How 'bout the all-powerful SEC | Syracusefan.com

How 'bout the all-powerful SEC

C05YecnWgAAsiPf.jpg

When they lose, it's because they were not motivated enough. When they win, it's because they were the better team.

Was watching Arkansas crush VT during the first half. VT was playing so miserably that I didn't even bother to finish out the game. I guess VT got their sht together, and Arkansas is the Ne Plus of the choke.

If Wash somehow, someway could knock off 'Bama.....

Ah the pleasure of listening to Finebaum and the other SEC homers cry.

At least this year it's been 1 giant - Bama and 13 weaklings.

Was watching Arkansas crush VT during the first half. VT was playing so miserably that I didn't even bother to finish out the game. I guess VT got their sht together, and Arkansas is the Ne Plus of the choke.
If you look at the 1st. Half scoring trends of Arkansas vs. it's 2nd half trend you can see how Bielema is not a good gameday adjuster of a coach.They out scored their opponents by like 80 in the 1st. half and then were outscored by close to a 100 in 2nd half of games.

It's very interesting. Is Alabama that good? I think they are very good, but I don't think they're as unbeatable as people are making them out to be.

If Wash somehow, someway could knock off 'Bama...

Ah the pleasure of listening to Finebaum and the other SEC homers cry.

At least this year it's been 1 giant - Bama and 13 weaklings.

Not to be a contrarian, but I prefer Clemson beating Alabama. Either way the SEC homers will cry.

TCU up on GA - barely. Funny to see GA maybe ending the year at 7-6 after firing Richt - because he "only" won 9 games each year. Kirby Smart seems like a bit of a t00l.

It's very interesting. Is Alabama that good? I think they are very good, but I don't think they're as unbeatable as people are making them out to be.
Saw a mock draft. They had about 50% of the top 8.

1-4 so far in the Bowls with the one victory a 1-point win over mighty Miami of Ohio after they had 2 gimme kicks blocked

Using bowl games as a conference measuring stick is a data point, but kind of a week measure. Does anyone care about this?

The SEC is good, but yeah, the overhyped nature to it and the amount of painful-to-watch games are high.

Using bowl games as a conference measuring stick is a data point, but kind of a week measure. Does anyone care about this?

The SEC is good, but yeah, the overhyped nature to it and the amount of painful-to-watch games are high.
But it's one of the only things you can use since most of the SEC plays a horrible OOC schedule. Then they get credit for beating each other during their conference schedule.

What makes Alabama so damn good is that, other than pretty much being able to snag any 5 star he wants, Saban really does a good job in minimizing the "stupids" in his players (on the field, anyways). You don't see too many BS penalties e.g. false starts, off sides, etc.

Currently watching Devine Ozigbo set up Nebraska for a score with a big run. Woulda, coulda, shoulda

I'll tell ya, I absolutely LOVE Tennessee's non-traditional gun metal grey uniforms. The orange numbers and accents make them pop. Wouldn't mind something similar for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom