Class of 2016 - HBack A.J. Rose (OH) Offered (Kentucky commit) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 HBack A.J. Rose (OH) Offered (Kentucky commit)

I'm feeling pretty confident about Neal. I view it as more "just in case" type stuff, laying the foundation so we aren't left scrambling if Moe surprises us.

Definitely makes you wonder with the other offer to Connell in NC.
Yep. It's great that Washington committed, but our name is still mud in many places, for many people. Things are looking up, but the big picture hasn't changed yet.

Can never have too many athletes/playmakers.

Yep. It's great that Washington committed, but our name is still mud in many places, for many people. Things are looking up, but the big picture hasn't changed yet.

Personally I love the fact that the staff has offered the two players from Dudley...Hooker and Young.. as it is right in Clawsons' backyard.

Last edited:
Personally I love the fact that the staff has offered the two players from Dudley...Hookey and Young.. as it is right in Clawsons' backyard.
Amen to that. Peck the pecker.

This doesn't make me worry about Neal. Sounds like Lester really wants to take advantage of the H-Back position and you can never have too many quality players at that position if it's going to be utilized appropriately. Injuries happen and for a position that moves laterally, probably a little more frequently. So if it's going to be a staple of the offense, you need 4 guys on the roster at least.

I also like that the staff continues to challenge other P5 teams in recruiting. The staff is obviously not resting on its laurels with the RW commitment and the talent he has gotten SU "in" with. I will say this.. After a 3-9 season, SU seems to be working on its best class in 15 years. Lot of work left to be done, but the excitement around the program at a minimum should buy this staff another 3 years (including this upcoming season). My hope is that the new AD gets behind the momentum, extends Shafer (w/ an out clause after 3 seasons in case it's a failed experiment) and frees up some money for keeping the quality assistants here, or for bringing in higher quality assistants. Given the excitement with the program, you have to commit to seeing how it plays out.