Hey ESPN, | Syracusefan.com

Hey ESPN,

And Rak had 6 fouls in the game according to your stats, and he still had not fouled out. Can you arrange that for the rest of the season? Will it be 7 before he fouls out? Just want to be clear on this.

Oh I see someone has fixed this since an hour after the game ended. Must be the "intern" who is sharper that the person dong the actual job.

You can always count on ESPN missing a couple baskets each game showing crowd reaction or the bench or whatever. I also enjoyed last night when they faded the camera away from the action so they could show a graphic. You could still see the game in the background but it wasn't a close shot - just like it was there as an
afterthought to this very important statistic they had to share right then. Their coverage is really awful for the most part. And they never seem to correct the issue of missing baskets when it constantly happens.

I don't get too worked up about announcers unless they constantly make factual errors - but this kind of stuff just drives me crazy

Totally agree. While we're on the subject, two of my biggest pet peeves (mostly see these in NBA broadcasts):

(1) Changing camera angles during live action. I hate it. Just hate it. We're all used to the standard/horizontal view of the court. When they randomly do some weird bird's eye view or zoom in or whatever it just makes it impossible to follow the action.

AND THE BIG ONE...
(2) When they show interviews with a coach or whoever, and they split the screen so it's like 1/2 game, 1/2 interview video, and the actual video of the live game action is now too small to see. THIS DRIVES ME INSANE! Seriously, is anyone in favor of this?

In espn's defense, as if they need one...for they don't and shouldn't, give a flyin F, when you play at 5, on a Friday...with football in full swing, I can't imagine we got the A production team.

Hey ESPN,
I'm out of material, so
emu.jpg

You should feel bad. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online