Holy Cross on 2014-15 schedule... | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross on 2014-15 schedule...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
@JonRothstein: Syracuse will host Holy Cross at the Carrier Dome as part of its 2014-15 non-conference schedule, source told @CBSSports.

so far Michigan,st johns,nova, texas,iowa,California(2 of 3), 2 home 2 k sports opponents in November,long beach state,holy cross, Binghamton,cornell plus 2 opponents is looking like our non conference slate next year. 2 opponents im guessing are colgate and eastern michigan

so far Michigan,st johns,nova, texas,iowa,California(2 of 3), 2 home 2 k sports opponents in November,long beach state,holy cross, Binghamton,cornell plus 2 opponents is looking like our non conference slate next year. 2 opponents im guessing are colgate and eastern michigan
I don't think eastern mich. Rob Murphy said last year that he had had enough.

We will play 4 games for 1 in the 2K Sports Classic
@Michigan
St. John's
@Villanova
Binghamton
Cornell
Long Beach State
Holy Cross
then I bet one of the last two HAS TO BE Colgate and then 1 TBA.

Not a bad slate for a raw and young team. Should give us a good evaluation headed into ACC play.

according to a poster on ncaabbs board holy cross will visit the dome on 11/28

This is an OOC schedule Ive longed for in years past. Not as much this season, as we may actually lose some of these games. But as SoBeCuse said, it will be a good measuring stick and should help with ACC play, if we value those games more than OOC games. I hope this kind of OOC tradition continues into the future. I dont mind a moderate number of creampuffs in the dome(we've seen even they aren't always gimmes), but winning games like these will help build credibility that some on here crave, as well as provide better stepping stones toward growth than this team is used to. Kudos to whomever was in charge in this shift in philosophy.

Andy Katz in his 3 point blog said its likely Syracuse will be matched up with our West Coast nemesis Calfornia for the 3rd straight year in the 2K Sports Classic as the organizers would prefer a Syracuse vs. Texas final.

I don't think eastern mich. Rob Murphy said last year that he had had enough.

We play Michigan on Tuesday, December 2nd. Why can't Boeheim give Rob Murphy a return trip five miles away to the Convocation Center at EMU on that Saturday?

Andy Katz in his 3 point blog said its likely Syracuse will be matched up with our West Coast nemesis Calfornia for the 3rd straight year in the 2K Sports Classic as the organizers would prefer a Syracuse vs. Texas final.

28isphv.jpg

We play Michigan on Tuesday, December 2nd. Why can't Boeheim give Rob Murphy a return trip five miles away to the Convocation Center at EMU on that Saturday?
JB doesn't like Rob Murphy that much. Cripes, JB doesn't like Julie that much to play at EMU.

To quote Randy Moss :"Straight cash homie" Syracuse can play anybody at the Dome and get atleast 18k people to attend. I doubt EMU's home arena holds more than 10k.

Its why Michigan doesn't like playing road non-conference football games because of the $$$ they draw. SU basketball is one of the few BB than can make a lot of money in attendance because of the Dome.

To quote Randy Moss :"Straight cash homie" Syracuse can play anybody at the Dome and get atleast 18k people to attend. I doubt EMU's home arena holds more than 10k.

Its why Michigan doesn't like playing road non-conference football games because of the $$$ they draw. SU basketball is one of the few BB than can make a lot of money in attendance because of the Dome.
Oh, word?
tumblr_mvcv4vnUR31r0jlbgo1_500.gif

If Michigan and Michigan State are willing to play there, and Cal is willing to travel across the country so their coach can give his understudy a game, then SU can get over themselves and do it.

Hope we see Texas. Their frontcourt will be a load this year, it will be a good test for Rak/McCullough/Roberson

Absolutely. That Ridley and co. are a load to handle. They improved a lot second half of the season.

If Michigan and Michigan State are willing to play there, and Cal is willing to travel across the country so their coach can give his understudy a game, then SU can get over themselves and do it.
So even though it wouldn't benefit Syracuse in any way, they should play at EMU. I disagree. We are doing them a big enough favor playing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom