Heisman | Syracusefan.com

Heisman

Briancuse

Living Legend
Who would you vote for. Who do you think will win.

I would vote for Watson, I think Jackson is going to get it, even though after the past couple of games, I don't feel he deserves it.

tumblr_nkprrekxwX1t30xsso2_500.gif
I'm going with Watson too.

Last edited:
I'll be different

PEPPERS. Impact on all three phases of the game

Nah

It's gotta be Jackson

I'll go with Jackson but is it just me or has the Heisman really lost it's luster? That used to be must see tv for me and I didn't even realize the finalists were announced. I don't even remember from one year to the next who won. It's not just that we haven't been good either. I enjoy college football in general and still don't pay much attention to the Heisman anymore.

Watson but it'll be Lamar because no one seems to care that he has turned the ball over only 2 less times. It's all about perception.

Watson but it'll be Lamar because no one seems to care that he has turned the ball over only 2 less times. It's all about perception.

They're both deserving. I think Watson may have been more consistent but his best wasn't as good as Lamar's best and his game against Pitt was probably worse than anything Lamar did.

They're both deserving. I think Watson may have been more consistent but his best wasn't as good as Lamar's best and his game against Pitt was probably worse than anything Lamar did.
That we can agree on. Watson throwing 2 picks in the endzone did him in. I was at that game and was baffled he even attempted them.

The Heisman died for me in 1987 and I havent watched it since.

It really is staggering when you look at Donnie Mac's numbers vs Brown. I know ND played a much tougher schedule, but for goodness sakes, Brown accounted for 7 touchdowns the entire season. Donnie had one less TD than that as a runner/receiver, not to mention 22 TD passes. Three of Brown's TDs were punt returns so for some reason that made him the king of football. ND went 8-3, we went 11-0. Total joke. And I won't even post Paul Hornung's numbers (and NDs record that year) vs Jim Brown, I may vomit typing it.

No one's on Jackson's level.

Deshaun Watson College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
Lamar Jackson College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Watson: 329-487 (67.6%) 3914 yards 37 TDs 15 picks 524 yards rushing (4.1 ypc) 6 TDs
Jackson: 220-382 (57.6%) 3390 yards 30 TDs 9 picks 1538 yards rushing (6.6 ypc) 21 TDs

Watson had the advantage of playing 13 games.

Jackson's disastrous game against Kentucky made it a little closer but he dominated games unlike any other player in college football this year. Even more than Watson did.

It really is staggering when you look at Donnie Mac's numbers vs Brown. I know ND played a much tougher schedule, but for goodness sakes, Brown accounted for 7 touchdowns the entire season. Donnie had one less TD than that as a runner/receiver, not to mention 22 TD passes. Three of Brown's TDs were punt returns so for some reason that made him the king of football. ND went 8-3, we went 11-0. Total joke. And I won't even post Paul Hornung's numbers (and NDs record that year) vs Jim Brown, I may vomit typing it.

Dont even get me started on this

Jackson in a landslide. Do you guys remember our game against them?

I think results like Brown beating Donnie, etc have helped make this award irrelevant among a lot of folks. Improved study of statss and increased media coverage have helped the viewer recognize that it never honors the best player.

The fact that Browning didn't get invited is a joke. I'd vote Watson, I guess. He's better than Jackson, regardless of numbers. Peppers shouldn't even be invited. Just hyped up, but didn't do enough. Dalvin Cook, and Browning deserve a spot over him.

Deshaun Watson College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
Lamar Jackson College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Watson: 329-487 (67.6%) 3914 yards 37 TDs 15 picks 524 yards rushing (4.1 ypc) 6 TDs
Jackson: 220-382 (57.6%) 3390 yards 30 TDs 9 picks 1538 yards rushing (6.6 ypc) 21 TDs

Watson had the advantage of playing 13 games.

Jackson's disastrous game against Kentucky made it a little closer but he dominated games unlike any other player in college football this year. Even more than Watson did.
He also only beat 1 team with a winning record. I think he's a great player. I just don't think it's as cut-and-dry as some do.

Last edited:
He also only beat 1 team with a winning record. I think he's a great player. I just don't think it's as cut-and-dry and some do.
That is true. UL had a really easy schedule this season. NC State, Syracuse, Wake, Duke, Virginia and BC were the dregs of the conference and somehow they played them all.

Losing to Houston and Kentucky wasn't great either.

Watson had a lot of talent surrounding him and the expectations were so great it was almost impossible to have a season most would consider great.

The thing is, Jackson was so spectacular. He is the kind of talent you see maybe once a decade in college football. Those kinds of players tend to win Heismans...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom