HCDB and Baylor | Syracusefan.com

HCDB and Baylor

hplare

Skilled observer of photographs
With all too may of the reports citing that, "The coach (Briles) and his staff affirmatively choose to not report and cover up..." I wonder if DB shouldn't make some statement about his time there. It's a question that's bound to be asked, probably soon, and think it would be wise to take the imitative and clear the air. It's obvious Baylor wasn't greatly concerned with the character of their recruits and it would also be reassuring to know that isn't happening here.

You come at something like this proactively, it looks like you're hiding something.

He's going to wait for the question to be asked, sneer at the reporter, talk about character, and be done with it.
Well, that would be 100% the wrong way to handle it. Sneer at the reporter? It's a completely fair question. You answer that we are recruiting high character players at Syracuse. That is the way he runs HIS shop and that is the way our Chancy wants it done.

HCDB should not make a statement. If asked, he should answer simply and truthfully (unless he is criminally liable) and let it go. Stressing his program will be run on integrity is OK, but move on.

There is an ongoing investigation, he may be advised by his attorney to raise that fact and not answer questions related to the matter in case he is called as a witness.

Regardless, he should not be g up the issue, let others do so.

I think Dino was long gone before most of this happened and exploded when he did leave. Time frame puts most of the events 2012/2013 season and after.

Time frame puts most of the events 2012/2013 season and after.
That's only the ones that have been reported. As with other cases (PSU, Cosby), I wouldn't be surprised if others come forward, now that it's in the open.

That's only the ones that have been reported. As with other cases (PSU, Cosby), I wouldn't be surprised if others come forward, now that it's in the open.

The only cases I'm worried in regards to HCDB are those that involved coaches meeting with parents and victims, and trying to persuade at least one from not going to the police. Now, that doesn't diminish the other instances, but it would make me sick if HCDB was involved in any of those.

I'm still surprised that the victims didn't go to the police, or go to the hospital and have a rape kit done. If I had a daughter that was assaulted we definitely wouldn't be talking to the football staff instead of the police. If it was the Baylor police (instead of the Waco police) and we weren't being taken seriously then the next step would've been to see Ken Starr followed by the local attorney general's office.

Well, that would be 100% the wrong way to handle it. Sneer at the reporter? It's a completely fair question. You answer that we are recruiting high character players at Syracuse. That is the way he runs HIS shop and that is the way our Chancy wants it done.
I take back the sneering thing. I defend reporters like crazy on this board. I meant more that you need to say it in person because a statement is SO impersonal and looks like you're trying to hide.

True.....but we don't know for sure yet

HCDB is two schools removed from Baylor. And while he was a coach during the earliest accusations, he'd already left when the majority of the violations took place.

If a reporter asks a question, then answer it. But there is no way he should proactively release a statement on the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom