How Good Was UCONN Last Season? | Syracusefan.com

How Good Was UCONN Last Season?

mantonio

Starter
No one could have predicted that a mediocre squad like UCONN would be cutting down the nets last season, but it happened. They got hot at the right time & everything fell into place, for a team that frankly, didn't have the talent & did not rightfully deserve a National Championship.

But, that is the way things happen sometimes.

Am I saying that Syracuse will be a Champion in April? By no means...

What I AM saying is, this November Edition Syracuse team will not even begin to resemble the March version...

This is true. We aren't as bad as what everyone is thinking. We'll make the tournament, I think.

But I said to some friends at the beginning of the season last year when UConn beat Florida on that lucky buzzer beater, that Shabazz has what it takes to lead his team to a FF and a NC. We don't have anyone even remotely resembling Shabazz's leadership on this team.

Absolutely, get in the Tournament and anything can happen.

This is true. We aren't as bad as what everyone is thinking. We'll make the tournament, I think.

But I said to some friends at the beginning of the season last year when UConn beat Florida on that lucky buzzer beater, that Shabazz has what it takes to lead his team to a FF and a NC. We don't have anyone even remotely resembling Shabazz's leadership on this team.

Agree with this. UCONN had the best collegiate point guard on their team. A guy who could single handedly take over a game. We don't.

Agree with this. UCONN had the best collegiate point guard on their team. A guy who could single handedly take over a game. We don't.

It's early, we don't now, but who's to say Kaleb or Chris won't be ready to take over late in the season.

No one could have predicted that a mediocre squad like UCONN would be cutting down the nets last season, but it happened. They got hot at the right time & everything fell into place, for a team that frankly, didn't have the talent & did not rightfully deserve a National Championship.

What I AM saying is, this November Edition Syracuse team will not even begin to resemble the March version...
I was at the uf uconn early season game, they were good. I hate Uconn but i told my son that night they looked like a FF team. This team is nowhere near where uconn was early season last yr yet imo. But thats the beauty, its where you are in feb and march that matters most

Mantonio, I believe in you and I still believe in this team. Let's get it back tonight, come out and play with plenty to prove.