Hope the Spurs can close out the Clippers Thursday | Syracusefan.com

Hope the Spurs can close out the Clippers Thursday

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
I can't stand the Clippers. All style and no substance. Yay lob city look at our sportscenter highlights and the farthest they've gotten is the 2nd round. Griffin is soft and CP3 is a punk ass bitch.

this has been a terrific series; I love the Spurs but I hope this one goes 7.

and I think you are being unfair to the Clips. Losing in the first round this year is just a fluke of scheduling - this is a Conference Finals-worthy matchup (and is being played like it, by both squads). The Clips and the Spurs are two of the 5 best teams in the Association, IMO.

and I think you are being unfair to the Clips. Losing in the first round this year is just a fluke of scheduling - this is a Conference Finals-worthy matchup (and is being played like it, by both squads). The Clips and the Spurs are two of the 5 best teams in the Association, IMO.

The crazy part about this series is the Spurs are up 3-2 with their starting backcourt shooting 30% overall and 20 percent overall from three. Parker is pretty beat up right now, but Green is due for a game where he goes off and hits 5 or 6 threes.

Love the Clips and yeah the Spurs are a bad match-up for them. Spurs/Clips will beat Houston in the next round and the WCF with GSW should be interesting. Hoping Deandre can shoot 50% tonite from the line and steal another road win to bring it back to Staples.

I think 5 is too high a number even; they're 2 of the 4 best in my opinion. And now they have game 7 on their home court.

Short turn around favors the Clips for tmrw. The loss of Big Baby is concerning though defensively for when Blake is resting. Will be interesting to see who Doc uses as the replacement, Hawes has the size but hasn't played much at all.

Short turn around favors the Clips for tmrw. The loss of Big Baby is concerning though defensively for when Blake is resting. Will be interesting to see who Doc uses as the replacement, Hawes has the size but hasn't played much at all.

In game 7, not sure how much rest Blake is gonna get anyway. Depending on the lineups the Spurs have out there maybe they go small with Barnes?

I think 5 is too high a number even; they're 2 of the 4 best in my opinion. And now they have game 7 on their home court.

And with Love & Sefolosha both out, that knocks their teams down and puts the Clips & Spurs as 2 of the 3 best at the moment.

this is a defining moment for the Clippers franchise. Much as I love the Spurs, I think I am rooting for the Clips tomorrow night. I'll be thinking of my Dad, who was a Buffalo Braves fan back in the days of Randy Smith, Bob McAdoo & Ernie D

And with Love & Sefolosha both out, that knocks their teams down and puts the Clips & Spurs as 2 of the 3 best at the moment.

this is a defining moment for the Clippers franchise. Much as I love the Spurs, I think I am rooting for the Clips tomorrow night. I'll be thinking of my Dad, who was a Buffalo Braves fan back in the days of Randy Smith, Bob McAdoo & Ernie D

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Love;' I'd like to see how they play without him but you're probably right

In game 7, not sure how much rest Blake is gonna get anyway. Depending on the lineups the Spurs have out there maybe they go small with Barnes?
One of the best games I've seen Barnes play in a Clippers uniform. Hope CP3 can get some rest but honestly, if he was able to do that on one leg, watch out Houston. Clips comin for ya Dwight.

One of the best games I've seen Barnes play in a Clippers uniform. Hope CP3 can get some rest but honestly, if he was able to do that on one leg, watch out Houston. Clips comin for ya Dwight.

Houston's loss last night was the worst loss of the entire playoffs. They lost to a team who didn't play a PG. They let Josh Smith and Corey Brewer shoot a combined 24 shots. Harden turned it over 9 times, and they gave up 71 in the second half. Maybe thought without CP 3 they could sleep walk through the game, but Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford made up for his production. That being said, Blake was unbelievable last night. Best player on the court.

Glad you brought up the 71 points cuz nobody seems to be talking about that, just focusing on CP3 missing the game. Houston can't be taken seriously with the way they play defense. Yes they beat the Mavs in 5 but most games were still close in the 4th qtr and were basically offensive shootouts.

Houston's loss last night was the worst loss of the entire playoffs. They lost to a team who didn't play a PG. They let Josh Smith and Corey Brewer shoot a combined 24 shots. Harden turned it over 9 times, and they gave up 71 in the second half. Maybe thought without CP 3 they could sleep walk through the game, but Austin Rivers and Jamal Crawford made up for his production. That being said, Blake was unbelievable last night. Best player on the court.
I think you are right; the Rockets thought it was in the bag with CP3 out. And when the Clippers punched them in the face, they showed the heart of a pretender.

I think you are right; the Rockets thought it was in the bag with CP3 out. And when the Clippers punched them in the face, they showed the heart of a pretender.
gotta call myself out as being badly wrong here: the Rockets have shown true heart in this series and are worthy contenders. Especially Dwight, whom a lot of people wrote off after the ways he left Orlando & Los Angeles. MVP caliber performances in this series.

Actually, I'd love to see Dwight win a title, after Jeannie Buss went on the radio and declared, without naming names, that "anyone who doesn't want to play for the Lakers is a loser."

gotta call myself out as being badly wrong here: the Rockets have shown true heart in this series and are worthy contenders. Especially Dwight, whom a lot of people wrote off after the ways he left Orlando & Los Angeles. MVP caliber performances in this series.

Actually, I'd love to see Dwight win a title, after Jeannie Buss went on the radio and declared, without naming names, that "anyone who doesn't want to play for the Lakers is a loser."

Its going to be one of the worst series collapses of all time if the Rockets pull this out.

I'm waiting for the "Chris Paul is a loser and not clutch and can't close" thread on the board. Oh wait, that won't happen because those posters are emotion based and have nothing to do with reality/stats. Because if they did, the Chris Paul posts would be starting right...about...now.

44cuse

I'm waiting for the "Chris Paul is a loser and not clutch and can't close" thread on the board. Oh wait, that won't happen because those posters are emotion based and have nothing to do with reality/stats. Because if they did, the Chris Paul posts would be starting right...about...now.

44cuse

Chris Paul deserves some blame. He blew it last year, and he had a stretch today where Prigioni outplayed him. They already changed the coach once, so who do you blame now? Vinny Del Negro is smiling today.

Cusefan0307 said:
Chris Paul deserves some blame. He blew it last year, and he had a stretch today where Prigioni outplayed him. They already changed the coach once, so who do you blame now? Vinny Del Negro is smiling today.

I'd chalk most of it up to Doc and in reality a Houston team that is playing well. Coming into the Playoffs (as a W's fan) I was most concerned about the way the Clips were playing. Two seven game series really took their toll IMO. Given the state of the West, it's just really tough to get through.

But it just goes to show that this board is more about who they don't like than any objective NBA knowledge as demonstrated by the lack of CP sucks posts.

44cuse

How dumb does Phil Jackson look with his "3 point shooting doesnt win in the Playoffs"?...

Warriors
Hawks
Rockets
Cavs

Yup, good prediction Phil. Triangle for life ::rolls eyes::

Long live ISO ball.