Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Have any former SS assistants landed elsewhere yet?

What is the "high road"? Never heard of it...
Exit Homer (just north of Cortland)...go west turn left on NY 281 go SW to Munson Corners (Bypass most of Cortland). Turn right on McLean Rd follow it to Freeville. It turns into NY 366 and take it all the way to Cornell. Should shave 5-10 mins off your trip. You avoid the city of Cortland and the BS on NY 13. If we play a FB game in Ithaca...this is way you will want to go.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.5043838,-76.3884291,11z

Exit Homer (just north of Cortland)...go west turn left on NY 281 go SW to Munson Corners (Bypass most of Cortland). Turn right on McLean Rd follow it to Freeville. It turns into NY 366 and take it all the way to Cornell. Should shave 5-10 mins off your trip. You avoid the city of Cortland and the BS on NY 13. If we play a FB game in Ithaca...this is way you will want to go.

OK. That's why I didn't know the "high" road..wrong direction coming from the west. I was always traveling 34 to 13 .

Cool. Too bad the west stands were demolished this month. Hope they are thinking of rebuilding them.

Yeah, I have a feeling Acosta will be commuting if he is still in Syracuse. Really not a step in the right direction for him but we all got bills to pay and it was a tough spot. Probably had his pay cut by 40-50%. Best of luck, the sad part is the cornell coach will most likely get canned after this year, he is TURRIBLE. Acosta will most likely be looking again next year, which I am sure he realizes. Like I said, we all have bills to pay.

Last edited:
it may come down to how much the cornell AD has in funds for his teams.. a large group want a new hockey guy. they already are low roading the bball hire, the LAX guy is on thin ice, the fball guy has the backing of the trustees and the money, even the Wrestling guy who has been great is starting to take some heat..

it may come down to how much the cornell AD has in funds for his teams.. a large group want a new hockey guy. they already are low roading the bball hire, the LAX guy is on thin ice, the fball guy has the backing of the trustees and the money, even the Wrestling guy who has been great is starting to take some heat..
My thoughts:
*Mike Schafer isn't going anywhere in the immediate future. He hasn't been the most consistent recently, but he hasn't really been bad (on the whole). He's also an alum who started head coaching in 1995. It will take more than one or two bad seasons to boot him.
*Matt Kerwick needs to go, and I don't see him lasting too much longer. He will be gone soon.
*David Archer seems to be weirdly popular and I don't know why. He has been terrible, but you're right. The guys in power (and most other people who care about the program) like him. Part of me honestly thinks that Cornell actively wants to be bad in football.
*You're right about Brian Earl. If Cornell was serious about basketball, the Big Red would have hired Steve Donahue last year when BC let him go.
*Rob Koll isn't going anywhere in the immediate future, either. He is like Mike Schafer 2.0.

Cool. Too bad the west stands were demolished this month. Hope they are thinking of rebuilding them.
If I was Cornell, I would build luxury boxes and/or a restaurant. Cornell doesn't have a ton of fans, but the fans that CU does have are passionate (you kind of have to be to follow the program these days) and generally rich (and therefore willing to pay premium prices for amenities). My theory is that the best way to get them to part with their money is to offer a premium experience. I would leverage CU's #1 hospitality school (and students) to provide high quality (but cheap) catering services while fans enjoyed a game on the field framed by the picturesque crescent, the field house (with a already-existing reception area), and the pine trees in the south end-zone.

I would then position the existing lounge area in the north end-zone as a private event room. Practically, I would try to lease this area to the visiting school, thereby allowing the visitors to repackage the space and sell it to their fans, who would enjoy an experience similar to the CU fans, only with an end-zone view.

The general admission seating in the crescent would be for the school band, the dozens of students who go to the games, and the handful of local cheapskates with nothing better to do than to watch Cornell lose a football game (I assume that the cheapskates are local because I don't know why you would drive to see Cornell play unless you really, really cared about the team in and of itself).

the administration for athletics is pretty clueless when it comes to actually managing most what they do. the golf course is a joke. high rates, poorly run.

hockey the program that actually brings in money get screwed up. they dont give that program the money to actually be as good as it could, they made the dumb decision to add boxes so now they have empty seats all over and season ticket demand is the lowest ever. this year instead of refunding the unused the playoff tickets automatically, they add some fine print to the back of those tickets that said you had a short amount of time to come and request a refund or they keep the money. great for the large number of out of towners who have tickets.

fball lax and bball have coaching issues.

streaming of sports is messed up too. had great free service run by donations and took that away and made people use a crappy pay service

the administration for athletics is pretty clueless when it comes to actually managing most what they do. the golf course is a joke. high rates, poorly run.

hockey the program that actually brings in money get screwed up. they dont give that program the money to actually be as good as it could, they made the dumb decision to add boxes so now they have empty seats all over and season ticket demand is the lowest ever. this year instead of refunding the unused the playoff tickets automatically, they add some fine print to the back of those tickets that said you had a short amount of time to come and request a refund or they keep the money. great for the large number of out of towners who have tickets.

fball lax and bball have coaching issues.

streaming of sports is messed up too. had great free service run by donations and took that away and made people use a crappy pay service
Doesn't the Ivy League stream their games?
(Or is that the "crappy pay service" that you mentioned?)

[EDIT: You're right, though. The school's athletic department is NOT well run. Cornell could be a dynamo in pretty much anything other than football and basketball. Even then, Cornell could be OK in basketball and good for fcs in football.]

yeah the ILDN took over streaming. terrible web interface. bad customer service. bad production quality. RPI does TV quality work for free, the Ivy tried to force RPI to give them their feed for the playoffs but they did no feed instead to spite them.