How does this class compare to recent classes? | Syracusefan.com

How does this class compare to recent classes?

Cuse House

All American
I follow bball recruiting much more than football because it is easier keeping track of 4-5 guys. With that said, I have been reading all the threads this morning and the they seem to be optimistic on what we have and what we could potentially end with. What are your opinions on this class against say the last 3? Obviously you never know how guys turn out, but strictly based on what they have done in HS and camps? Thanks!

Class is looking strong, but unfinished. I especially love the WR athletes we're bringing in. The first taste we'll get to see of Dino recruiting to his own system. Should be a heightened level of competition between positions from the get-go this summer which can only build a better, more competitive and polished team. Still worried about DE and DB depth but we aren't done recruiting just yet.

I follow bball recruiting much more than football because it is easier keeping track of 4-5 guys. With that said, I have been reading all the threads this morning and the they seem to be optimistic on what we have and what we could potentially end with. What are your opinions on this class against say the last 3? Obviously you never know how guys turn out, but strictly based on what they have done in HS and camps? Thanks!
At this moment, #47 with only Wake & BC below us. This could change especially with the addition of JUCOs.

Class is looking strong, but unfinished. I especially love the WR athletes we're bringing in. The first taste we'll get to see of Dino recruiting to his own system. Should be a heightened level of competition between positions from the get-go this summer which can only build a better, more competitive and polished team. Still worried about DE and DB depth but we aren't done recruiting just yet.
Thanks, TrueBlue! DB's in my opinion are the hardest to recruit at an elite level. If you look at the top echelon of D1 programs, they have shut down, ball-hawking corners and safeties, which allows teams to put on a pass rush. For us in the Tampa 2, much tougher because we need the right size and speed for it to work.

I like the size of a few of the receivers. Cam Jordan is very intriguing, he is a big kid. I think he is going to be really good.

If we finish the class with JUCO's with multiple P5 offers I will be really happy. Looking for a TE, CB, S, DE, DT, OL? Only if they can step in and start immediately for 2-3 years.

I think the jury will be out on this class until 2018.

Looks the same as most classes on paper, with the exception that you can probably be really happy with 3-5 commits this year.

All other years, you can get excited about 1 or 2, and one of those never qualifies

Looks the same as most classes on paper, with the exception that you can probably be really happy with 3-5 commits this year.

All other years, you can get excited about 1 or 2, and one of those never qualifies
Depth for all positions for the systems we are now running will be huge.

Class to me looks taller and bigger across the board.

Only 2 kids under 6-0, maybe 3, but both slot receivers and I expect Nykeim Johnson to be Brisley part 2. His speed and physique is impressive. Sharod Johnson looks like a good one to.

The third is a RB but that’s to be expected.

This seems to be a fair assessment. Those 3-5 guys you're excited about? My guess DeVito, Fagan, Palmer, Stritzinger?

Hard to get excited yet. We have to wait and see who makes it to campus, then who stays. At this point, I might say things look slightly better, but who really knows?!

This seems to be a fair assessment. Those 3-5 guys you're excited about? My guess DeVito, Fagan, Palmer, Stritzinger?
There are always the dark horse types, guys you don't really know what you're getting for various reasons. To me, this class has several. The two Canadians stand out here, both are physical freaks that are relatively unheralded because they live north of the wall. Trotter and Stritz are also two ridiculous athletes that have gotten overlooked because of the timing of significant injuries. I don't expect any of them to contribute right away, and someone needs to explain to Mr Stritzinger that while he can develop into a good college running back, his skill set screams next level defensive back. Give these guys a few years, molded by the right coaching they will surprise alot of people.

Weirdly, 2 4 7 composite is at #51. But they have our 2 Canadians unranked, driving down our average. They are ranked with the other 2 services (3*LB, 2*OL) - but I'm not even sure they've been seen.

I'm very excited about our WR's.

6-2 190
6-4 190
6-3 200

Amba is listed at 6-2 202. You could see how imposing and big he was on the field and obviously it was a huge advantage. We'll see if these 3 can run and catch but you HAVE to love their size.

The LB from Canada Tyrell Richards. IDK, this kid jumps off the page at me and looks all of the 6-3 225. I feel like he's a steal, high major SEC type backer (physically/athletically).

Last edited:
I'm very excited about our WR's.

6-2 190
6-4 190
6-3 200

Amba is listed at 6-2 202. You could see how imposing and big he was on the field and obviously it's a huge advantage. We'll see if these 3 can run and catch but you HAVE to love their size.

The LB from Canada Tyrell Richards. IDK, this kid jumps off the page at me and looks all of the 6-3 225. I feel like he's a steal, high major SEC type backer (physically/athletically).
The measurables in general are an order of magnitude better. The approach with Shafer (and to an extent with P) always seemed like they were willing to sacrifice size for speed. That (somewhat obviously) hasn't worked out well. I'm bullish on the difference in this staff's approach, they're definitely looking for raw attributes and seem to be much more confident in their ability to develop athletes both physically and technique.