Help us get Floyd Litte to 44,000 votes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Help us get Floyd Litte to 44,000 votes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more voting

I'm stuck at 43,783. Ugh. I'll try again in a few.

After multiple votes the poll "freezes up" and will not add to the total. Just wait a few minutes and try again. (Worked for me.)

Victory.
image.jpg

Best laid plans...sigh...
In the end, it's best we got to 44,000 even if we went over the target. A lot of people participated in publicizing a Syracuse icon from a state we seem to love to torment. You did well:

In the end, it's best we got to 44,000 even if we went over the target. A lot of people participated in publicizing a Syracuse icon from a state we seem to love to torment. You did well:
Yeah. I simply wanted to reach 44K votes minimum. I can't prevent other fans - friend or foe - from voting. Would've sucked if we ended with 39,800 (or whatever) and came up short.

@ Toga: I still declare victory for Orange Nation! :cool:
Edit: I nominate Toga to get us to 44,444 at the final buzzer. LGO!

StanCuse44 said:
Yeah. I simply wanted to reach 44K votes minimum. I can't prevent other fans - friend or foe - from voting. Would've sucked if we ended with 39,800 (or whatever) and came up short. @ Toga: I still declare victory for Orange Nation! :cool: Edit: I nominate Toga to get us to 44,444 at the final buzzer. LGO!

You didn't see the post saying no more voting?

http://cuse.com/news/2015/9/1/FB_0901154323.aspx

Floyd Little Voted Connecticut’s Greatest Athlete

Former Syracuse standout and Hall of Fame running back Floyd Little was voted as the greatest athlete in Connecticut history at the conclusion of SportzEdge's bracket-style tournament that lasted over a month.

SportzEdge, powered by News 8, hosted the tournament on their website and when it was all said and done, Little was voted by fans as the best athlete.

Little, a New Haven native and running back for the Denver Broncos led the AFL in rushing in 1968 and '71. He was a two-time AFL All-Star and three-time AFC-NFC Pro Bowl selection. Spending his entire professional career with the Broncos, Little was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2010.

The championship round had second-seeded Little take on third-seed Jim O'Rourke. O'Rourke played 21 seasons in the major leagues, collecting over 2,600 hits and batting .311 for his career. Elected into the Baseball Hall of the Fame in 1945, O'Rourke recorded the first hit in National League history in 1876.

There were 44,902 total votes in the championship round and Little tallied 44,453 of them, blowing out O'Rourke for the win.

Here is the road to Little's victory:

First Round: Defeated No. 15 Mike Gminski (61% to 39%)
Second Round: Defeated No. 10 John Williamson (84% to 16%)
Sweet 16: Defeated No. 6 Bob Skoronski (61% to 39%)
Elite Eight: Defeated No. 9 Ken Strong (98% to 2%)
Final Four: Defeated No. 11 Jimmy Piersall (98% to 2%)
Championship: Defeated No. 3 Jim O'Rourke (99% to 1%)

Congratulations to Floyd Little on being voted Connecticut's greatest athlete of all-time!

Status
Not open for further replies.