Here we go again | Syracusefan.com

Here we go again

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
worst city , worst stadium, worst urinals, worst fans, now worst coach. Can we get another news organization so I can dump these guys. Brent we lost a lot last year what did you expect. Here Brent I'll give you the formula Many wins = media says good coach
Many losses = media says bad coach

storange said:
worst city , worst stadium, worst urinals, worst fans, now worst coach. Can we get another news organization so I can dump these guys. Brent we lost a lot last year what did you expect. Here Brent I'll give you the formula Many wins = media says good coach Many losses = media says bad coach

Journo's regurgitate negative opinions to get clicks and other horrible by products of the Internet

I looked, I couldn't find anywhere on Syracuse.com where they reported the story about 64% of the football team having a 3.0 or higher.....thats admirable.

storange said:
I looked, I couldn't find anywhere on Syracuse.com where they reported the story about 64% of the football team having a 3.0 or higher...thats admirable.

Here's the headline: "Syracuse Football: Players TOO good at school?"

worst city , worst stadium, worst urinals, worst fans, now worst coach. Can we get another news organization so I can dump these guys. Brent we lost a lot last year what did you expect. Here Brent I'll give you the formula Many wins = media says good coach
Many losses = media says bad coach
thing that jumped out at me about that list is that the ACC has pretty good coaches. big change from lots of years in the big east.

It's a results oriented business. When you lose 11 out of your last 16... articles like this will pop up.

I love the pee troughs.

I've traveled through much of the united states, and as a soon to be young professional, I'd love to stay and live in Syracuse. Great city, even better when you become an adult.

Here's why I can't take these lists seriously - We all know that if SU had averaged 9 wins a year over the past 5 years with everything else being the same, the Dome would magically become one of the better venues in the ACC using the exact same criteria. And of course, Syracuse would be an excellent college town too.

The Dome is one of the premier places to watch a college basketball game, yet the exact same venue is considered a drab concrete dump for football games. I wonder what the difference is

These lists are just a way to fill the content void in the offseason

I love the pee troughs. I've traveled through much of the united states, and as a soon to be young professional, I'd love to stay and live in Syracuse. Great city, even better when you become an adult.
Taken out of context, this reads like something from an Adam Sandler or Will Farrel movie.

Here's why I can't take these lists seriously - We all know that if SU had averaged 9 wins a year over the past 5 years with everything else being the same, the Dome would magically become one of the better venues in the ACC using the exact same criteria. And of course, Syracuse would be an excellent college town too.

The Dome is one of the premier places to watch a college basketball game, yet the exact same venue is considered a drab concrete dump for football games. I wonder what the difference is

Well we have the largest indoor basketball stadium in all of Division 1. Most teams play in tiny little arenas that are just as outdated or worse. Now shift to football, death valley we are NOT!

Well we have the largest indoor basketball stadium in all of Division 1. Most teams play in tiny little arenas that are just as outdated or worse. Now shift to football, death valley we are NOT!

Eh, fans make the stadium. They also make the atmosphere and make the tradition.

The Dome was plenty good when we had 47+K in it regularly in the 90s cheering on an exciting team that often beat ranked opponents.

Eh, fans make the stadium. They also make the atmosphere and make the tradition.

The Dome was plenty good when we had 47+K in it regularly in the 90s cheering on an exciting team that often beat ranked opponents.
Hey I like the Dome, wouldn't trade it for anything and completely agree that when it's rockin' it can be very exciting. My point was to outside observers, the Dome isn't exactly in the upper-echelon of football stadiums.

I take it the people who always complain about how "run down" and "out of date" the Dome is don't spend much time at Fenway Park or Cameron Indoor.

Exactly. It's a huge double standard. If SU fans packed the Dome to watch teams contending for ACC titles, "run down" and "out of date" magically becomes "unique venue with a lot of charm/character."

Exactly. It's a huge double standard. If SU fans packed the Dome to watch teams contending for ACC titles, "run down" and "out of date" magically becomes "unique venue with a lot of charm/character."
Yep. And I went to Pauley Pavilion about 12 years ago, and even then I was struck by how generally crappy it was. It's a glorified high school gym, but it's this mecca because of UCLA's past success. Definite double standard.

Hey I like the Dome, wouldn't trade it for anything and completely agree that when it's rockin' it can be very exciting. My point was to outside observers, the Dome isn't exactly in the upper-echelon of football stadiums.

I get it. But I've seen lists from "outside observers" that tout the Yale Bowl as being a great venue -- and that's a crumbling mess that is generally 80% empty and hosts FCS games.

In other words, outside observers don't know much of anything.

I hear you, but just to play devil's advocate, basketball games at the dome are premier because of attendance/noise relative to other basketball games (including NBA). Most arenas hold less than 20k capacity. Its obviously different for football but a full dome with active fan participation could inevitably hold its own versus other college football experiences. We just have to get back to that point one day.

whats funny is the dome is so much better for football than basketball.

These lists are awful, and the syracuse.com folks post them because they get traffic. Who cares what Athlon says, but apparently many readers do, so the posts won't stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom