Have We Given Up on Florida? | Syracusefan.com

Have We Given Up on Florida?

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
It seems that all we see these days are NJ visits.

I hope we have not given up on Florida.

97a.gif

No there are offers to Florida kids out there, but just not as many as last year. Last George George was like Oprah on steroids "you get and offer and you get an offer", but when all was said and done we only pulled in a couple of the guys he offered. Hopefully these offers are more targeted to people who actually want to come and can qualify.

We currently have 16 offers out to Florida players for 2016, according to TOS. Obviously, most of them are not gonna happen, but we'll still wind up with, say, 2-4 recruits from FL this cycle.

Further kids are from campus, the tougher it is to get them to visit. Especially while school is in session.

Further kids are from campus, the tougher it is to get them to visit. Especially while school is in session.
Yep. And remember, we recently had a '17 recruit from STA (Mike Epstein) pay his own way up to campus for a visit.

Yep. And remember, we recently had a '17 recruit from STA (Mike Epstein) pay his own way up to campus for a visit.

Historically we haven't gotten commits outside of a 250 mile radius before mid May. Obviously holding out hope we break that trend on April 25th.

If you ever want to check and see how many offers we have out to kids in a particular state or year just go to the pages drop down box..top of the page. Choose football recruiting database and then you can choose the options you want to check class year, state, etc. It is pretty much up to date..

I hope we haven't given up on Georgia and Alabama.

How many kids were from NJ during coach Ps heyday ?

If you ever want to check and see how many offers we have out to kids in a particular state or year just go to the pages drop down box..top of the page. Choose football recruiting database and then you can choose the options you want to check class year, state, etc. It is pretty much up to date..
good lord, there is enough data there to give even the most simplest of minds here enough info to be dangerous.

how long has that been there???

good lord, there is enough data there to give even the most simplest of minds here enough info to be dangerous.

how long has that been there???

Since the first class that has info available is 2012 I would guess that the database was created in 2011 but you would have to ask sutomcat.

Didn't an identical thread pop up a month ago?

Last edited:
Since the first class that has info available is 2012 I would guess that the database was created in 2011 but you would have to ask sutomcat.
I think that is correct. Cuselegacy has been doing 99.8% of the maintenance for the football database. I think that is it without question the most accurate and complete database detailing SU football targets out on the Interwebs.

Great job CL!

The carton with Bugs Bunny is great! I remember seeing it in the movies when I was a kid(used to have a newsreel
and a cartoon before the feature film...NOW STUPID COMMERCIALS). I think it was when my parents brought
me to see "PT109" in Fort Lauderdale. By the way, we want to keep our best players in the state, but good luck.

sammynole said:
The carton with Bugs Bunny is great! I remember seeing it in the movies when I was a kid(used to have a newsreel and a cartoon before the feature film...NOW STUPID COMMERCIALS). I think it was when my parents brought me to see "PT109" in Fort Lauderdale. By the way, we want to keep our best players in the state, but good luck.

I don't think you guys need to worry about it right now. If we start poaching FSU recruits it's 2040 or something. If your state isn't underwater.

Didn't the identical thread pop up a month ago?
Yup. It will again next month too I'm pretty sure, or wait, maybe that's the next thread on uniforms.

What are the Vegas odds for each? :cool:

assuming the current model of college sports lasts for eternity, i'd say eventually we have to become a winning program. plus, as global warming continues, syracuse will become a tropical paradise at some point. therefore, i'll set it at 75%. in my lifetime, im less confident. ... :(

Once climate change hits, we will get them. Unless they are swimmers.
Why limit ourselves to Florida recruits? Isn't the San Andreas projected to sink California?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom