Here's a challenge, find the date of the spring game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Here's a challenge, find the date of the spring game

As someone who works with a college sports website as part of my day job, you HAVE TO have pertinent information readily available. Nothing should be more than 2 or 3 clicks on your website or else people will give up on finding information. This is college sports website building and maintenance 101.

As someone who works with a college sports website as part of my day job, you HAVE TO have pertinent information readily available. Nothing should be more than 2 or 3 clicks on your website or else people will give up on finding information. This is college sports website building and maintenance 101.

All I'm trying to say. The date change is so substantial it needs to be noted in every release, every article, and fixed on the team page.

GoSU96 said:
All I'm trying to say. The date change is so substantial it needs to be noted in every release, every article, and fixed on the team page.

This is what you should have said.

Marketing means putting the date everywhere.

Not being able to find something on the Internet is almost always user error.

This is what you should have said.

Marketing means putting the date everywhere.

Not being able to find something on the Internet is almost always user error.

I didn't need to find it, it's at the top of this forum.

I found it remarkable that to two PRIMARY of sources of information on the program didn't provide the date in a similar manner. Here's the point ace, you shouldn't have to search for it.

The last thing it should be is stated once buried in some archived article from over a month ago.

I didn't need to find it, it's at the top of this forum.

I found it remarkable that to two PRIMARY of sources of information on the program didn't provide the date in a similar manner. Here's the point ace, you shouldn't have to search for it.

The last thing it should be is stated once buried in some archived article from over a month ago.

Dude. I get that. I agree.

But the OP was suggesting that people couldn't find something on the internet. The premise is off. No big deal - but you could have just said it without getting cute.

TheCusian said:
Dude. I get that. I agree. But the OP was suggesting that people couldn't find something on the internet. The premise is off. No big deal - but you could have just said it without getting cute.

I think most of us got the point of his OP. I didn't take it as a question asking when it was. He was mocking them.

Dude. I get that. I agree.

But the OP was suggesting that people couldn't find something on the internet. The premise is off. No big deal - but you could have just said it without getting cute.

I said it was a challenge, not impossible.

The premise wasn't off, it was right on point.

You want to keep being obtuse and defending the incompetence, go for it.

The point is, if you want people to support the program and go to the Spring Game, you shouldn't make them do the work to find out when it is. Deliver the info to them as simply as possible.

I think most of us got the point of his OP. I didn't take it as a question asking when it was. He was mocking them.

There's zero point in keeping this going as it's a rather minor thing. My point was that if you phrase the thing as a challenge and that challenge is finding something on the internet (even being sarcastic/cute) - it's probably a bad premise.

But let's just all rest in the knowledge that yes, they are incompetent.

The point is, if you want people to support the program and go to the Spring Game, you shouldn't make them do the work to find out when it is. Deliver the info to them as simply as possible.

When you click on the football section of Cuse.com, the Spring Game info should bite you right in the ass.

Maybe they'll update the page ... on April 5th.

When you click on the football section of Cuse.com, the Spring Game info should bite you right in the ass.

Exactly. The next big event for each team should be very noticeable on the front page of their section. It's really not that hard....

Joe Giansante has a lot going on. It's hard to follow Ducks baseball out here on the East Coast and then there is all the talk about Mariota's draft status...cut the guy some slack.

I don't actually update our company website. I'm not quite that web-savvy. But in my job in communications, I work with our web team on placing information on our website. That was one of the first things we learned.

I mean...why not put up a splash page? People can opt out of it, and then if they complain about not knowing when the spring game is later, tough. It's their own fault. But put it SOMEWHERE for people to see.

We got a letter from HC. Game is 4/4 @1pm
cool - HC is sending a letter to everyone telling them when the game will be - game should be very well attended this year..... by player's family members :bang:

Easter weekend.

No lax game following as a draw.

Not appealing as an out of towner.

There's zero point in keeping this going as it's a rather minor thing. My point was that if you phrase the thing as a challenge and that challenge is finding something on the internet (even being sarcastic/cute) - it's probably a bad premise.

But let's just all rest in the knowledge that yes, they are incompetent.
It's not the the original error that's the worst, it's always the coverup.

Easter weekend.

No lax game following as a draw.

Not appealing as an out of towner.

If they're selling beer at the game and the bars are open afterwords, it's as appealing as it's going to be. If I recall, this is how you and I met, one Spring game day. You driving me, Millhouse and Little Joe from some bar Jake brought us to out in East bumf*** Syracuse (felt like Utica), to the downtown area, with One Shining Moment playing in your car the whole time.

Can't believe I remember that.

If they're selling beer at the game and the bars are open afterwords, it's as appealing as it's going to be. If I recall, this is how you and I met, one Spring game day. You driving me, Millhouse and Little Joe from some bar Jake brought us to out in East bumf*** Syracuse (felt like Utica), to the downtown area, with One Shining Moment playing in your car the whole time.

Can't believe I remember that.

I believe Jake is a big Shifty's fan, I think that was it.

There was also the time we all went to the Change of Pace after the 2003 spring game and watched the NC replay. That might have been all the same day.

GoSU96 said:
I believe Jake is a big Shifty's fan, I think that was it. There was also the time we all went to the Change of Pace after the 2003 spring game and watched the NC replay. That might have been all the same day.

I think it was. You guys drove me all over the greater metro area to random bars. I had no idea where I was until closing the bender at PJ Dorsey's with Lil Joe up on a speaker dancing to Def Leppard and terrifying the 20 something patrons.

Chip said:
If they're selling beer at the game and the bars are open afterwords, it's as appealing as it's going to be. If I recall, this is how you and I met, one Spring game day. You driving me, Millhouse and Little Joe from some bar Jake brought us to out in East bumf*** Syracuse (felt like Utica), to the downtown area, with One Shining Moment playing in your car the whole time. Can't believe I remember that.
I sprained my cankle reenacting the block when we got out of the car

Chip said:
I think it was. You guys drove me all over the greater metro area to random bars. I had no idea where I was until closing the bender at PJ Dorsey's with Lil Joe up on a speaker dancing to Def Leppard and terrifying the 20 something patrons.
Great friggin day

That's right, Lil Joe table dancing at Dorsey's.

cuseguy said:
Easter weekend. No lax game following as a draw. Not appealing as an out of towner.
There is a ladies game at 10am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom