Helmet Stickers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Helmet Stickers

I'm sure if someone sat down they could come up with a sticker color that would work on all 3 colored helmets. A white sticker with an orange 44 on it probably works on all color helmets. Or a darker orange sticker with a blue 44 would show up on all 3 colored helmets
You're right, that could work. I like the idea of a white background (maybe an Otto silhouette) with an orange "44" in it

First I say no to stickers. But if I had to pick, I'd say the crossed 44 battle axe design, but not with the typical angled frame around it. Just the crossed fours.

So, again, if it works for coaches like Urban Meyer and Harbough, I'm okay with it.

Harbaugh and Meyer inherited this long tradition. They didn't kill it more than they support it.

And Frank Maloney??? A guy that I am guessing has the second or third -worst winning percentage in school history is now a benchmark?

Oy please meet vey...

Pitt now uses a small Pitt sticker in back of their gold and navy helmets and I like the 44 or small S for the Cuse. How about using a small Cuse?

You want to honor a box office bomb that came out 9 years ago?

Theres been multiple recruits in the past few years who have cited that film being part of their interest in the Orange. Or at least a basis in their knowledge of the program. Be that disappointing or not, its the time we live in.

Theres been multiple recruits in the past few years who have cited that film being part of their interest in the Orange. Or at least a basis in their knowledge of the program. Be that disappointing or not, its the time we live in.
I don't think it's a sign of the times we live in. I think we just need to win more.

I don't think it's a sign of the times we live in. I think we just need to win more.
Beggars can't be choosers unfortunately

How about flipped opponents' helmet stickers after we beat them? It works for us - it should work for the team. ;)

Wouldn't that go against Dino's idea of La Familia?

We win as a team, not as individuals.

Alot of helmet stickers are awarded to units for reaching milestones, like the offensive line gets them if the team rushes for >X yards, etc.

How about a mini blue football shape with white block S or mini white football with a blue block S? Mini blue or white Otto's would work too
Footballs with 44 on them?

There's probably a box of old SJ stickers sitting around somewhere - maybe the could be "awarded" for negative stats (sacks allowed, fumbles, ...)?

No thanks.

As if our uniforms aren't already busy enough, with all the gradient shading, etc.

The idea of Syracuse using helmet stickers is awful. Just awful.

But, if we're going to do it, we should use ripped off squares of duct tape. At least it would match the uniforms.

upload_2017-1-3_6-45-13.png

I personally hate the idea of adding helmet stickers as it promotes the success of the individual versus the team. If it's a tradition elsewhere, cool. If it's adding it here, hate the idea.
if the coach rewards people for making the team successful, the stickers don't have to promote the success of the individual.

It's an interesting idea but i think the small step solution is to add our traditional 1980s/1990s Orange helmet to the portfolio of 10 helmets we already have. As i've stated 100 times, the traditional look of the uniform from our halcyon days would be a nice addition to the futuristic uniforms that are probably here to stay. If every other school can fold in the traditional one, we should too.

The helmet stickers is something i'd consider after we do this and add back a few other traditions that seemed to have gone by the wayside.

Solution: No helmet, big sticker covering their faces of McNabb wearing the old uni

Lol, not a helmut sticker fan. Its so individual and not team. Plus, its like a smiley face on a 4th grade quiz.

I personally hate the idea of adding helmet stickers as it promotes the success of the individual versus the team. If it's a tradition elsewhere, cool. If it's adding it here, hate the idea.
Kids love them. My kids high school uses them and they are always bragging about getting new stickers. Except the coaches son,he just takes them by the handful and plasters his helmet.

The little things always adds up in the end.

The idea of Syracuse using helmet stickers is awful. Just awful.

But, if we're going to do it, we should use ripped off squares of duct tape. At least it would match the uniforms.

View attachment 85804
While your thoughts were funny,you need to get out of the cave and embrace all the wild and crazy patterns/colors duct tape comes in today. My niece for whatever strange reasons collects the crazy tape.