Here are the results of the 7th annual Iggy Awards | Syracusefan.com

Here are the results of the 7th annual Iggy Awards

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Usually seven is considered a lucky number and we expected some good things for the 7th annual Iggy awards. However it was a very tumultuous season and the wheels fell off pretty quick. Based on the selections, many fans expected great things from CMac and Kaleb. Unfortunately for CMac and Kaleb this season did not materialize as expected.

It was difficult to retrieve the results this early after the end of the regular season as they were locked in a special vault in the NCAA's office in Indianapolis. When I called them up they originally told me that I would have to wait 125 days to get the results. They said they weren't going to release the information but fortunately we were able to negotiate to get the info we needed to be able to proceed.

We also had to negotiate with the Iggy trophy manufacturer. Inexplicably we ended up with two extra Iggy's this year. Something that had to do with not being able to participate in the post season. It all got a little more foggy after I read the 92 page novella that was just released. Fortunately I worked it out with the trophy guy and we donated the two extra Iggy's to be given to the winners of a charity event being hosted by the Y in Oneida. I highly recommend to anyone with kids to give them the opportunity to participate in the great programs the Y hosts. I can tell you that the people that work there are the most honest, straight forward people on the face of the earth. No one will ever steer you wrong. Something that you will remember forever, or for at least for the next five seasons. Kind of like gonorrhea.

So here is a photo of the Iggy that only five people are going to receive this year. We want to give a special shout out to Lawrinson who designed this great trophy while he was supposed to be on the clock working. Lost productivity is ok when it comes to Syracusefan.com. Mainly because you are helping the economy with all of the keyboards and smart phones you will be buying since you've worn out your existing ones by repeatedly hitting the refresh key over and over the last few months.

The results are posted after we view the award first.

iggy-award-jpg.5537

Here are the seven categories for the uninformed:

1) Regular season record. There are 31 regular season games.
2) ACC season record. There are 18 ACC games.
3) ACC Tournament record. The most we could play is five games unless we are one of the top four seeds. In that case, the most we could play is three games. And if we are seeds 5-8, the most we could play is four games. Similar to the BET. See this attached link for further questions about how the tourney is set up.http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/acc-tourney-14.pdf Thanks to TDTOrange for that info.
4) Post-season record (and notate if NCAA, NIT, CBI, etc.)
5) Leading scorer and how many points per game
6) Leading rebounder and how many rebounds per game
7) TIEBREAKER. Player with most minutes per game and how many.

And finally here are your winners.

1) Regular season record (18-13): We had 82 entries this season. Believe it or not we only had one contestant who correctly chose 18-13. The committee is torn on whether he is a real fan or not. We pictured him sitting on his Barcalounger today rooting for the L so he can add Iggy Award Winner to his resume. Without any further ado, the first Iggy of the evening goes to Bomber Orange.

2) ACC Regular Season record (9-9). We had four contestants who correctly selected 9-9. Thanks for the optimism.
th

We had to go to the special tiebreaker which involves the player who led the team with most minutes played per game. We all know it was Trevor Cooney who at one point this season was averaging more than 40 minutes per game. Some will argue that playing that many minutes will affect your shooting stroke. White Hot disproved that theory as his shooting percentage became worse after he played less minutes per game and overall his average dropped to 37.2 mpg. The winner of the tiebreaker, and the only one of the four who selected TC, and is therefore the winner of the 2nd Iggy of the is OrangeAl.

3) ACC Tournament Record. This is a great time for a public service announcement by the Iggy committee. We have decided that the real reason that Syracuse chose not to play in the ACC Tournament this season was because, contrary to popular opinion, the Italian food in Greensboro really sucks. No matter how JAB tries to play nice with the folks from Tobacco Road, the veal chops and the cannolis do not compare to the food up north. We have taken a one year exile but promise our fans that next year in Washington DC that they will be able to eat until their hearts are content. Inexplicably, none of our 82 contestants selected 0-0 as our ACCT record.

4) Post season record. Yes, this category is a touchy subject for some. Pretty much everyone in this nice family photo.
th

Some will argue "Wait until next year". Unfortunately for Rak, due to this guy, he won't get a chance to add to his great senior season.
th

5) Leading scorer. Rak 17.6 ppg. Only four out of 82 chose Rak as leading the team in scoring this year. Boy, do we all suck. In fact the closest of those four thought that Rak was going to average 14.8 ppg. We almost had to institute a new rule that you had to be within 2.5 points, but in a close vote, the committee relented to allow this sub par selection to win. So, we are proud to announce that the 3rd Iggy of the evening goes to KaiserUEO.

6) Leading rebounder. Rak 9.0. We had a lot of contestants pick Rak for this one. However everyone underestimated how good Rak was going to be this year. In a very close category, we are happy to award the 4th Iggy of the evening to JackBauer44 who guessed 8.8.

7) Minutes per game. Trevor Cooney 37.2. Normally we only use this category for tiebreakers but we decided to be generous with our extra Iggy's so in another very close contest, we award the last Iggy of the evening to pfister1 who guessed 37.8 and who beat out KaiserUEO by 0.1.

Last edited:
I honestly forgot about the Iggy's until after the UVA game and checked out my prediction realizing that I was close to nailing the Regular season record (obviously the most prestigious one). But seriously it was quite a downer to see that prediction come true. At the same time I found it quite easy to make that prediction...not the record, but a subpar season (and if we didn't self impose I know I was one of a few who predicted an NIT berth). Heading into the season after losing Ennis, Grant, & Fair I couldn't for the life of me figure out who would score. I was pleasantly surprised by Rak and Gbinije, but I clearly saw one of the least talented teams we've had in awhile. I think this team actually overachieved & they showed tremendous heart. Looking forward, I like next years team and see them back in the dance.

Give Kaiser his due just for predicting Rak would make that much of a jump...
You're absolutely right. Most people wouldn't have picked Rak in the top two or top three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom