#Horngate at the Bills-Pats game yesterday | Syracusefan.com

#Horngate at the Bills-Pats game yesterday

Absolutely, I would rather lose with honor than win through systematic cheating over a 15 year period...I'm on record with that.

This seems egregious...it appears some intern charged with sounding the "3rd Down Horn" didn't understand on several occasions that the Patriots' center had touched the ball pre-snap thus even though the play clock likely still had at least 20 seconds on it that he/she should not have rang the horn. (nevermind the Center's hand was probably on the ball for 15-20 seconds as they "huddled" at the line in n0-huddle format, but whatever)

The article is pretty vague so this should all be considered "alleged", but let's assume it's true.

The Falcons were found guilty of systematically pumping in fake crowd noise at all their home games last year. This was not the Bills' issue, they had plenty of crowd noise. So the $350k fine, 5th round draft pick and and President suspension seems too much in relation. I would think a $200k fine would be appropriate for this offense, which could range anywhere from an honest mistake.

On the other hand, maybe Coach Ryan has established an illegal library of loud sounds deep in the bowls of the Ralph that two associates (one possibly named "the blarer"?) use to produce loud sounds on 2-3 plays during the game in violation of the rules. I think they should investigate, and IF they find such an extensive, illegal libary of compact discs I'd expect them to destroy 40-50 of them on-site and play about 6 of them to appease the masses that justice was done.

I think we need a through "independent" investigation into this matter. Why? because it is an integrity of the game issue. I mean if the Patriots are having to deal with noise that is illegally "pumping" decibles into the crowd it would be deflating for fans to have a game decided by a false start penalty that were caused by unnatural decible of noise and NE had a multiple false starts yesterday.

I just hope the NFL reviews its own memo it sent and investigates this case because as Jeff Pash said the NFL serves all 32 clubs.

No independent investigation necessary. There is nothing systemic here.

Chrissie the intern prob didn't understand the nuance of the no-huddle.

Pay the fine and move on.

It's what people who've argued the NFL screwed up because they didn't stop the Deflating BEFORE the AFC Championship game don't seem to grasp: Systemic vs. one-off.

No independent investigation necessary. There is nothing systemic here.

Chrissie the intern prob didn't understand the nuance of the no-huddle.

Pay the fine and move on.

It's what people who've argued the NFL screwed up because they didn't stop the Deflating BEFORE the AFC Championship game don't seem to grasp: Systemic vs. one-off.
How do we know it isn't systematic? How can we ensure that the integrity of the game has not been compromised?

How do we know it isn't systematic? How can we ensure that the integrity of the game has not been compromised?

I am assuming if opponents, either the Patriots the entire game or other opponents in different games, had been interrupted by extremely loud horns before they were running plays at the Ralph, that would be well-known.

I'm assuming that's not something you can hide.

I can appreciate the focus on the issue, and I think it's kind of funny, but I don't believe they're comparable.

I am assuming if opponents, either the Patriots the entire game or other opponents in different games, had been interrupted by extremely loud horns before they were running plays at the Ralph, that would be well-known.

I'm assuming that's not something you can hide.

I can appreciate the focus on the issue, and I think it's kind of funny, but I don't believe they're comparable.
How can you hide deflated footballs over a period of years when the refs handle them on every play?

I'm honestly surprised this story was written. I was at the game and can't recall a time that the horns blared besides immediately after 2nd down. The only thing I can think of is that they may have blared the horns after the refs came out for a measurement or something and perhaps by that point, the playclock was under 20 seconds. Otherwise, I'm not sure when this could have occurred.

The irony here is hilarious though.

On a semi-related note, the crowd noise thing bugs me when you can design a stadium to make it artificially loud, but you can't pump in artificial noise. I don't know; it seems like a non-issue to me personally. I get that crowd noise can make an impact on the game, but you basically allow some teams to get away with pumping in fake crowd noise by the way some stadiums are designed.

I'm honestly surprised this story was written. I was at the game and can't recall a time that the horns blared besides immediately after 2nd down. The only thing I can think of is that they may have blared the horns after the refs came out for a measurement or something and perhaps by that point, the playclock was under 20 seconds. Otherwise, I'm not sure when this could have occurred.

On a semi-related note, the crowd noise thing bugs me when you can design a stadium to make it artificially loud, but you can't pump in artificial noise. I don't know; it seems like a non-issue to me personally. I get that crowd noise can make an impact on the game, but you basically allow some teams to get away with pumping in fake crowd noise by the way some stadiums are designed.
I think it was written for click bait. Highly effective.

I believe its a non-story because it doesn't involve the Patriots. After the headset crap the previous week I just posted it because Orangeman loves to hammer the Patriots are cheaters narrative.
When I think crap like this irrelevant even though its a rules violation.

Alsacs said:
I believe its a non-story because it doesn't involve the Patriots. After the headset crap the previous week I just posted it because Orangeman loves to hammer the Patriots are cheaters narrative. When I think crap like this irrelevant even though its a rules violation.

I said the headset stuff was nothing, early on

I'm talking about bigger, deeper, systemic levels of cheating that went on for years. :)

Someday Armenia Keteyian (shudder) will write a book about it and I'll be vindicated

(Of course we're to believe that a grown man would just HAVE to grab a leak in the way to bring the balls out to he field...and he'd have to bring them into the bathroom with him)

Btw, that was all very solvable. Did they have film from the prior week's game of the same hallway and bathroom, and did heavy just happen to need the John then too? My guess is they have that, and you won't hear about it because the NFL wants to "punish" the Pats without doing too much damage to the game

Goodell and Kraft are just laughing at America, rolling around on a bed with hundos like in that Vegas movie

I'm talking about bigger, deeper, systemic levels of cheating that went on for years. :)

Someday Armenia Keteyian (shudder) will write a book about it and I'll be vindicated

(Of course we're to believe that a grown man would just HAVE to grab a leak in the way to bring the balls out to he field...and he'd have to bring them into the bathroom with him)

Btw, that was all very solvable. Did they have film from the prior week's game of the same hallway and bathroom, and did heavy just happen to need the John then too? My guess is they have that, and you won't hear about it because the NFL wants to "punish" the Pats without doing too much damage to the game

Goodell and Kraft are just laughing at America, rolling around on a bed with hundos like in that Vegas movie
Here is your guy Armen Keteyian on 60 Minutes on Sports w/a legal expert who isn't a Pats fan/

One thing is crystal clear - Brady just can't throw with a properly inflated football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom