How awesome... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How awesome...

People are really over looking the Maryland game. Say what you want about Edsall, but Maryland will be better then they were last year. They were really banged up when we got them last year. That will be a very tough game that we can't afford to look past.

The team can't look past it.

Fans can do whatever the hell we damn please.

:)

In my opinion the maryland game is the best barometer for our season. I also think its in our top 3 must wins.

In my opinion the maryland game is the best barometer for our season. I also think its in our top 3 must wins.
I agree completely. the schedule is brutal. We close the season at Pitt and BC and that is considered the easier part of the schedule. Those won't be, nor will most of the other games and a couple of those are pipe dreams(FSU, at Clemson). MD is by no means a gimme, but very winnable and we have to win the very winnables.

5-0 would be awesome, so would a date with Megan Fox(even with her jacked up thumbs)

nobody is beating FSU. Nobody.

Don't count on it. i think you have to go back 20 years when Nebraska had back to back undefeated seasons. I'm not saying we will beat them or they won't be favored in every game but don't be surprised if someone jumps up and punches them in the mouth this year.

Don't count on it. i think you have to go back 20 years when Nebraska had back to back undefeated seasons. I'm not saying we will beat them or they won't be favored in every game but don't be surprised if someone jumps up and punches them in the mouth this year.
I can't them losing until they get to the 4 team playoff. You never know of course, they will have a ton of pressure on them, way more than last year. But, I don't see it for the first 13 games.

Personally I'll be thrilled with 1-0 first. ;)
I remember Coach Mac's weekly pressers in '87. "We're 1-0 and you can't be any better than that but that's one down, one to go. Now this Villanova team. They've got a lot of great kids. Their third string long snapper - great family. His mother drove through Syracuse once, stopped for gas and dropped a quarter. Went down a storm drain. So he'd like nothing more than to come into Syracuse and knock off an undefeated team..."

Since then I avoid the bad mojo and never go beyond 1 at a time!

So would I with 1-0. My good friend is a coach for a team that played 'Nova last year. He said their QB is VERY good. He's athletic and mobile and will really hurt you with his feet (this has really plagued our teams in the past). You got to make them throw the ball. I am not over looking the game and I hope no one with in the football program is either. Focus on what in front of you and the rest will take care of itself.

Maryland is a top 50 team coming to the carrier dome. This game does not just mean possibly being 3-0, it has bowl and recruiting implications as well. In my opinion our most important game this year are maryland, ul, and those dirty panthers. All are must wins if we want to continue to see improvement at the rate that all of us seem to expect.

Best thing for fans to do at this point is concentrate on Nova and Central Michigan. Those two games especially the Central Michigan game is far from a lock. Even the Nova game could be a lot closer then people think. I absolutely expect them to be 2-0 going into a big game vs Maryland but this team/program is still working its way back to being a consistent top 40 program.

So would I with 1-0. My good friend is a coach for a team that played 'Nova last year. He said their QB is VERY good. He's athletic and mobile and will really hurt you with his feet (this has really plagued our teams in the past). You got to make them throw the ball. I am not over looking the game and I hope no one with in the football program is either. Focus on what in front of you and the rest will take care of itself.

Nobody's going to overlook this game. It's the home opener on a Friday night. Coaches will have these guys dialed in. That QB is very good and on the Payton Watch for best FCS player however, football is a team sport and this team went 0-1 against FBS last year, and 6-4 vs FCS. It's not NDST by any means. Nobody is overlooking the game, but at the same time you won't find 1 person on this forum or part of the program that doesn't fully expect to win this game by 2 TDs. Our O-line will maul their front 7 and that will make all the difference in this one.

Like? OSU in week 1 could, but that is about it imo. I do not think Clemson will be good, and Florida under Muschamp is a complete mess

Like? OSU in week 1 could, but that is about it imo. I do not think Clemson will be good, and Florida under Muschamp is a complete mess

I'm just saying that the probability of running off 26 straight wins is pretty slim. In the era of modern football, the past 25 years, it's only been done a few times. Miami had winning streaks of 34 and 29, Bama did it once and so did Nebraska. Nobody has done it in the past 10 years. The odds are against them, a few bad bounces, key injuries, or bad ST play could doom them for a game. On paper they should win every game, but the reality is that college football can be highly unpredictable.

Best thing for fans to do at this point is concentrate on Nova and Central Michigan. Those two games especially the Central Michigan game is far from a lock. Even the Nova game could be a lot closer then people think. I absolutely expect them to be 2-0 going into a big game vs Maryland but this team/program is still working its way back to being a consistent top 40 program.

Nah, fans are supposed to dream, aren't we? The team should be focused on 'Nova, but if we fans can't imagine a 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 start now, in mid-July, then what's the point of being a fan, really?

And honestly, if we drop a game to either 'Nova or CMU then this program is not nearly where some people suggest we are. Everyone is always complaining that we never start our schedule "easy" enough. Well, here it is. 'Nova, CMU and Maryland at home is as easy a start as we've had in a couple decades.

Nah, fans are supposed to dream, aren't we? The team should be focused on 'Nova, but if we fans can't imagine a 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 start now, in mid-July, then what's the point of being a fan, really?

And honestly, if we drop a game to either 'Nova or CMU then this program is not nearly where some people suggest we are. Everyone is always complaining that we never start our schedule "easy" enough. Well, here it is. 'Nova, CMU and Maryland at home is as easy a start as we've had in a couple decades.

Your right. Remember last July we were 4-0 with Clemson coming to the Dome with us hosting College Gameday. Those were fun times.

Honestly I don't know what to expect this season. On the one hand we've got one of the best offensive minds in college football calling plays (again) and a ton of talent left over from our offense, even without Bridgewater. Strong recruited a lot of depth and we've got something like 8 or 9 returning starters. On the other hand we're entering a considerably deeper conference, playing arguably the toughest schedule we've had in years, and breaking in a new defensive scheme with Todd Grantham and a bunch of holes to fill on that side of the ball after losing three defensive players in the first two rounds of the NFL draft.

Still, I can't help but feel extremely optimistic. Nobody gave us much of a chance when we moved up from CUSA to the Big East and yet we won the conference outright in our second year. I think we'll beat Miami handily in the opener on Labor Day followed by four cupcakes (Murray State, Virginia, FIU, and Wake Forest). That'll get us to 5-0 heading to the Carrier Dome with a top 20 ranking. I didn't watch you guys play much last year so I don't know a whole lot about your team but unless you've got a lights out defense taking the field it'll be a shootout. This is where I become an unapologetic homer and give Louisville the edge simply because Petrino's offense is just about impossible to stop.

Needless to say, I can't tell you guys how awesome it is to see Syracuse on the schedule again. I really feel that we had a great rivalry brewing in the Big East in football and basketball. Best of luck to you guys this year (except on October 3rd of course).

Honestly I don't know what to expect this season. On the one hand we've got one of the best offensive minds in college football calling plays (again) and a ton of talent left over from our offense, even without Bridgewater. Strong recruited a lot of depth and we've got something like 8 or 9 returning starters. On the other hand we're entering a considerably deeper conference, playing arguably the toughest schedule we've had in years, and breaking in a new defensive scheme with Todd Grantham and a bunch of holes to fill on that side of the ball after losing three defensive players in the first two rounds of the NFL draft.

Still, I can't help but feel extremely optimistic. Nobody gave us much of a chance when we moved up from CUSA to the Big East and yet we won the conference outright in our second year. I think we'll beat Miami handily in the opener on Labor Day followed by four cupcakes (Murray State, Virginia, FIU, and Wake Forest). That'll get us to 5-0 heading to the Carrier Dome with a top 20 ranking. I didn't watch you guys play much last year so I don't know a whole lot about your team but unless you've got a lights out defense taking the field it'll be a shootout. This is where I become an unapologetic homer and give Louisville the edge simply because Petrino's offense is just about impossible to stop.

Needless to say, I can't tell you guys how awesome it is to see Syracuse on the schedule again. I really feel that we had a great rivalry brewing in the Big East in football and basketball. Best of luck to you guys this year (except on October 3rd of course).
With all due respect I would not overlook Wake or Virginia, these are still ACC teams albeit in a down year. But I agree I think you will be 5-0 heading into the dome. Than 5-1. :)

With all due respect I would not overlook Wake or Virginia, these are still ACC teams albeit in a down year. But I agree I think you will be 5-0 heading into the dome. Than 5-1. :)

I would feel free to overlook Wake and Virginia, because they both are terrible. Wake will be lucky to win more than 4 games this year even though they play OOC ULM, Gardner-Webb, Utah State and Army and Mike London will finally get fired after another atrocious year this year.

I would feel free to overlook Wake and Virginia, because they both are terrible. Wake will be lucky to win more than 4 games this year even though they play OOC ULM, Gardner-Webb, Utah State and Army and Mike London will finally get fired after another atrocious year this year.
But but, Mike London is an awesome recruiter! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom