight

CbsacPwWwAQD7B0.jpg

Inside linebacker Jamal Riggins (middle) committed to Wake Forest during their Junior Day event. (Source: Twiter account @SG_Skools)

I figured Chuck would get a job somewhere. Nice for him to be back in Michigan where it seems like most of his family is.
Glad he landed somewhere. A little surprised he didn't end up back in the NFL.

crales44 said:
Glad he landed somewhere. A little surprised he didn't end up back in the NFL.

Wonder if he wished he'd stayed here as LB or DL coach...

Wonder if he wished he'd stayed here as LB or DL coach...

This is interesting because babers implied he offered bullough a position coach job and bullough turned it down because of the pay cut, and now here he is a position coach in the mac. Making less than he would've here.

While I loved Shaf and staff; their landing spots scream that they were in over their heads here at the Cuse in P5 action, For Bullough to be a P5 DC and land at a lower tier MAC team as a DLINE coach is a huge flag,
BS. It screams they are coming from a team that didn't put up enough Ws, and they have to take a step back and then over their careers forward again. It's a tough business.

This is interesting because babers implied he offered bullough a position coach job and bullough turned it down because of the pay cut, and now here he is a position coach in the mac. Making less than he would've here.

Career decisions aren't always about money. Maybe his decision was more about getting closer to home and family.

Funny how this coaching profession shifts so quickly, I seem to remember not long ago there were folks from Texas checking out the board as Bullough's name was surfacing as potential DC candidate. I can't remember what school the guy was a fan of but I thought of all of the Shafer assistants that Bullough would have been the most pursued for a new role.

As mentioned already in the thread - could be he wanted to be closer to family in.

Probably would have been awkward for him to go from DC to DL Coach with the same guys

Probably would have been awkward for him to go from DC to DL Coach with the same guys
I agree with that.

but to all4su, to drop from a P5 DC all they way to a mac position coach is telling.

dropping to a position at P5 makes sense...a DC at a group of whatever the # is, makes sense.

this tells us, he was in over his head.

position guys not even on staffs...tells us they were in over their heads.

just like how marrone in year 2 after his super quitting idea, is still not even a OC...tells us he is done in the league.

I agree with that.

but to all4su, to drop from a P5 DC all they way to a mac position coach is telling.

dropping to a position at P5 makes sense...a DC at a group of whatever the # is, makes sense.

this tells us, he was in over his head.

position guys not even on staffs...tells us they were in over their heads.

just like how marrone in year 2 after his super quitting idea, is still not even a OC...tells us he is done in the league.

The year before, the D was lights out and kept things from getting REALLY ugly. I'm chalking this up more to Shafer not hiring an an appropriate OC whose scheme could take pressure off a really young defense. I feel Chuck is more a victim of having little help offensively.

C Bomb said:
The year before, the D was lights out and kept things from getting REALLY ugly. I'm chalking this up more to Shafer not hiring an an appropriate OC whose scheme could take pressure off a really young defense. I feel Chuck is more a victim of having little help offensively.

Yeah - the D was largely fine (last year not withstanding). Bullough and Daoust can coach.

While I loved Shaf and staff; their landing spots scream that they were in over their heads here at the Cuse in P5 action, For Bullough to be a P5 DC and land at a lower tier MAC team as a DLINE coach is a huge flag,

I didnt want to say this, but yeah you're right