How bad will it get? | Syracusefan.com

How bad will it get?

SWC75

Bored Historian
The #1 ranked FCS team in the country, Sam Houston State is losing in their playoff game vs. James Madison 0-65 in the third quarter on ESPN 2.

I would have thought Sam Houston would have kicked James Madison's buut!

The #1 ranked FCS team in the country, Sam Houston State is losing in their playoff game vs. James Madison 0-65 in the third quarter on ESPN 2.

CAA is the SEC of the FCS.

We've discussed going down and spending some time with the Sam Houston St. Coaches this offseason. They're best in class for what they do. For some reason though, I feel like their season ends in a similar fashion consistently.

We've discussed going down and spending some time with the Sam Houston St. Coaches this offseason. They're best in class for what they do. For some reason though, I feel like their season ends in a similar fashion consistently.

What systems do they run, Fin? Until the JMU game, they were scoring a ton.

Jeremiah Briscoe coming into the game: 302 of 469 (.643) for 4,459 yards, (372 per game( 57TDs and 8 interceptions.

Last night: 13 for 44 (.295) for 143 yards, 0 TDs and 2 interceptions.

Reactions: 007
Basically it's an up-tempo version of the air-raid. Predicated on spacing. It's not necessarily all about passing, even though they do a ton. It's about attacking space and doing it at a certain tempo.

It has roots with Leach, but, has become it's own thing. a TON of production.

Reactions: 007
Basically it's an up-tempo version of the air-raid. Predicated on spacing. It's not necessarily all about passing, even though they do a ton. It's about attacking space and doing it at a certain tempo.

It has roots with Leach, but, has become it's own thing. a TON of production.

Thanks Fin! Should DB ever leave - I really hope he doesn't - I would have no problem going with that system, or something similar, and the staffs that have produced big.

one thing in listening to dino is that the issue our offense has right now is answering to the changes the D gave us . since we had no running game we could only use the passing game to make changes and why we had good success early and not late so many games. the kids knew the game plan but struggled with the adjustements need to attack the D when the D made theirs. now the kids have a season of film and time to really study the mistakes. less mistakes and better oline blocking. game 4 LSU.

I get it. Very funny (if that was your intention Mr. Bored Historian). Sam Houston was 6'6" and the Great Little Madison was maybe 5 feet. A true mismatch and yet the underdog became President.

Meanwhile Mount Union went down so for the first time since 2004 the DIII champ will be someone other than Mount Union or Wisconsin-Whitewater. Instead two teams that have never won it, Mary Hardin-Baylor and Wisconsin-Oshkosh will play for the title.

What's this...a true college football playoff? These player's have to be impersonators of real 'student athletes' then since there's no way the rigors of real 'student athletes' could ever balance out the academic side of such a significant event. :rolleyes:

Seeing a game in the Fargodome is on my sports bucket list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom