How are our guys doing in NBA? | Syracusefan.com

How are our guys doing in NBA?

orange2win

2nd String
The numbers surprised me. I hadn't checked them in a while.

Carmelo Anthony - NY Knicks - $24,559,000
Wes Johnson - LA Clippers - $5,881,300
Michael Carter-Williams - Chicago Bulls - $3,183,000
Dion Waiters - Miami Heat - $2,898,000
Tyler Ennis - Houston Rockets - $1,773,000
Malachi Richardson - Sacramento Kings - $1,439,000
Chris McCullough - Brooklyn Nets - $1,191,000
Rakeem Christmas - Indiana Pacers - $1,052,300
Jerami Grant - Oklahoma City Thunder - $980,000
Michael Gbinije - Detroit Pistons - $650,000
Arinze Onuaku - Orlando Magic - $426,800

Saw Tyler Ennis play on Wednesday night. He only got in for the final minute of the game, in a blowout loss. Got a rebound / into the box score, but didn't see any meaningful floor time.

Saw Tyler Ennis play on Wednesday night. He only got in for the final minute of the game, in a blowout loss. Got a rebound / into the box score, but didn't see any meaningful floor time.

He still keeps cashing dem checks tho. :cool:

He's going to earn in 2 years, what it took me 2 decades to earn.

Will be an interesting offseason in free agency for our guys. I think MCW, Ennis, and Waiters are all going to hit the market.

Will be an interesting offseason in free agency for our guys. I think MCW, Ennis, and Waiters are all going to hit the market.

Had to check on Tyler, he had his option declined, so he'll be a FA. Dion will presumably opt out of $2.9 million for next year, and I think MCW could be a restricted FA if Chicago makes him the QO, which I am guessing they won't? So he could be unrestricted.

Had to check on Tyler, he had his option declined, so he'll be a FA. Dion will presumably opt out of $2.9 million for next year, and I think MCW could be a restricted FA if Chicago makes him the QO, which I am guessing they won't? So he could be unrestricted.

Hope that works out for Dion, but he hasn't done anything so far this season to prove that he's not anything more than the player that signed that measly contract. All his numbers this year are either on-par with or lower than his career averages.

Hope that works out for Dion, but he hasn't done anything so far this season to prove that he's not anything more than the player that signed that measly contract. All his numbers this year are either on-par with or lower than his career averages.

He had some bad market timing last year, if I remember correctly. There was a thought the thunder would make him a RFA and then they just cut him loose when most of the spending had been done. (I am doing this from memory, so i c ould be mistaken)

And so far, none of them are having strong seasons, with Waiters and MCW having missed a lot of time with injuries. Hopefully they can get healthy and have strong second halves.

He had some bad market timing last year, if I remember correctly. There was a thought the thunder would make him a RFA and then they just cut him loose when most of the spending had been done. (I am doing this from memory, so i c ould be mistaken)

Yeah they pulled their $6.8 million qualifying offer on July 18th. In hindsight, he probably should have taken that deal, but I'm sure he thought he could get a better deal with more years elsewhere.

OKC Thunder rescind qualifying offer to Dion Waiters, making him an unrestricted free agent

And so far, none of them are having strong seasons, with Waiters and MCW having missed a lot of time with injuries. Hopefully they can get healthy and have strong second halves.

MCW is getting a chance to start now at least with Rondo benched. (Though Rondo is now back in the rotation)

MCW would be an all-star if he could shoot at any level of respectability. Very frustrating to watch his potential on defense and with his vision and penetration on offense continually anchored by his inability to shoot.

Wes has been disappointing to me. Yes, he has been a solid role player and maintained being in the league which is insanely hard.

I just had higher hopes for him potentially being an all-star.

AO made only a fraction of that because he was cut before his guarantee kicked in.

Wes has been disappointing to me. Yes, he has been a solid role player and maintained being in the league which is insanely hard.

especially in Doc's system,he's a strong defender - it's keeping him in the league - but his shot just isn't there. it's amazing how much difference the NBA distance makes for even very good college shooters.

AO made only a fraction of that because he was cut before his guarantee kicked in.

especially in Doc's system,he's a strong defender - it's keeping him in the league - but his shot just isn't there. it's amazing how much difference the NBA distance makes for even very good college shooters.

Also his handle wasn't very good.

Another thing on Wes, he was a real bad 3 point shooter at Iowa State before his one year at SU; maybe that one year was a bit of a fluke? I dunno. But he's going to make at least $30 million in his career so...

Was watching the Knicks Bulls game last night and saw at halftime that Wes was the number 1 lowlight on Shaq's latest Top (or is it Bottom) 10 List. You know you're stinking up the joint when you make a mistake (or two) and the announcer says incredulously, "I've never seen that before in my life!"

Wesley Johnson personally gave up 2 baskets in 3 seconds

BTW, Derrick Rose played well after disappearing, as in the Knicks sent folks to his home to see if he was OK after just not showing up for a game, Monday. Bizarre situation.

Actually, that $438,310 earned this year was the fraction. He signed a one-year, $980,431 non-guaranteed deal at the start of the season.

He still keeps cashing dem checks tho. :cool:

He's going to earn in 2 years, what it took me 2 decades to earn.

Earn...I guess that's the modern day paradigm for present day athletes who sit the pine, etc. on all that presumed 'alleged potential,' but, really never do actually perform/truly 'earn' their keep.

You posting from work? Just asking.

Nope. I speculate you may be though due to your volume of posts, or possibly just one of those more fortunate ones whom has a lot of free time on their hands. ;):)

Nope. I speculate you may be though due to your volume of posts, or possibly just one of those more fortunate ones whom has a lot of free time on their hands. ;):)

I am. And I'm not taking shots at the work ethic of anyone in the league either.

Am I the only one who posts more frequently at work than at home?

I am. And I'm not taking shots at the work ethic of anyone in the league either.

Spare me. I wasn't questioning anyone's work ethic. It really was in jest, and how these guys get paid very handsomely based upon alleged potential, and not actual performance. Relax, and don't take yourself so seriously. Now, get to work and earn your keep. ;):)

Wes never had the handle or shot creating ability to be a star. He was destined to be a 3 and D type, but with better athletic than you'd usually see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom