How awesome... | Syracusefan.com

How awesome...

CanadianSU

Living Legend
Would a 5-0 start be? I think it is very very possible. We will easily go 2-0, then momentum will be on our side and take down Maryland. This leads us to one of the most important games in a few years. If we take down a very beatable ND team espn will defenitely start giving us some credit. I see this as a toss up. Louisville without Bridgewater...bam 5-0.

College game day at the Cuse and football will officially back. YEAH!!!!

The schedule sets up nicely. Starting 0-2 last year was a killer.

Would a 5-0 start be? I think it is very very possible. We will easily go 2-0, then momentum will be on our side and take down Maryland. This leads us to one of the most important games in a few years. If we take down a very beatable ND team espn will defenitely start giving us some credit. I see this as a toss up. Louisville without Bridgewater...bam 5-0.

I'm not quite sure about ND being 'very beatable'. Is it a winnable game? If we start 3-0 and have the momentum possibly...

Would love for your scenario to happen, and agree the schedule lines up nicely, but let's worry about Villanova and CMU before we start talking about 5-0.

I'm not quite sure about ND being 'very beatable'. Is it a winnable game? If we start 3-0 and have the momentum possibly...

Would love for your scenario to happen, and agree the schedule lines up nicely, but let's worry about Villanova and CMU before we start talking about 5-0.
We can play with anyone on our schedule but so can they play with us. This is going to be a fun year.

Dating myself here, but this schedule reminds me so much of the 87 season. Syracuse coming off some very average to disappointing seasons. Then they start the 87 season 5-0 going into a home game against the powerhouse Penn State. Opening play, freeze option pass to Rob Moore for an 80 yd TD! What a game. The place was going berserk., i swear i could feel the dome shaking.I still get chills thinking about that game. I think if we get To ND undefeated, it will be a very special year..
Btw, I miss the freeze option offense...sigh :(

Some words of caution, I am confident that the media powers that be, will give Louisville more credit for beating us than we would receive for besting them. Louisville beats us, Bobby Petrino is right back in the saddle at Louisville, ready to compete in ACC, they are great. Syracuse beats Louisville, they are struggling in their first year in the ACC, gonna take a year or two, understandably. That will be the general consensus from ESPN and the like. Win over Notre Dame and pretty much the same sentiments, they are down this year, bad game, blah, blah, blah! They win and ,well you know how the National media gushes over the ratings darling that they are. My point is, I too would love to get Gameday here. Not gonna happen though. We will get more and better press if a 5-0 start sets up a big game for us against the Noles, but not an appearance on Gameday. Conversely, Louisville or N.D. go into game against top 5 team and Corso and the boys are licking their chops! We are going to have to wow the media for a few more years before they give us the benefit of the doubt that we used to get before the G-Rob years.

Some words of caution, I am confident that the media powers that be, will give Louisville more credit for beating us than we would receive for besting them. Louisville beats us, Bobby Petrino is right back in the saddle at Louisville, ready to compete in ACC, they are great. Syracuse beats Louisville, they are struggling in their first year in the ACC, gonna take a year or two, understandably. That will be the general consensus from ESPN and the like. Win over Notre Dame and pretty much the same sentiments, they are down this year, bad game, blah, blah, blah! They win and ,well you know how the National media gushes over the ratings darling that they are. My point is, I too would love to get Gameday here. Not gonna happen though. We will get more and better press if a 5-0 start sets up a big game for us against the Noles, but not an appearance on Gameday. Conversely, Louisville or N.D. go into game against top 5 team and Corso and the boys are licking their chops! We are going to have to wow the media for a few more years before they give us the benefit of the doubt that we used to get before the G-Rob years.

We may not get an appearance on GameDay, but if we're 5-0 and FSU is undefeated, we have a chance of Corso wearing an Otto the Orange costume!

orangeinjersey said:
We have been absolutely blown out our last two gameday games. No thanks.

Boy I don't even remember that. When was that?

PSU-Michigan and Texas-Oklahoma are the only two games I could see getting gameday on Oct. 11th... There's a great chance if we're both undefeated but I really don't expect us to be.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/7

Just went in to the garage where I keep my football oracle (Mrs Crusty won't let me bring it into the house) and Crusty's Oracle says 5-0 it is. Oracle also said to pipe down and be happy we are even having this discussion without uproarious laughter. Oracle also asked, "What's an ESPN?"

We haven't been ranked since 2002. I will be thrilled if we can break that streak. Even if just for a week or two. Let's beat Nova first and take it from there!

I'm not guaranteeing it...

But if there was a year that we could start out 5-0 I think it's this one.

Personally I'll be thrilled with 1-0 first. ;)
I remember Coach Mac's weekly pressers in '87. "We're 1-0 and you can't be any better than that but that's one down, one to go. Now this Villanova team. They've got a lot of great kids. Their third string long snapper - great family. His mother drove through Syracuse once, stopped for gas and dropped a quarter. Went down a storm drain. So he'd like nothing more than to come into Syracuse and knock off an undefeated team...."

Since then I avoid the bad mojo and never go beyond 1 at a time!

I feel pretty good about 2-0. I don't get to say that all that often.

Even, gasp, 3-0.

Chip said:
I feel pretty good about 2-0. I don't get to say that all that often. Even, gasp, 3-0.

This program has blown a lot of chances over the years to get out to a good start and build some momentum.

If SU is really making the progress so many people here say we are, then 3-0 is a must.

orangeinjersey said:
can't tell if serious, but Miami beat us like 60-0 with Dorsey and RS frosh Vick torched us for 60 as well.

Oh I remember those games. I don't remember them being Gamedays. Shame on me, the only Gamedays I remember are for basketball.

Frickin Dorsey

Ha how about 7-0 heading to Clemson!
Ok back to reality...

People are really over looking the Maryland game. Say what you want about Edsall, but Maryland will be better then they were last year. They were really banged up when we got them last year. That will be a very tough game that we can't afford to look past.

i couldnt think of a better start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom