(Hopefully) Ridiculous final bracketology from Foy/IL | Syracusefan.com

(Hopefully) Ridiculous final bracketology from Foy/IL

orange79

Internet Sleuth
upload_2016-5-8_17-26-35.png

We have to travel (albeit to Albany) after we won the toughest conference in the country and the Pups lost in their semis? Ludicrous.

orange79 said:
We have to travel (albeit to Albany) after we won the toughest conference in the country and the Pups lost in their semis? Ludicrous.

And then, if we win, get the top seed in Maryland.

Does this guy throw darts to make his picks?

An 11-4 SU team who beat UNC and Duke to win the ACC title is a 9 seed but a 7 loss Duke team who just whacked by SU is a 6 seed and a Marquette team who lost by 30 to Duke is a 7, Riiiiiigggghhhhtttttttttttttttttttt

Exactly. The numbers don't seem to add up here. That bracket is suspect.

Exactly. The numbers don't seem to add up here. That bracket is suspect.
I could see Cuse (6) Duke (7) Marquette (8). That being said, I don't see Marquette being a top 8 seed and Brown above Yale, who won the Ivy and beat Maryland.

I would love to be in the Providence bracket with Brown & Yale. I don't fear the Terps

I don't see Marquette being a top 8 seed

They don't have much of a resume. One win versus the field, if this were the bracket going in.

But they did just beat Denver in Denver, and they did have an OT loss in South Bend before getting wrecked at Duke. This team is a wild card, but as you said they shouldn't be hosting.

They don't have much of a resume. One win versus the field, if this were the bracket going in.

But they did just beat Denver in Denver, and they did have an OT loss in South Bend before getting wrecked at Duke. This team is a wild card, but as you said they shouldn't be hosting.
1 Top 5 win over Denver, 2 Top 20 wins (both Villanova). Not a stellar resume - especially when you compare them to the Syracuse record. Both 11-4, SU with 4 Top 20 wins, Marq with 3, SU with a higher SOS

CuseIsInTheHouse said:
Leaked bracket? Cuse 6 seed 729467525176672256

If so, we're likely headed to Columbus to play ND if we win.

Foy's votes in tomorrow's media poll. He releases his votes every Sunday night.
So, he has #6 Syracuse traveling to play #8 Albany in his IL bracket. :crazy:

OrangeXtreme said:
Foy's votes in tomorrow's media poll. He releases his votes every Sunday night.

Ah.

There you go.

I don't understand how you rank teams higher than others but seed them lower or don't include them in your bracket. I.E. Cuse >Albany, Rutgers>Hopkins. At least stay consistent with both

I don't understand how you rank teams higher than others but seed them lower or don't include them in your bracket. I.E. Cuse >Albany, Rutgers>Hopkins. At least stay consistent with both
In his defense, he said that his bracket is how he thinks the committee will interpret the data on the teams, and subsequently, how they will be seeded. The projections aren't his opinion on where teams stand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom