How do I turn off the emails? | Syracusefan.com

How do I turn off the emails?

JohnCuse44

Starter
Please I don't want to get an email everytime someone replys to a thread I posted in. How do I turn it off, I thought I figured it out but I keep getting them.

Click the down arrow next to your handle (upper right). Go to Contact Details. Check the settings there.

if it was on when you replyed to the thread you will keep getting them from that thread only. every other post you make or reply to is safe if you turned it off.

Click the down arrow next to your handle (upper right). Go to Contact Details. Check the settings there.

Not sure that is it. That is for site emails from the admins and for private convos (PMs). I thought only watched threads would send an email.

if it was on when you replyed to the thread you will keep getting them from that thread only. every other post you make or reply to is safe if you turned it off.

Pretty sure you got it right. Need to unsubscribe to the threads I posted in before I turned off the email alerts.

Same thing happened to me.

Yes thanks for the help.

Also, FYI to everyone else to turn it off you need to scroll over your name, click preferences and uncheck - and receive email notifications of replies. Under Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

Pretty sure you got it right. Need to unsubscribe to the threads I posted in before I turned off the email alerts.

Don't turn off the email alerts, they have nothing to do with posts. Just don't "watch" any posts. The email is for the admins to contact all users and also to get an email when someone starts a convo (PM) with you.

Yes thanks for the help.

Also, FYI to everyone else to turn it off you need to scroll over your name, click preferences and uncheck - and receive email notifications of replies. Under Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

That is correct under the preference tab. I was commenting on those who said to go to the alert preferences. Two different tabs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom