Houston, we have a problem? | Syracusefan.com

Houston, we have a problem?

They have pretty deep pockets and a ton of rich boosters, they wont be irrelevant.

It very well could be my lack of knowledge on the whole thing but I just see Briles as radioactive. For me, it would be way too soon to be mixed up with him. Well, I never would want to be, period.

But... why?
He coached at UH before going to Baylor. He brought them back to relevance... even had RGIII committed to UH then got him to Baylor when he left. I think it is an over-reaction.

Desperation I guess, they don't want to become irrelevant.
The issue is that Houston is not a college town (outside of UT and A&M). Another is that UH is essentially like UCF in that it is a commuter school. One down year and they will lose support big time.

Who cares if he leaves? He hasn't been anything more than average this year. I certainly think he needs more time and I like this guy and his offensive scheme but I'm certainly not going to worry about a coach leaving after a 4-8 year because that just means he has no interest in being here. One thing to leave after some rebuilding and success, leaving after 1 year with 4 wins and a ton of bad losses is a Petrino type move.

Everyone deserves a second chance briles is a great coach that made some mistakes
No, not everyone deserves a second chance.
This clown clearly does not deserve a second chance. He enabled a culture of rape and do whatever you want with his football team. No way I would even think about giving him a second chance.

Who cares if he leaves? He hasn't been anything more than average this year. I certainly think he needs more time and I like this guy and his offensive scheme but I'm certainly not going to worry about a coach leaving after a 4-8 year because that just means he has no interest in being here. One thing to leave after some rebuilding and success, leaving after 1 year with 4 wins and a ton of bad losses is a Petrino type move.

:rolleyes: Just you apparently, this thread was about Briles ...

Not smart. Worst thing that can happen now is he leaves.

1 - Would leave a terrible perception of our administration, AD and commitment to football and a coach, any coach.
2 - Would destroy our recruiting class which is recruited specifically to his systems, both offense and defense.
3 - Would have kids on the team recruited to 2 diametrically opposing systems putting any coach in a pretty bad spot as to talent for his new incoming system.

Etc, etc, etc.

Would be very, very, very bad and #1 would be the worst.

Everyone deserves a second chance briles is a great coach that made some mistakes
I think this guy would agree -
upload_2016-11-26_18-2-25.jpeg

No, everyone deserves to be held accountable for their actions. He's a scumbag and should be seen as such for the rest of his life. He negatively impacted other lives in a way they will never be able to forget. He deserves no second chance, he deserves to be persecuted for being a worthless, spineless, POS.

No, everyone deserves to be held accountable for their actions. He's a scumbag and should be seen as such for the rest of his life. He negatively impacted other lives in a way they will never be able to forget. He deserves no second chance, he deserves to be persecuted for being a worthless, spineless, POS.

Best post ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom