Hillsborough Disaster 25th anniversary | Syracusefan.com

Hillsborough Disaster 25th anniversary

Bortukal

All Conference
ImperialOrange

Ninety-six were crushed to death and hundreds more injured during an FA Cup semifinal featuring Liverpool v. Nottingham Forest at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, England. An ESPN 30 for 30 examines Britain's worst sports tragedy ever at 8 p.m. tonight. I've heard it is a stunning film.

A BBC investigation of the events and the ensuing government conspiracy that protected those responsible:

Last edited:
Hard to figure how a crowd that wasn't running away from anything could crush 96 people to death. I remember a spokesman at the time insisting that no one should say that the crowd was poorly behaved. I realize poor design, preparation and bad decision making by officials contributed but if there's no way to move foward, why would you move forward anyway?

Hard to figure how a crowd that wasn't running away from anything could crush 96 people to death. I remember a spokesman at the time insisting that no one should say that the crowd was poorly behaved. I realize poor design, preparation and bad decision making by officials contributed but if there's no way to move foward, why would you move forward anyway?

They opened an auxilary gate next to the turnstiles to relieve volume outside. The way the stadium is set the visable entrance to the stands was into that "pen" vs having to walk around to get into the corner "pens". There was noone inside directing traffic at all and the stands werent seating but standing platforms. When they overfilled some people tried to go back out the only entrance/exit but the rush of people coming in, not knowing the stand was full was greater thus everyone just kept getting pushed in. The main issue, of course was the fact that the "pens" were exactly that and meant for people to be kept in. The fact that they were so successful is the reason why people were crushed.

e6b58__62802744_hillsborough_slide05.gif

view-from-contrl-room-into-leppings-lane.jpg

packed_central_pens-annotated.jpg

ImperialOrange

Ninety-six were crushed to death and hundreds more injured during an FA Cup semifinal featuring Liverpool v. Nottingham Forest at Hillsborough Stadium in Sheffield, England. An ESPN 30 for 30 examines Britain's worst sports tragedy ever at 8 p.m. tonight. I've heard it is a stunning film.

A BBC investigation of the events and the ensuing government conspiracy that protected those responsible:

I just watched the BBC Panorama Hillsborough special last week. It's an hour long but worth the watch for greater understanding. I'll watch the one you link as well though so thank you. I honestly didn't have a tenth of the understanding until I watched this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2L_8sj6Wyc

The police's unwillingness to do anything while this was happening, and the cover up with help from the media is equal parts disgusting and infuriating.

Last edited:
I saw the show and understood that the design of it and the lack of proper directions were big issues. But it still doesn't make sense that people walking forward and not in a panic would crush people. But they certainly did.

hillborough%20stadium%20disater%202.jpg

u9IgAKb.jpg

01-crush

x213200517217460050_5.jpg

I just watched the BBC Panorama Hillsborough special last week. It's an hour long but worth the watch for greater understanding. I'll watch the one you link as well though so thank you.
I believe they are one in the same.

The whole event is really fascinating on a tragic way, especially when it's considered how avoidable it was and how Hillsborough was the scene if another awful incident in 1981.

I believe they are one in the same.

The whole event is really fascinating on a tragic way, especially when it's considered how avoidable it was and how Hillsborough was the scene if another awful incident in 1981.

Appears so. My phone loads youtube clips but at work (where I'm at 80+% of the time) it just loads blank, black boxes where the clip should be.

The fact that other teams had complaints prior and both pool and forest wanted the venue changed is pretty telling. It was chilling watching the crowd before the man city match the other day when they showed the one lady that is in that documentary in the stands and someone else with the banner saying "we told you they lied".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom