How does Babers fix this jumping O-Line? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How does Babers fix this jumping O-Line?

as bad as the TV coverage was for some plays who knows what the problem was.. they had a scroll bar covering our WR half the time. several penalties happened before they even had a camera ready to see the plays. strange to see one on the center though before people even got in position to snap.
And then they bring in the BC LB and they talk over the action...frustrating. I even hate that when it is an SU great in the booth.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I wasn't sure what was going and with a lot of noise coming up vs Clemson I just wanted to hear some feedback along with any coaches that tried to fix this kind of issue. I thought the refs were being a little sensitive and almost seemed to really focus on the Cuse O-line a little more for some reason.

How does Babers fix this?

da6e736285e6ad1f1e4eed34be932e35.jpg

That was a no doubt offsides! I didn't care when the guy was running the ball back deep into our territory because I knew BC was offsides. That was an absolutely brutal missed call. Gave BC 3 points and potentially cost us some points.

Did Dungey make that throw into coverage because he believed it was a "free play" so he could take a chance on it?

For each time one of them jumps add an extra sprint for EVERYONE at the end of your Monday practice. Want to see a kid make the extra effort to not make mistakes, get his friends and teammates pissed at him. Works like a charm...

That's fine but you need controls in place. If an OL stands there and gets beat bad by the DL because he didn't want to flinch early, you add two extra sprints for everyone.

For each time one of them jumps add an extra sprint for EVERYONE at the end of your Monday practice. Want to see a kid make the extra effort to not make mistakes, get his friends and teammates pissed at him. Works like a charm...
Or perhaps, a baseball bat.

you slow that down and its actually pretty close.. yes he jumped but since you can see the ball did he actually cross the line.. it would seem so. but 2 refs decided he didnt.

Sometimes I don't get what you see and think you need to get your eyes checked. The one DL had his hands in the 20 when the ball was snapped. It wasn't even close.

I mean, every offensive line jumps early. It happens. But I don't seem to recall this being an issue before Saturday.

We have been trending this way. The last few games. But, at the same time, ED has produced alot of jumps on the other side. Might be a fine line. Not sure what the mechanism is to try and get guys jump. I know we are purposely trying to prevent the dline from jumping into gaps. At times, it might be backfiring.

We have been trending this way. The last few games. But, at the same time, ED has produced alot of jumps on the other side. Might be a fine line. Not sure what the mechanism is to try and get guys jump. I know we are purposely trying to prevent the dline from jumping into gaps. At times, it might be backfiring.

Actually mental fatigue of playing 8 games in a row...should be corrected over the bye week by both coaches & players refocusing and we should see very little of this for next 4 games. People forget that it's only season 1 of a new system and most of our OL lacks experience not only with new system but playing together.

The players are all in with the goal to get to a bowl game this year. I'm believing we win 3 out of 4 but will settle for 2 of 4 :)!

Honestly with a D-Line Coach who used to be our Head coach I wouldn't put Shenanigans out of the question, DL fake snap counts et-al. Coach P was by most accounts a pretty honorable guy but I'd be guessing he wanted that win pretty badly or his players wanted it for him.
jogged my memory from a few weeks ago

Good one, Cuseregular. I remember our platoon sergeant using the same remedy in the Army 50 years ago. As you said..."works like a charm". True.

We've had a few before this game, nothing crazy. You also have to remember these refs where trigger happy. At least 4 of the "false starts" where the lineman getting into the set position. Yes we do need to still work on it, but these ACC refs did to get their collect of brains kicked into high gear to keep up with us.
Re-watched the game and there were some definite phantom calls on the OL! Also noted that Babers was having multiple, animated conversations with the refs.

Sometimes I don't get what you see and think you need to get your eyes checked. The one DL had his hands in the 20 when the ball was snapped. It wasn't even close.

yup and yet you cant see the ball or the LOS yet you see offsides. I agree he moved and jumped, as to whether he actually went across the line and didnt get back before the ball moved you cant see from that angle.

when you go frame by frame he is moving backwards when the ball appears in frame behind the center. for all we can tell the LOS might have been 6 inches outside the 20.

I remember having a conversation back in the Freeney days with the head of the NCAA rules committee about a Freeney offsides call. He moved so fast and got to the QB he was called offsides. He left way before anyone else on the field.. Yet when you watched the side angle and slowed it down he didnt move until after the ball was hiked it just looked funny because he was so far ahead of everyone else. The Ncaa dude looked at the freeze frames and agreed they missed the call.

We dont even have that angle to tell, 2 guys missed it so you must be right when not one camera view showed anything useful.

Did Dungey make that throw into coverage because he believed it was a "free play" so he could take a chance on it?

In my mind - he definitely threw it up there for grabs because he thought he had a free play. Normally a throw like that would elicit some salty language from me, but because he had the free play, I thought it was great. He always seems to take a shot when the defense jumps. I'm sure that's what he & the receivers are coached to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom