Hey Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Hey Clemson

You boo injured players (even on offense) and rush the field when you beat Syracuse.

You should feel bad!
We "rush the field" every game. It's called "gathering at the paw" and it's been a tradition for a while. Pretty cool actually, gives kids a chance to meet players and coaches and get gloves, wristbands, etc. And yes the booing is inexcusable.

The booing of the injuries was easily the most classless thing i have ever seen at a college football game. I asked some of the sane clemson fans why... something about the uga game LAST year. I couldn't believe how tasteless these fans were with injuries... especially when our offensive player goes down. Those fans were either completely classless or completely clueless to why they were booing. or both. but it was an absolute disgrace. there is no other way to put it.

And its sad too... walking into the game, the clemson fans were VERY nice. i got about 10 compliments on my old school mcnabb jersey, 1 from about 75 feet away and across the street: "great jersey! welcome to clemson, have a great time!" but instead of walking away from the game thinking their fans were nice, i walked away thinking they were the worst fans I've ever seen.

You boo injured players (even on offense) and rush the field when you beat Syracuse.

You should feel bad!
I do feel bad. This win feels a lot like a loss.

We played badly in the win. Yet won.

As far as booing players that are down. That is embarassing, but if you knew the history of how many times teams have obviously employed this against us, you'd be a little understanding.

Every game, we go onto the field; and every game the opposite fanbases posts how amazing it is that we storm the field. If it was a field storming, should you not be flattered? So why the hate?

Frankly, the posters on this board seem to be itching to be angry about anything and everything. Are Cuse fans fuedl by rage??

Good luck the rest of the season. I understand your frustration and hope you find some wins to make you happy.

Same experience for me. Everybody was nice on the way in... the booing of injured players just ruined all the good mojo. A real shame. I'm not sure I'll be making the trip again, even if it is only 2 hours from my house.

Every game, we go onto the field; and every game the opposite fanbases posts how amazing it is that we storm the field. If it was a field storming, should you not be flattered? So why the hate?
There's no hate. The whole "Hey <opponent>" <fill in some stuff> "You should feel bad!" thing is a board meme that's been going on for a while, typically on the basketball side. Without that background I could see how you'd feel that way.

As far as booing players that are down. That is embarassing, but if you knew the history of how many times teams have obviously employed this against us, you'd be a little understanding.

ummm, no.

your fans actually booed injured players. it was the most insane thing I've ever seen. most classless thing I've ever seen at an opposing stadium/arena. there is no excuse for that. especially when we were on offense. you are just as classless for making that excuse, no offense.

Douche Valley. Good defense, but their fans showed a total lack of class. Where are all these lovely Clemmy fans people keep talking about? All I've seen is rude drunks with drawls.

The booing of our players on offense is what disgusted me.

Look in the game thread, I was adamantly defending the booing as something many crowds, including possibly ours, would do if as soon as they go uptempo, boom, players start dropping with minor injuries and then coming right back in. Honestly, I don't have much of an issue with the booing of that on defense. It sucks, I wouldn't do it, but if I was Clemson I might be like dude, c'mon, get up.

HOWEVER, our players getting injured on offense does nothing but make them miss a play and for as knowledgeable as Clemson football fans seem to be, you should know you are already dictating tempo when you're on offense, no need for us to "fake" injury.

Fwiw, I think a lot of you are overreacting. It wasn't cool but its not something to be enraged about at the entire Clemson fan base over

The booing of our players on offense is what disgusted me.

Look in the game thread, I was adamantly defending the booing as something many crowds, including possibly ours, would do if as soon as they go uptempo, boom, players start dropping with minor injuries and then coming right back in. Honestly, I don't have much of an issue with the booing of that on defense. It sucks, I wouldn't do it, but if I was Clemson I might be like dude, c'mon, get up.

HOWEVER, our players getting injured on offense does nothing but make them miss a play and for as knowledgeable as Clemson football fans seem to be, you should know you are already dictating tempo when you're on offense, no need for us to "fake" injury.

Fwiw, I think a lot of you are overreacting. It wasn't cool but its not something to be enraged about at the entire Clemson fan base over

I see what you were saying, but you weren't at the game. I don't know how it was portrayed on TV... but it was the entire stadium. I've honestly never seen anything like it.

I see what you were saying, but you weren't at the game. I don't know how it was portrayed on TV... but it was the entire stadium. I've honestly never seen anything like it.
Understandable. It sounded loud on tv but Clemson wasn't expecting to be in a dogfight with us, fans were on edge and are crazy passionate about football. As soon as they find an offense that works against our defense, our players start getting dinged up and then coming right back in. I get it. I'm not going to be mad over that. I've seen UGA fans do the same. I don't know if people understand how much CFB is life down here. That being said, booing offensive injuries makes no sense and just comes off as classless but I think people are going a little too far with the anger about this.

Southern football fans come off like this to me. SUPER NICE before and after the game. During the game, they act like he only thing that matters is football because down here...it kinda is.

ummm, no.

your fans actually booed injured players. it was the most insane thing I've ever seen. most classless thing I've ever seen at an opposing stadium/arena. there is no excuse for that. especially when we were on offense. you are just as classless for making that excuse, no offense.

I was at the game as well. It started because we witnessed one of your players that was trailing a long gain to the red zone (think it was a dl) half jog down the field for a few steps, look at the sidelines, THEN go to his knees to his belly to grabbing the back of his leg. RESULT: Cuse gets a free TO to gather their wind and their wits for a red zone stand.

Several of the other guys went down during up tempo offense, usually during the red zone. That is the way it looked in the stands.

What you are not stating also (for the ones at the game) is when the entire stadium clapped for your injured player in the second half (the one where several of your players were on one knee in concern) when he was able to stand and walk off the field.

No excuse for the offensive player going down and boos. People at that point were exasperated at what was one definite 'flop', and several extremely timely minor injuries that resulted in timely stoppages of play.

I was at the game as well. It started because we witnessed one of your players that was trailing a long gain to the red zone (think it was a dl) half jog down the field for a few steps, look at the sidelines, THEN go to his knees to his belly to grabbing the back of his leg. RESULT: Cuse gets a free TO to gather their wind and their wits for a red zone stand.

i have no recollection of that. what play was it?

i remember 3 injuries. all 3 were obvious injuries. And the 1st injury, i was absolutely appalled at the clemson fan reactions. And no clemson fan said anything about our player faking an injury... it was always about UGA.

We played badly in the win. Yet won.

Frankly, the posters on this board seem to be itching to be angry about anything and everything. Are Cuse fans fuedl by rage??

Good luck the rest of the season. I understand your frustration and hope you find some wins to make you happy.
In what universe would anyone think that the offense we saw from Clemson last night would need to be slowed down by us faking injuries? And the stadium booed when we were injured on offense. There is no excuse for that even if the lame excuse for booing when Clemson was on offense was acceptable. Face it, Clemson fans boo when players on the other team get injured. Clemson is the West Virginia of the ACC.

Last edited:
I'm a clemson fan, though i must say i always disassociate myself from being part of any fan base (always have) in fact i've been banned off numerous clemson boards in the past for things i have said, I considered the booing of injured players pretty tasteless, and no it wasn't just 5 or 10% of the crowd like some have suggested it was closer to half the stadium at least, as i was at the game, i feel no need to stand up up for 60 year old drunk rednecks just because they are wearing a sweatshirt with the same college team i root for.
Yeah sure there are probably many good Clemson fans, but there are also many bad Clemson fans, and the bad outweighed the good from what i saw, i think i like watching games more on tv anyway, don't really like being cramped in with people trying to talk to me about the backup QB with beer breath, I think next time I'll just drive close to the game but watch it at a local establishment on the big screen, eat some good food while I enjoy the game and wont have to pay 50 dollars for parking and another 20 for a reheated hotdog and medium coke.

In what universe would anyone think that the offense we saw from Clemson last night would need to be slowed down by us faking injuries? And the stadium booed when we were injured on offense. There is no excuse for that even if lame excuse for booing when Clemson was on offense was acceptable. Face it, Clemson fans boo when players on the other team get injured. Clemson is the West Virginia of the ACC.
They moved the ball when they put that fast running back in and went up tempo. As soon as that happened we had players go down. It's not cool to boo but I don't understand why everyone is so angry about this. The booing of our offensive players who went down is a different story.

As far as booing players that are down. That is embarassing, BUT (emphasis added) if you knew the history of how many times teams have obviously employed this against us, you'd be a little understanding.

Oh no here comes the "but"...let me help you "it's embarrassing" than a period. If you knew the injury history of the players that went down on defense then you'd know they weren't faking. Then you jackasses booed injured players on our offense. :crazy: Disgraceful. Oh Lord BTW your offense sucked.

Some of our fans didn't put their best foot forward either. Flipping the double bird and screaming you Clemson, falling out your seat and on top of me because you were so drunk were some lowlights. Booing of our injured guys was bad. I don't expect the 80 thousand home fans to know when a guy is hurt or not though.

Several of the other guys went down during up tempo offense, usually during the red zone. That is the way it looked in the stands.

What you are not stating also (for the ones at the game) is when the entire stadium clapped for your injured player in the second half (the one where several of your players were on one knee in concern) when he was able to stand and walk off the field.

No excuse for the offensive player going down and boos. People at that point were exasperated at what was one definite 'flop', and several extremely timely minor injuries that resulted in timely stoppages of play.
80,000 people in a stadium during a play when a Clemson player makes a long gain into the red zone and all you guys are watching our DL trailing the play? Sure.

Last edited:
They moved the ball when they put that fast running back in and went up tempo. As soon as that happened we had players go down. It's not cool to boo but I don't understand why everyone is so angry about this. The booing of our offensive players who went down is a different story.
Are you really accusing the team you root for of purposely faking injuries in order to gain a competitive advantage in the game? IIRC we had players go down who were booed long before that Clemson RB started making big gains in the second half.

You people cry about us for a year on Tigernet an Shakin the Southland because our players, coaches and fans had the audacity to believe we could beat you. Your fan base has no basis to ever criticize anyone. I've never heard anything like that in college sports. Everything about your football program and fan base is classless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom